X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAM TODD comes back to play DG!

I recently was told of the Cam Todd story and he is playing this weekend in NC, am sure most of those who were playing dg from 97-2004 know who he was and surprised by his "retirement". He's in 3rd behind wiggins jr and schwerberger...

Cam Todd finishes 2nd! Will he come back to the world of Disc Golf?
    And Crist Garcia's scores should be sent to PDGA for Major sandbagging violations lol... a 1041 rated round for a 914 rated player, too cool...

Comment

Sadly, Crist's round might be out of his allowable range... I hope mine's not.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Sadly, Crist's round might be out of his allowable range... I hope mine's not.
        I don't think so. I think only rounds that are way below your current rating are not allowed. The sky is the limit for rounds above your rating.

Comment

Are you sure? I thought there was a window on both sides.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Cam Todd! Hope I can see that guy play in person.

Crist round will count, the window is only on the low side
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

Pretty sick.

He's supposedly the best putter out there, or at least he was.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                Pretty sick.

He's supposedly the best putter out there, or at least he was.

Yeah he is pretty good putting a ball as well from what I hear. He also can have a temper that is just below the surface, not sure if disc golf needs another one of those!
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                  Yeah he is pretty good putting a ball as well from what I hear. He also can have a temper that is just below the surface, not sure if disc golf needs another one of those!

If any of you saw me in my day you know i had a bit of a temper. Cam always seemed like a cool dude off the course but holy s*** when he was playing.... Who saw him at Steilly the year he missed a putt and screamed at the gallery " what do you guys want, did you all come here to watch me lose?!?!?!?!?" or something along those lines...
                  Last edited by Scott; August 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM. Reason: removed profanity

Comment

Let's see if anything surfaces from the tournament last weekend and if he is back for real... Yeah I heard from several people out of state that his game was just sick to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                      No sport needs another one of those. And yet the top levels of sports, especially non-team sports, are often occupied by many people consumed by their drive to win.

All you can do is stroke them, disqualify them from events, or whatever and hope they learn from their well-mannered peers.

That being said, he could be coming back because he is a lot more composed and better at handling the stress now. Give him the benefit of the doubt until you see something worth commenting on.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                        No sport needs another one of those. And yet the top levels of sports, especially non-team sports, are often occupied by many people consumed by their drive to win.

All you can do is stroke them, disqualify them from events, or whatever and hope they learn from their well-mannered peers.

That being said, he could be coming back because he is a lot more composed and better at handling the stress now. Give him the benefit of the doubt until you see something worth commenting on.
                        You make a good point but its hard to look past experience. In this case I hope Cam is back for good as he was a very dynamic player and intriguing enough for most.
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

Comment

I'm told he was a gentleman throughout the event, supportive to young Wiggy, Jr., and otherwise just fine to be around. That's what I've been told, at least.

Joe
                          Joe Wander
                          Producer and Editor
                          Disc Golf Live video magazine
                          www.discgolflive.com
                          Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time

Comment

Cameron Todd has registered for the USDGC taking advantage of his World Champion Exemption
                            USDGC Registered Players
                            PDGA #25296
                            Stumptown #34

Comment

wow... he's back!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X