X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    "Saw" Andy Robinson ace #9 at Leverich Park today. The quotes are because it was a blind ace that was heard by a few but seen by none. Was part of a course record (I think) -6. Hot shooting, Andy!
    Thanks Sam! Good times yesterday.

For those that weren't there, this was my first ace. The hole was dogleg right with the creek running along the left side and back of the dogleg. I threw a 172 CFR Destroyer forehand just inside the mando on the right and the disc disappeared. When I threw it, I thought it a good shot and I would be putting for two. It was at least a full 2 second after the disc went around the corner that we heard the chains. It must have had a huge skip. After everyone threw Sam made a B-Line for the parking lot to get a good look around the corner and sure enough, it was sitting in the basket .

Comment

Got my first ace today. Finally! Hole 6 at Horning's - the original course, not the new one. WoooHoooo!

Comment

Yay! Congratulations Shawn. I'm glad I'm on your team

Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
        Got my first ace today. Finally! Hole 6 at Horning's - the original course, not the new one. WoooHoooo!

Comment

Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Right on Shawn you ROCK!!!!!

Cindy

Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

Thanks, you guys! It was a thing of beauty - went straight out around the tress, and faded beautifully right into the basket. I almost peed my pants I was so excited. Haha!! Couldn't play for shit the rest of the round, I had so much adrenaline going. Now I wanna do it again.

Comment

And I forgot to mention the best part: when I paid our fee in the morning, Ma Horning said "Now, make sure if you get a hole in one you come and tell us about it". I laughed and told her the whole world would know if I got one. A few hours later I went up to the house to tell her she gave me some great mojo and I got my first one. Haha!! Got my name on the board. Yay!

Comment

And I forgot to mention the best part: when I paid our fee in the morning, Ma Horning said "Now, make sure if you get a hole in one you come and tell us about it". I laughed and told her the whole world would know if I got one. A few hours later I went up to the house to tell her she gave me some great mojo and I got my first one. Haha!! Got my name on the board. Yay!

Wish I hadn't of had to go home and could have been there for that. You ROCK!

Bob

Comment

Some weeks back, Lucky Mud's hole 1 gave up its first ace. I happen to know it was a virgin who aced it. Now I'm wondering why he never calls (or golfs here) anymore. Yes, it was some ace, but did he respect us in the morning?

ZB, please call home.
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Ugh. I know...

Sorry.

Back-to-back wild Saturday nights/early Sunday mornings have kept us from rolling your direction. And, truth be told, I did mean to call, but my mind ended up in a purple haze both times, and I didn't remember until the wee hours of the morning. My bad.

However, I have this Friday off, and I am thinking of heading out there. I will keep you posted. I also have a gift for you (from the 'Nation, more or less), so don't let me forget that.
                      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Friday, Bob the Tree Guy is coming to fall some trees and take down the rotten leaning alder from behind my woodshed.

I've been laid up lately (back went out). Just starting to learn to disc golf again. Good time to take advantage.

Aces? Good word to stay on topic with, don't you think?

Comment

Oh, and I need those quad shocks.

Comment

Ace.
                            Ace.
                            Ace.

The quad shocks are what the gift was, sir. Now get back on topic!

Ace.
                            Ace.
                            Ace.
                            TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

#32 YaY

Today I hit my 32nd ace at R.W. Hole 5 skip hyzer with a midrange .It was the ace race disc second ace on that disc now brody miller was there to witness the ace alan was there and he said there it is when it came out my hand. Im so happy
                              Last edited by chris7graham; December 11th, 2008, 05:25 PM.
                              PDGA # 31451
                              2 Mini Aces
                              74 Aces
                              PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                              DISC GOLF OR DIE
                              BOB CABAL
                              DISCVANGO
                              JEFF ELLIOT
                              G-MAN
                              JORDAN LEWIS
                              JEFF HAGERTY
                              JAMES GARCELON
                              SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
                                Today I hit my 32nd ace at R.W. Hole 5 skip hyzer with a midrange .It was the ace race disc second ace on that disc now brody miller was there to witness the ace alan was there and he said there it is when it came out my hand. Im so happy
                                Way to go man! You are going to start becoming like that dude who has hundreds of aces on his home course. I can not remember what his name is, but he has a ton of aces. You are sneaking up on him.
                                Training to be a bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X