Un-Freakin'-Believable Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Un-Freakin'-Believable

    So I hook up with JMan and Dave at Pier today about 4:00. We get to Tee Pad 2 and watch as the guys ahead of us hole out and walk away. All three of us tee off and Dave's drive goes into the big tree straight out from the tee pad. We walk down toward his disc and there are a number of discs strewn in the field below us. We only took one drive! A couple of guys start walking around oblivious to the fact that they are in our fairway. One guy picks up a blue disc and J says, "if that is a ------, that's mine." The guy drops it and says his is around there somewhere and walks up the bank. Dave is patiently waiting on the guy who is right in his way and the guys says, "go ahead", still in the way. The guy finally moves up near the tree line and Dave calmly says, "that's the way I'm throwing". The guy gets out of the way finally and Dave throws. The guy then says in a snotty tone, "you don't have to be so sarcastic, we're not from Pussy Portland, we're from San Diego, we kill people there". We go down and as we are holing out the guy stands behind us calling us "pussies". WTF? We just walked away but boy talk about a situation that COULD have gotten out of hand. Thanks for the cool head J!

    Bob

  • #2
    I think that's why Gwillim moved up here!
    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Just more reasons for me to not like California....
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

      ~ Cyndi Lauper ~

      Comment


      • #4
        What a bunch of handjobs.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

        Comment


        • #5
          Where you from?

          People who live in California are From all over the place,this country and others. An a-hole is an a-hole. It doesn't matter where they say they are from, some people plainly just SUCK! Im sure San Diego wouldn't want to claim this buthead either, silyb , Tw

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Parks View Post
            What a bunch of handjobs.
            I am not sure this description is accurate. I usually enjoy handjobs.
            Click here

            Challenge disc golf

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Darr View Post
              I think that's why Gwillim moved up here!
              Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner, folks!

              Bob, if you got their names, I can make their lives HELL! I know ppl down there that that actually kill people (and I'm actually serious)!

              Comment


              • #8
                How did I wind up on this planet?

                BTW, I moved up here from So.Cal. That was 40 years ago, and that's because I thought it was bad down there then.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

                Comment


                • #9
                  durn southerner's

                  Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                  Just more reasons for me to not like California....
                  I was sitting in a Riddle, Or. tavern having a beer back in 1975 after just moving from California.
                  There were these logger, redneck (Yeh I stereotype) fellers that heard where I'd come from.
                  They started talking amongst themselves about how they hated the idea of us southerners "Californicating" their land.
                  Then one of them got up and told me to leave my beer and the state.
                  The short version of my reply was:
                  I am a United States citizen and I'll go have a beer anywhere in the USA that I damn well wish to.
                  Just as I thought I'd be seeing stars him and his buds started laughing and then bought me my next beer.
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  - Anonymous

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I love it when the fleas argue over whose dog it is...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by erp View Post
                      I love it when the fleas argue over whose dog it is...
                      Originally posted by R. Buckminster Fuller
                      "The World isn't inhabited, it's infested."
                      ..
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Invasive species?!?! I AM an invasive species!

                        "I'm tired of all this, 'ain't humanity neat?' bullsh!te, we're a virus in shoes." - Bill Hicks


                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by erp
                        I love it when the fleas argue over whose dog it is...

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Ol' Bob
                        "The World isn't inhabited, it's infested." R. Buckminster Fuller
                        ..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                          I am not sure this description is accurate. I usually enjoy handjobs.
                          I love you Chris.

                          Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                          I was sitting in a Riddle, Or. tavern having a beer back in 1975 after just moving from California.
                          There were these logger, redneck (Yeh I stereotype) fellers that heard where I'd come from.
                          They started talking amongst themselves about how they hated the idea of us southerners "Californicating" their land.
                          Then one of them got up and told me to leave my beer and the state.
                          The short version of my reply was:
                          I am a United States citizen and I'll go have a beer anywhere in the USA that I damn well wish to.
                          Just as I thought I'd be seeing stars him and his buds started laughing and then bought me my next beer.
                          Just to clarify I was being sarcastic about California... that's cool they were just messing you.
                          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

                          ~ Cyndi Lauper ~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hope you don't mind but I took that quote completely out of context for my signature, it's classic.
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

                            ~ Cyndi Lauper ~

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                              Hope you don't mind but I took that quote completely out of context for my signature, it's classic.
                              I didn't mind I though it was pretty funny. You now have a quote from ghandi who I sharea birthday with.
                              Click here

                              Challenge disc golf

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X