Poll: What's in your bag? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by erp View Post
    Dangit, I forgot Lightning - any other omissions?
    That's not a grievous omission. In fact, I would say more than acceptable.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

    Comment


    • #47
      Very interesting. Seems that most people have a mix in their bag. Going by strictly bags full of one manufacturer or another, however, is anyone really surprised that the superior manufacturer has almost as many votes as "mixed bag"?

      No... I didn't think anyone would be surprised at that.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

      Comment


      • #48
        When I was thinking this up I was hoping to find a counterpart board in the midwest to poll where it seems everyone throws discraft (at least when I go back to Minneapolis and throw with folks there...)

        The Innova v. Mix numbers have flipped since this time yesterday...

        Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Very interesting. Seems that most people have a mix in their bag. Going by strictly bags full of one manufacturer or another, however, is anyone really surprised that the superior manufacturer has almost as many votes as "mixed bag"?

        No... I didn't think anyone would be surprised at that.
        Last edited by erp; August 25th, 2009, 01:25 PM.

        Comment


        • #49
          heh, I'm all of the above, with one Lat 64 thrown in for good measure.
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Tim View Post
            heh, I'm all of the above, with one Lat 64 thrown in for good measure.
            Pervert!

            Comment


            • #51
              West coast is innovaland plain and simple, and hey they do make lots of great discs that fly differently, and those are just the orcs. When you hit the Mid West it's Discraftland, and overall it really doesn't matter one damn bit. Find the discs you like, that work in your game and go with them. If it's all manufacturer so be it, if it's a mix then that is only an indication of what works for that player, period. Big deal...
              educate your thinking

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Pervert!
                Hey, what can I say? I'm young(ish) and unattached.

                Originally posted by JMan View Post
                West coast is innovaland plain and simple, and hey they do make lots of great discs that fly differently, and those are just the orcs.
                ZING!
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Innova Discs: No Two Alike (or we don't know what we're doin'!)
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Custom art adds to the enjoyment...

                    I can appreciate that there are many more disc golf brands out there than I realized. I've lived a sheltered life out here on the east coast (a.k.a. - Innova East Coast country). The only other discs I've thrown are Discraft. Although, half the fun for me is the chance to do custom illustrations for various tournaments and events all over the place, with the added benefit to stuff my bag full of my own art!
                    Skeet Scienski
                    "Beyond the Disc"
                    Custom Illustrations
                    www.skeetland-art.com
                    skeetland@gmail.com
                    704-891-3521

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I can't bring myself to pull the examples of your art out of the bags they came in!

                      Welcome to the forum, Skeet!


                      Originally posted by Skeet Scienski View Post
                      I can appreciate that there are many more disc golf brands out there than I realized. I've lived a sheltered life out here on the east coast (a.k.a. - Innova East Coast country). The only other discs I've thrown are Discraft. Although, half the fun for me is the chance to do custom illustrations for various tournaments and events all over the place, with the added benefit to stuff my bag full of my own art!

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                        Innova Discs: No Two Alike (or we don't know what we're doin'!)
                        Knowing what I know about manufacturing in general, No two of anything is the same. Everything wears differently. While there is usually some sort of quality control, even the temperature and humidity from one stamp to the next will create slightly different characteristics.
                        Throw What You Know.
                        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                        PDGA# 45989

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by erp View Post
                          I can't bring myself to pull the examples of your art out of the bags they came in!

                          Welcome to the forum, Skeet!
                          That's a big compliment! Although, I can understand your conundrum. I figured out a solution, though. I always get one to mount on the wall and one to lose to the murky depths of those cold deep waters.
                          Skeet Scienski
                          "Beyond the Disc"
                          Custom Illustrations
                          www.skeetland-art.com
                          skeetland@gmail.com
                          704-891-3521

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Sick Sick sick....

                            I feel Dirty,

                            I "Roc" a full bag of Innova Drivers and Mids, Including Old Beasts, Star Wraiths, and The random 12+ Driver.

                            Sexy Minty Ecostar Rocs........

                            AND............ MAGNETS

                            Someone Help!!!!!

                            I need a pair of grippy KC Aviars STAT!!!!!!

                            Anyone..... Bueller??????

                            Comment

                            Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X