X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    I have Discraft midranges, a mix of Innova and Discraft drivers, and a Lightning putter.
    lol I wouldnt go advertising that I had a lighting disc in my bag but thats just me
    PDGA # 31451
    2 Mini Aces
    74 Aces
    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
    DISC GOLF OR DIE
    BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

me I got a mix bag of innova and discraft I love the last years ace race it is bad ass
      PDGA # 31451
      2 Mini Aces
      74 Aces
      PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
      DISC GOLF OR DIE
      BOB CABAL
      DISCVANGO
      JEFF ELLIOT
      G-MAN
      JORDAN LEWIS
      JEFF HAGERTY
      JAMES GARCELON
      SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

99% Innova for me. Once in a while a Discraft disc will slip into the rotation. No particular reason for the loyalty, I just happen to be most familiar with Innova discs.

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
          Nice!

You threw mainly innova then got served some tainted papatarts. What are the main differences, if any, you have found since switching sides?
          Great question. The difference for me is about 10 rating points

Honestly, the plastic is a lot different (I think it is more durable) and Discraft has a better mid-range line up. I know the Roc is the Roc and it will forever reign as the midrange king, but beyond that, the supprting cast of midrange discs gets their butts kicked by the Buzzz and its supporting team.

Buzzz, Nebula (2008 ace race, not in production yet), Meteor are quite the team that I use.

Putters are putters and it comes down to preference. I use to putt with a low profile Classic Roc, but now I use a Challenger and putt better.

Drivers are tricky, cause Discraft doesnt have anything as fast as a Destroyer, XCal or Boss. The Force is the fastest disc for us, and most pros dont have any trouble keeping up with the Innova guys when it comes to distance on the course, but as far as a pure bomber goes, they dont fly as far as the Innova ones. Partly because they are STABLE. Discraft is working on a new high speed disc though, so everything will be balanced soon.

Innova doesnt have a Force, Predator, or Stalker
          Discraft doesnt have a speed 12/13, or Teebird

In reallity, a disc is a disc, and no matter what you throw it all depends on how you throw.

Dion
          Team DISCRAFT
          NW Sign Up
          Gorilla Boy
          Paragon Disc Golf
          Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
            Drivers are tricky, cause Discraft doesnt have anything as fast as a Destroyer, XCal or Boss. The Force is the fastest disc for us, and most pros dont have any trouble keeping up with the Innova guys when it comes to distance on the course, but as far as a pure bomber goes, they dont fly as far as the Innova ones. Partly because they are STABLE. Discraft is working on a new high speed disc though, so everything will be balanced soon.
            I have found that I can throw my Force a bit further than the Innova counterparts. I have much more confidence in an actual full power throw, which I don't feel comfortable with the Destroyer/Boss. The Xcal was close, but if I release it flat full power I can't depend on it. The Force may be a touch slower, but I can put so much more power on it that I can throw it easily 20-30' further than the Destroyer/Boss line-up. Also, I believe it glides considerably better.

Granted, my throwing style does not really coincide with the general populace. My longest recorded throw was with a Z-Predator at sea-level. But this is my experience, none-the-less.

Comment

Oh, and to answer the original question, I am about a 50/50 split between Innova and Discraft. I was all Discraft for about two years from 04-06, but started missing my Teebirds and Rocs, which Discraft has no real answer for. Just as Innova has no real answer for a Predator.

The Innova discs I use are Teebirds, Rocs, and Aviars. As for Discraft, I use the Surge SS, Predator, Force, Challenger and consider myself a Comet master, although it's been taking a break from my bag for the last year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by the stupid poll
                Other/ my bag has an incestuous mix of plastic and I am a sick pervert.
                Did you get the same PR firms who write Republican poll questions to design this one for you? It's a known tactic to suppress opinion and get the results you desire for later publication. The PR industry term is, "push poll."
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                  but started missing my Teebirds and Rocs, which Discraft has no real answer for.
                  I've heard several people say that the Wasp is Discraft's version of the Roc. I find it very similar, but don't throw hard enough/consistent enough to truly have an opinion on this. What do you think? Would love to hear Dion and Papa's opinion on this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                    Did you get the same PR firms who write Republican poll questions to design this one for you? It's a known tactic to suppress opinion and get the results you desire for later publication. The PR industry term is, "push poll."
                    And the non-knee jerk term for it is "joke"

Comment

I throw almost exclusively Innova. I do have a Buzz and a couple of Lightning discs, only one that makes a regular apperance in my bag, a #3 Flyer. This is not because of brand loyalty as much as it is because Innova and Lightning make discs that are light enough I can throw.

We searched long and hard for a Buzz that was in the mid 160s. Lightning makes great floating plastic in light weights, as a weak arm who's home course is Trojan this is a requirement.

I still have a hard time finding Innova in weights that work for me, there is very little in the 155 to 164 range by any disc company.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        I've heard several people say that the Wasp is Discraft's version of the Roc. I find it very similar, but don't throw hard enough/consistent enough to truly have an opinion on this. What do you think? Would love to hear Dion and Papa's opinion on this as well.
                        I think the X-Wasps from 2003-2004 were about as close as they got. If they were still making those, I would probably be throwing the Wasp for my primary mid. Still, those X-Wasps were too durable. The main problem with comparing the Wasp and the Roc is the issue of lifespan. The Roc is fantastic in ALL stages of it's life, which is why we carry 3, 4, even sometimes five of them at once. The Z plastic is way too durable and cannot be broken in like KC/DX plastic, so it takes forever, to get it to fly and finish straight. And there's a good chance you'll never get it to finish right (rhbh) without forcing it.

If you're looking for a cheap alternative to the $30+ Champion Roc, the Z-Wasp is a good place to start looking. But for everyday midrange shots that go left right straight and everywhere in between, a Wasp is not what you're looking for. That is where you'd have to add a Meteor, Breeze, Buzz, etc. to get the full spectrum. With three Rocs, you get all flight patterns with the same mold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Thing View Post
                          We searched long and hard for a Buzz that was in the mid 160s.
                          FYI, discgolfcenter.com has Z's down to 165g, X's down to 164g, and D's down to 160g... so they shouldn't be too hard to replace, if you need to.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Sort of but not quite. I say that the Z wasp is just like a BRAND new Roc, and it stays that way for a loooonnnng time. when i threw rocs, i wanted one that would just stay overstable for me instead of gettitng beat in and turning over. now i throw a esp wasp(cause i lost my z wasp) and it always flies overstable, no matter how hard i throw it. if you want a disc that ALWAYS flies like a new roc, the wasp is it.
                            Team HOSER:dancing:
                            Team OLY:cheerleader:
                            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

You don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud over Pier Park do you?

I was (and am...) kidding - I wanted to see what the ratio of brand loyalists was to mixed bag type ladies and gentlemen who play the game...I don't think it has suppressed much as that is the second most selected option, meaning that disc golfers are either open minded regarding the manufacturer of the disc and favor function instead, or ~42% of the people we play with really are sick, incestuous perverts.

Might need another poll for that one though...

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                              Last edited by erp; August 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM. Reason: changed that to what so it makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                                FYI, discgolfcenter.com has Z's down to 165g, X's down to 164g, and D's down to 160g... so they shouldn't be too hard to replace, if you need to.
                                I found an esp flx at 166, to replace the 167 I had gotten from discgolfcenter and donated to the ponds at Trojan. I much prefer the higher grade plastics, I hit way too many trees playing at Trojan and Lucky Mud to use lower grades. Thanks for checking for me, they have become much more avalible in the past year.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X