X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    Actually the Snohomish aces were around 80 feet, the pole ace was about 160.
    Hey, then my second shot on #3 at Pier was an ace too!
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Actually the Snohomish aces were around 80 feet, the pole ace was about 160. Any time I play a designed hole and it's the first throw it's an ace, I don't care how short. I've been over this before.

I vaguely remember the discussion about your nice chips, and we'll go ahead and count those... but I am of the mind that no object, tone pole, or tree aces count toward a player's 'ace total'. Do you count it as an ace when you slide up against the pole or rim out? Don't answer that.
      This is just one man's opinion of course, so don't let me ruin it for you... at least not completely.
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

• Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
        Skip aces don't count unless you are a teacher in the Mukilteo School District. John is lucky.....Good job Teach!
        Word! My other nine were in the air though...
        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
          I am of the mind that no object, tone pole, or tree aces count toward a player's 'ace total'. Do you count it as an ace when you slide up against the pole or rim out?
          That's a good point. I've had plenty of nice shots hit the basket, sometimes hard (had one nice tomahawk fall straight down on the middle and bounce off), and on a tone pole course those would be "aces." But I sure don't count them.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• If skip aces don't count, rollers don't count!

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA
            Skip aces don't count unless you are a teacher in the Mukilteo School District. John is lucky.....Good job Teach!

Comment

• The fact is, I threw my first shot from hole six and the disc hit the yellow part of the pole designed for a hole out, it's an ace. The only person who decides if it counts is me, it's not my fault there are no baskets at that course (yet?). Why all the hate?
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• It's an ace. You can put in on a scorecard as a one.
                Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

The fact is, I threw my first shot from hole six and the disc hit the yellow part of the pole designed for a hole out, it's an ace. The only person who decides if it counts is me, it's not my fault there are no baskets at that course (yet?). Why all the hate?
                  Ace!

Bob

Comment

• Still doesn't officially count in my book.

Comment

• Slept on it... still not an ace.

Comment

• Until the PDGA or some other governing body comes out with qualifications for hitting an ace it counts. Like I said the only person who decides if it is or isn't is me.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Ace:

8.Golf.
                          a.Also called hole in one. a shot in which the ball is driven from the tee into the hole in one stroke: He hit a 225-yard ace on the first hole.
                          b.a score of one stroke made on such a shot: to card an ace.

So in disc golf, if it's your first throw, and you can put it on your scorecard as a 1 (even if you're not keeping score), it's an ace.
                          Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

• Yep, thanks Runnaman.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                              Hey, then my second shot on #3 at Pier was an ace too!
                              NO because you didn't hole out in one throw, it was your second throw.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• I count two aces. I got an object hole ace and a tone pole ace, but I don't include these. I also don't count my two black aces in my total.

I'm going to go watch the Slosh. Taking the lost and found with me, so if you have a friend there, get them to ask me for your discs.
                                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X