X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advise

hey guys and gals. i'm an up and coming am player. and what i need advise on is how to go about picking up sponsors? and what i should look for in a sponsor and or what i should expect from them?

thank you all in advance

win a few tournaments in open??

Comment

Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by ChainBanger View Post
        Seriously?
        yeah seriously i'm not expecting it to happen overnight but i feel that is an awesome goal to shoot for. so far as winning some tournies in open divison....then yeah i'm afew years out from that

Comment

Yeah, and probably not ID yourself with a pot leaf on your avatar - sponsors don't like controversy for the most part...oll at what a single bong hit did for the best swimmer in the world...

Originally posted by mazza View Post
          yeah seriously i'm not expecting it to happen overnight but i feel that is an awesome goal to shoot for. so far as winning some tournies in open divison....then yeah i'm afew years out from that

Comment

uhhhh, it's like a 1 in a million shot to get a sponsor out there... think about this, our back to back National Deaf champ can't get a sponsor.. yet...

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
              Yeah, and probably not ID yourself with a pot leaf on your avatar - sponsors don't like controversy for the most part...oll at what a single bong hit did for the best swimmer in the world...
              aight i'll give that to ya...good point and well taken. is this better?

Comment

I liked the first one just fine, but I'm not gonna sponsor ya!

Just a bit of friendly advice!

Originally posted by mazza View Post
                aight i'll give that to ya...good point and well taken. is this better?

Comment

and i thank u much for pointing that out for me

Comment

Once your pdga ranking goes over 1000 the sponsors will find you; until then, well getting to the 1000 mark will keep you busy for a while.
                    educate your thinking

Comment

What I was told by innova was get to 1000 and get a couple of wins against some good players. The amount of tourneys you play and how far you travel is important also. Local sponsors are not as picky.
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

aight so a 1000 rating is a good start.... well i better eat my wheaties and practice more lol

Comment

aight well after talking to friends i'm gonna try for local sponsorships... a discraft or innova sponsor would be great. but not likely any time soon. thank you guys for the info

Comment

You may want to consider joining the PDGA. It might be hard to be taken seriously as a pro player if you are not a member of the PDGA.

Comment

Mazza,

If you are really serious about obtaining a sponsor get a professional to write you a generic proposal and start selling yourself like crazy. I'm sure there are a lot of small local business's that would sponsor a disc golf player as long as they were getting their money's worth in advertisement. I was in the process of this right before I broke my leg a few months back. It will take a lot of leg work.

999 "NO's" may be worth the suffering for the 1 "MAYBE"

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X