Falcon hazard! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
    infact at my work it was asked that people not have pictures of owls on thier desk tops.
    And you're sure - with this type of superstitious nonsense - that you don't work at a church?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Sam View Post
      And you're sure - with this type of superstitious nonsense - that you don't work at a church?
      I'm fairly certain I don't work in a church, Unless Business Outsourcing is a religion.
      Throw What You Know.
      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
      PDGA# 45989

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        I had the Battle of the Chicken Yard with a coopers hawk once. Sadly, I won. The hawk would come in, zig-zagging under the canopy, like Eric said, picking off our young chickens. I can't believe I actually got it with a .22. If I ever have chickens again, they will have netting over them. Though it was over 40 years ago, shooting that raptor was hard on my spirit.
        As well as illegal.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
          As well as illegal.
          True dat.

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migrato...ty_Act_of_1918

          Comment


          • #20
            Well, I was a dumb kid and thought protecting your stock was what farmers did. Over the years, the only wild predators that ever got any of my stock were weasels, raccoons, and that one hawk. Losses were over nine to one higher due to people's dogs. Never even had a problem with coyotes, even though I've seen them and hear them often. Seen this guy too:

            I've made up with most of the critters now:
            Last edited by Ol' Bob; August 28th, 2009, 02:23 PM.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post

              I've made up with most of the critters now:
              I've got one of them critters that's gonna get strangled if I catch him in the act. The night after I put fish in my pond the mf'er woke us up snacking on the goldfish. I built a handy dandy cover (my avatar) to keep the sonsab!tches out and it worked for a couple months. Woke up the other day and noticed the bastards had just walked across it sticking their grubby little paws through and ripped up my waterlily and water hyacinths. My goldfish are over 6" now and if another one ends up missing I'm gonna shimmy up that tree and throw down a coonskin hat or two!


              Comment


              • #22
                Could be an overpopulation issue - I had a similar incident a couple weeks ago at Dabney that I wrote about in another thread - there was a second-year fawn between me and the basket, eating apples oblivious to us.

                My up shot flew by about 15 feet from his head and he barely flinched, kinda started a bit and then strolled away trying to look cool after my buddy threw his shot...neither of us placed the deer in any danger, however, if I was under 18, that sucker would have been converted to venison!

                If you squint you can see the deer lined up with the basket, in this crappy iphone shot...




                Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                Over crowding??? I know in my area, because of the long spring, the deer population exploded and because the deer population exploded the predator population exploded. The cougar population in the Umatilla NF was about one cougar for ever three square miles. That's a lot of cat in a small area. Their normal population is about one for every 20 sq miles.
                Last edited by erp; August 28th, 2009, 03:05 PM. Reason: fixed link...

                Comment


                • #23
                  You think you've got it bad - I have a racoon that's been coming into my back yard and raping my douglas fir.

                  Yes, you read that right...the racoon is the pervert of the animal kingdom...

                  There's this little lump by the root with a little hole in it to add to the whole disquieting situation....I've been trying to get video, but I'm usually asleep when it happens, and the silent screams of the doug fir do not waken me...

                  Originally posted by jevon View Post
                  I've got one of them critters that's gonna get strangled if I catch him in the act. The night after I put fish in my pond the mf'er woke us up snacking on the goldfish. I built a handy dandy cover (my avatar) to keep the sonsab!tches out and it worked for a couple months. Woke up the other day and noticed the bastards had just walked across it sticking their grubby little paws through and ripped up my waterlily and water hyacinths. My goldfish are over 6" now and if another one ends up missing I'm gonna shimmy up that tree and throw down a coonskin hat or two!


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by erp View Post
                    You think you've got it bad - I have a racoon that's been coming into my back yard and raping my douglas fir.

                    Yes, you read that right...the racoon is the pervert of the animal kingdom...

                    There's this little lump by the root with a little hole in it to add to the whole disquieting situation....I've been trying to get video, but I'm usually asleep when it happens, and the silent screams of the doug fir do not waken me...
                    my dad uses a co2 bb pistol to protect teh fish in his pond. Pain is about the only thing the little pests understand
                    Throw What You Know.
                    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                    PDGA# 45989

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by erp View Post
                      You think you've got it bad - I have a racoon that's been coming into my back yard and raping my douglas fir.

                      Yes, you read that right...the racoon is the pervert of the animal kingdom...

                      There's this little lump by the root with a little hole in it to add to the whole disquieting situation....I've been trying to get video, but I'm usually asleep when it happens, and the silent screams of the doug fir do not waken me...
                      Place a mousetrap inside the little hole. Problem solved.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by erp View Post
                        You think you've got it bad - I have a racoon that's been coming into my back yard and raping my douglas fir.

                        Yes, you read that right...the racoon is the pervert of the animal kingdom...

                        There's this little lump by the root with a little hole in it to add to the whole disquieting situation....I've been trying to get video, but I'm usually asleep when it happens, and the silent screams of the doug fir do not waken me...
                        Only a natural thing for him to do with his woody.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                          Only a natural thing for him to do with his woody.
                          That's knot funny!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            These puns, they're killing me!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I sense a hijacking here. A punny one though.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Tad View Post
                                I sense a hijacking here. A punny one though.
                                The humor is pulpable.

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X