Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, now i'm wondering how much the OP has progressed over the last 3 years. dlafount, are you still out there???
    Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmonty View Post
      dlafount, are you still out there???
      Last Activity: August 29th, 2009 03:48 PM
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Biggest change to my game happened after I started practice throwing in a field, and putting regularly. Still have a long way to go, but it took me from +18 at Pier to under there in 2 years. Biggest helpers to my game so far: Gwillim (Driving, an Amazing teacher, Professor of DG even), Emma (Putting advice, invaluable), Sines (All around great guy, with a sarcastic edge, another great scholar of DG flight science), Carson (Beating me weekly to keep me in check, my upshot Guru), Pinkal (What can I say, a true gentleman, always makes time to talk), & several others giving me small tips, or just letting me watch them. Now I hope to pass on what I've been given when asked, or gently when not asked. I use Glenwood field going East behind basket #9. 500' deep, about 350' wide, and from Parking edge West to far curb edge East is exactly 350' out. When slow #9 basket is great for multiple elevation putting practice. Many times I go, practice throwing for distance Mids/Putters/Drivers, and leave without playing the course. If your new, and you see a bald guy throwing near a white prius, ask me for help if you want it and I would be happy to give you what I know. I went from struggling to get to 275', to comfortably throwing over 350 in a year of field practice.
        PDGA# 49616
        Stumptown# 353
        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
          Biggest change to my game happened after I started practice throwing in a field, and putting regularly. Still have a long way to go, but it took me from +18 at Pier to under there in 2 years. Biggest helpers to my game so far: Gwillim (Driving, an Amazing teacher, Professor of DG even), Emma (Putting advice, invaluable), Sines (All around great guy, with a sarcastic edge, another great scholar of DG flight science), Carson (Beating me weekly to keep me in check, my upshot Guru), Pinkal (What can I say, a true gentleman, always makes time to talk), & several others giving me small tips, or just letting me watch them. Now I hope to pass on what I've been given when asked, or gently when not asked. I use Glenwood field going East behind basket #9. 500' deep, about 350' wide, and from Parking edge West to far curb edge East is exactly 350' out. When slow #9 basket is great for multiple elevation putting practice. Many times I go, practice throwing for distance Mids/Putters/Drivers, and leave without playing the course. If your new, and you see a bald guy throwing near a white prius, ask me for help if you want it and I would be happy to give you what I know. I went from struggling to get to 275', to comfortably throwing over 350 in a year of field practice.
          Thank You. That's a mighty nice offer.

Just waiting for the starter set I ordered to get shipped to me.
          :cool::rockon::pirate::cool2: Keep Portland Weird! :cool2::pirate::rockon::cool:

Comment

Anywhere is good, local schools or parks are the best especially ones least trafficked. Another thin to do might be to checkout some of the discraft clinics on youtube on how to throw the disc in different situations

Psychology of Disc Golf

Comment

it's kind of sad but in Milwaukie I practice at a large field where a school has closed and been converted to offices....if you can find one like this I have seen that there is rarely anyone there....I can get on a strip of grass elevated from the main field and all though there is a building and some playground equipment you can set your practice basket up up to 700 feet away! Also found a double (back to back) soccer field area with baseball diamonds on each end. This offers a great, if sometimes loose, tee and a large target.....more people at this location though due to a walking path.

Field practice helps so much that I finally have been able to get a few shots out there recently over 600 feet again....I took several years off but never thought I would throw that far again. A couple long ones came for me after warming up like many reccomend by throwing out my entire bag, around 20 discs, at my practice target from 30 percent, 50, 70, 90 and finally full power. sometimes I skip 90 cuz this can take well over an hour and is tiring. But you get so limber for me I can finally rip my esp nuke like a pro if I get a lucky release! Go for that field practice! and good luck

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X