X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erp View Post
    You don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud over Pier Park do you?
    Now that was funny!

Seriously, I avoided the poll the first time I passed through here. Erp knows what I was talking about, and that it wasn't all that knee-jerk. I was trying to be informative, as erp had presented us with a great illustration of how polls are used to get desired results these days.

And yes, I think the "joke" could easily have skewed the poll enough to throw the majority reply to Innova from Incestuous Perversion.
    Last edited by Ol' Bob; August 24th, 2009, 02:07 PM. Reason: incorrect smelling
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post

And yes, I think the "joke" could easily have skewed the poll enough to throw the majority reply to Innova from Incestuous Perversion.
      I only picked it because I AM a sick pervert.

Comment

A job worth doing....

Lemme see, where's my Jethro Tull?
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Throw Innova putt Gateway.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
            I think the X-Wasps from 2003-2004 were about as close as they got. If they were still making those, I would probably be throwing the Wasp for my primary mid. Still, those X-Wasps were too durable. The main problem with comparing the Wasp and the Roc is the issue of lifespan. The Roc is fantastic in ALL stages of it's life, which is why we carry 3, 4, even sometimes five of them at once. The Z plastic is way too durable and cannot be broken in like KC/DX plastic, so it takes forever, to get it to fly and finish straight. And there's a good chance you'll never get it to finish right (rhbh) without forcing it.

If you're looking for a cheap alternative to the $30+ Champion Roc, the Z-Wasp is a good place to start looking. But for everyday midrange shots that go left right straight and everywhere in between, a Wasp is not what you're looking for. That is where you'd have to add a Meteor, Breeze, Buzz, etc. to get the full spectrum. With three Rocs, you get all flight patterns with the same mold.
            Gwillim knows his shizz.

While there is some controversy as to how the Wasp came into existence, the truth is that the Buzzz is our version of the Roc. A good set of Buzzz in multiple plastics (or the same for that matter) will do the same for a Darkside pro as a set of Rocs for Innova guys.

Scott - as for not knowing what other companies do, all you need to do is ask. The information is out there, don't let that stop you from trying out new stuff. I think I'll start a "Ask Discraft Player" thread tonight for those who are interested in what d plastic does, and what the innova counterparts may be.
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Thing View Post
              I found an esp flx at 166, to replace the 167 I had gotten from discgolfcenter and donated to the ponds at Trojan. I much prefer the higher grade plastics, I hit way too many trees playing at Trojan and Lucky Mud to use lower grades. Thanks for checking for me, they have become much more avalible in the past year.
              I failed to mention it before, but they also have FLX Buzzzes down to 165g. ESPs are only in the 170s though.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                Great question. The difference for me is about 10 rating points

Drivers are tricky, cause Discraft doesnt have anything as fast as a Destroyer, XCal or Boss. The Force is the fastest disc for us, and most pros dont have any trouble keeping up with the Innova guys when it comes to distance on the course, but as far as a pure bomber goes, they dont fly as far as the Innova ones. Partly because they are STABLE. Discraft is working on a new high speed disc though, so everything will be balanced soon.

Dion
                Dion, you need to get your hands on an X Force. They are quite a bit more overstable than normal ones. You should love them.
                A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Sad thing about those X Forces is, they are only in a limited run. I'd switch in a second, but why would I want to fall in love with a disc that WILL be hard to get right away. I love X plastic, and would love an X Force, heck I waited until they came out with Z as ESP and I just don't get along. Naw, why get hooked on something that's not in normal production?
                  educate your thinking

Comment

A mixed bag would be the opposite of incestuous... Perverse maybe, incestuous no.

That being said, anyone who isn't sponsored who throws brands rather than discs is foolish at best.

If you end up with an all Discraft or Innova bag because those are the discs that you've found work best for you, then that is great.

If you throw all Discraft/Innova because you believe they are superior to other manufacturer's discs in general then you are just a fanboy who cares more about image than the game.
                    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                      A mixed bag would be the opposite of incestuous... Perverse maybe, incestuous no.
                      ahh...thank you for pointing out that discrepancy in the vocab...it was buggin' me as well...

and on topic...I'm about 60/40 Innova/Discraft...but all my discraft are the same disc(the good ol' eclipse) from brand new to old...I'm so boring when it comes to trying new things...but that's just cause I'm still inconsistent, I'd hate to add to that with new and unusual plastic.
                      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out - looks like one needs to balance one's bag!

You've got a point though, I've got an all innova bag that evolved from a mix with Surges and Crushes which were my go-to drivers for years...and I tried every putter and a bunch of mids over the years from a bunch of different vendors.

Now I think I'm going to leave the light on in the closet where I keep my bag - Innova is from South Carolina, y'know.

Just Sayin'

Originally posted by Parks View Post

That being said, anyone who isn't sponsored who throws brands rather than discs is foolish at best.

If you end up with an all Discraft or Innova bag because those are the discs that you've found work best for you, then that is great.

If you throw all Discraft/Innova because you believe they are superior to other manufacturer's discs in general then you are just a fanboy who cares more about image than the game.
                        Last edited by erp; August 24th, 2009, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Yeah, if you only carry one brand, everything ends up all inbred, and next thing you know you've got a bag full of mutant discs...
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

...mutant discs with low i.q.'s, webbed toes and tails...but they can fly!
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

NWDiscer's avatar is the perfect example.

This is what happens when you leave too many KC 7-12x discs in your bag and they multiply to create incest yokel Climos.
                              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

This is where dimpletech comes from...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X