X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    The fact is, I threw my first shot from hole six and the disc hit the yellow part of the pole designed for a hole out, it's an ace. The only person who decides if it counts is me, it's not my fault there are no baskets at that course (yet?). Why all the hate?
    It's closer to pity, isn't it? I mean, nice throw, but if you're going to come on line and talk up an 80 ft ace, you've got to expect a little guff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
      It's closer to pity, isn't it? I mean, nice throw, but if you're going to come on line and talk up an 80 ft ace, you've got to expect a little guff.
      To be fair, he said the pole ace was 160'.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It was 160 feet, do you not have any comprehension for what you read?

Is this what this place has become, we can't even be happy for someone who did something cool? This is the second time I've posted on this thread that I hit an ace, and both times people gotta give me hell. Just say nicely done and move on.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Nicely done.
          Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
            I'm going to go watch the Slosh. Taking the lost and found with me, so if you have a friend there, get them to ask me for your discs.
            It turns out, I wasn't going to the Slosh, unless I wanted to camp there for a week. Three hours on the road for nuthin.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Is this what this place has become, we can't even be happy for someone who did something cool? This is the second time I've posted on this thread that I hit an ace, and both times people gotta give me hell. Just say nicely done and move on.
              nicely done....and now on to the weather

Comment

• Don't worry tom, toby's just jealous because he has to throw left armded. Ace is an ace is an ace. Nice 1 sir.
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

"Actually the Snohomish aces were around 80 feet, the pole ace was about 160. Any time I play a designed hole and it's the first throw it's an ace, I don't care how short. I've been over this before."

Sorry I didn't clarify which of your aces I was referring to. How's your comprehension? Point was that if you want to brag on the internet about 80 foot aces or other hits some people don't consider aces you can expect a little guff, and you don't have to be a drama queen and call it "hate". You're getting razzed, not being hated.

For the record, I consider them by definition to be aces. So GOOD JOB BUDDY!

Comment

• Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                    Don't worry tom, toby's just jealous because he has to throw left armded. Ace is an ace is an ace. Nice 1 sir.
                    You've got a point there Chris, just not a good one... I guess it's all about perspective... I'd venture to guess that 8-9/10 disc golfers that I know would say it doesn't count as a 'career hole-in-one' if it's not on a basket. I've played Urban and Woodland Park quite a bit, and nobody that ever got a 1 at either of those courses counted them as aces in their running total. I've had an ace or two at each, and some questionable ones at both courses... but they don't count anyway, in my book... it's just not the same, or as difficult... maybe there should be a distinction between 'aces' and 'holes-in-one'... and I like the sound of hole-in-ones better, but I think it's actually holes-in-one..
                    Sticking in a basket is much more difficult than deflecting off of something... object courses often have many dinky holes that are super easy to reach... object aces are often controversial, or too difficult to confirm... and lastly, umm... lost my train of thought, oh yeah, they just aren't as cool as a "REAL ACE".

Tom, you know I'm just dragging this out to get your goat... no bringing your gun to the course tomorrow ok? OK, OK, whatever you say...it's an ace... it's an ace!!
                    Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; March 13th, 2010, 04:08 PM.
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

• This is for my friend Clint Burnham. Skip-ace hole 11 red White River, Auburn, WA. 169 star wraith. Now we bolth have each others signatures on an ace on the same hole!! Bolth are white plastic too.

Comment

you don't have to be a drama queen
                        I can tell you don't know me very well...
                        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4364
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

• It was a good weekend. I got my first ace of the year! It was hole 7 out at Adair during the first round of doubles. It was a sweet line and a very clean air shot the whole way. Thank you Bendy for giving me the most awesome disc in my bag! A Champion Wraith
                            Last edited by T-what?; March 28th, 2010, 09:44 PM. Reason: wanted to throw in the word "clean"

Comment

• Last Wednesday . . . I aced hole #2 at Riverfront DGC, one of the least aced holes on the course. I know of 3 others, but mine is the only to go in without a skip, so I've been told

Everybody I try and tell about it, has already heard . . . so I decided to post it on here! haha

-Derek

Comment

• I just got done playing glow golf at North Park and had two aces in one round... #2 and #9...
                                The ace on 9 was a roller that skipped in off of a root.

APRIL FOOLS!!!
                                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X