Any Oregonians have some spare floor or yard space for a couple travelers? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Oregonians have some spare floor or yard space for a couple travelers?

In just about a week, Chuck and I are going to embark on a tour of Oregon's courses. We're looking at doing a lot of camping, but I figured I'd see if any disc golfers out there might have some room for us. A floor or space in the yard to pitch a tent would be plenty adequate for us. We don't have our itinerary fully hammered out just yet, but our main destination will be Whistler's and the major courses in between. I think we should be covered as far as Portland goes, and hopefully there will be space at Whistler's, but we could potentially use a place to crash in the Albany or Eugene areas. We're both relatively sane and mostly harmless, and can recognize thirst in our compatriots. Also, in the event we don't find a residence to intrude upon, does anyone have recommendations of places to camp in those areas (or avoid, for that matter?)

Oh, and on a similar note, if any locals wanted to accompany us on any of the courses, we'd be stoked to shoot a round with you!
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    We're both relatively sane and mostly harmless
    I agree with both statements.

Let me know if your plans in Portland don't work out - I should have a patch of land you can use. Hell, I might even let you in the house.

Comment

You know you're cool if you get this far off the freeway.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

There is a nice state park campground called Cascara 20-25 min. from Dexter that I have enjoyed. Also, there are a few campgrounds up the Fall Creek Road past Cascara that are a little more remote...however, they still have a fee.

Comment

post your schedule when you know it of when you will be playing Portland area courses. i would love to meet and shoot a round with some fellow disc artists. maybe i can bring my "shortbus" dye chuck liked so well and let him throw into a few trees or something? hahahaha
          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Wow... Do they teach self-awareness at any of the local community colleges? Anyone know?
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Wow... Do they teach self-awareness at any of the local community colleges? Anyone know?
              Sam is that avatar your new puppy??
              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                Sam is that avatar your new puppy??
                That ain't a real dog. I think I see the "GUND" tag.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The closest you could get would be to take Philosophy from me.
                  TROJAN NATION #22: Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphans

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    In just about a week, Chuck and I are going to embark on a tour of Oregon's courses. We're looking at doing a lot of camping, but I figured I'd see if any disc golfers out there might have some room for us. A floor or space in the yard to pitch a tent would be plenty adequate for us. We don't have our itinerary fully hammered out just yet, but our main destination will be Whistler's and the major courses in between. I think we should be covered as far as Portland goes, and hopefully there will be space at Whistler's, but we could potentially use a place to crash in the Albany or Eugene areas. We're both relatively sane and mostly harmless, and can recognize thirst in our compatriots. Also, in the event we don't find a residence to intrude upon, does anyone have recommendations of places to camp in those areas (or avoid, for that matter?)

Oh, and on a similar note, if any locals wanted to accompany us on any of the courses, we'd be stoked to shoot a round with you!
                    As with Scott, if your PDX hookup doesn't work out let me know. I'm about a half hour from Milo. Also, since I'm unemployed let me know your itinerary, I'd love to get in a round with you two.

Bob

Comment

I should mention that I'll be bringing my dye kit and a bunch of pre-cut Furioso stencils...I plan on leaving a trail of these

up and down the interstate, hopefully on the money drivers of gracious hosts.
                      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Sam if this was pointed at me, andf Im sure it was. Chuck and I have already spoken. H e may not have liked that dye, (and I knew it would bring controversy), but we are cool. I am sure he would throw a round or 3 with me anyday.
                        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Yeah, just post when and where in the Portland area. I get some weekdays off.
                          "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Let me know when you're coming thru Eugene. I'm sure we can work something out. I'm just trying to pay it forward, and back, for all the times I crashed at people's houses on tour. Peace Bro.

Andrew
                            Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and offers of hospitality. Just about 18 hours or so until departure, I'm stoked! Hope to see some of you out on our travels!
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X