X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow!!

Jessie Z. Aced hole 13 at Sorosis to win $312 at doubles tonight!!

Comment

• "the" first skyline ace!

I was on the third tee with Dan, Kris, and new local hukker, Josh. Three is a big drop, wide open shot. I threw a nearly new 161 DX Wraith well off to the right into a slight headwind. It caught pretty good lift, like a Wraith will, but still kept a very slight down angled glide. It was still quite high above the ground when the fade took over and it pitched left and pretty much just dove right into the center of the basket. Dan said, "first Skyline ace."

"Yeah, it is," I said. It took him a minute or so to get it through my head that it was "THE" FIRST SKYLINE ACE!

It's only Ol' Bob's second ace during a round (at least when it's into the right basket).

I have to admit it's nice, after taking the Ace Race tie with that penalty kick.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• Yay, Bob!!! Nice work! I loves me some Skyline, and that's a fun hole! Congratulations!

Comment

• Well thank you, Susie.

BTW, have you gone the next 13 road miles past Skyline to play at Lucky Mud yet? It's just six miles due north of Skyline, as the Crow (or Buzzz) flies. I know you've been that close.

Comment

• I prefer the Cro (ca-CAW).

I've been to Skyline twice, and didn't realize we were so close to the Mud until much later. Bums me out, as Lucky Mud is at the top of my list of courses I've not yet played and need to. Hopefully I'll be able to remedy that some day soon.

Comment

• I guess you can see I don't have a Cro. I always thought I'd get my ace at Skyline on 11 or 15 with my FLX Buzzzes. Hard to believe those holes haven't been nailed yet.

I wuz just messin with the satellite pix of Mud at Weather Underground to see what the course looks like from there. http://www.wunderground.com/wunderma...mokawa%2c%20WA Not very clear and about three years old, and the pic of Skyline hasn't even got the new club house on it.
              Last edited by Ol' Bob; October 8th, 2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                I was on the third tee with Dan, Kris, and new local hukker, Josh. Three is a big drop, wide open shot. I threw a nearly new 161 DX Wraith well off to the right into a slight headwind. It caught pretty good lift, like a Wraith will, but still kept a very slight down angled glide. It was still quite high above the ground when the fade took over and it pitched left and pretty much just dove right into the center of the basket. Dan said, "first Skyline ace."
                What a Great Ace, Bob! I was yelling from the teepad the whole time! "Ace it Bob! Ace it bob!" ...So Ironic that Dan nailed that basket again for an Ace at the Skyline Challenge yesterday! That would put me next in the Skyline Ace line, wouldn't it? I sure hope so!
                sigpic

Comment

• Got an ace on #4 during a warmup round on the Highland Course at Horning's Hideout. It's nothing to write home about, but it was a small highlight in an otherwise very forgettable day of disc golf.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• Got the original coffin hole pad at lakewood(hole 7, we played it as 11) with a 177 skip kc pro roc.
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

• Got my 5th ace yeterday at mossy roc. Hole 17 the stump hole with a 180 glow roc.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                        Got the original coffin hole pad at lakewood(hole 7, we played it as 11) with a 177 skip kc pro roc.
                        During the matchplay tourney too! - pretty sure Mike won that hole...
                        'Weekend 4 Women':
                        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

• Eric got his 6th ace on Sunday. Hole #2 at North Bonneville. Threw a Star Destroyer forehand, it went low, he yelled at it to skip in and it listened.

Comment

• was gonna start an "almost ace" thread but what the hey, i'll abuse this one... was about a foot off the chains on short pin on hole 25 at DeLa on sunday, had 5 guys standing by the basket and they came out from behind the tree freaking out, said omg that would have been the coolest blind ace, with the stalker ofc...

Comment

• i watch my buddy(jake whinhorn) out at steli yesterday ace ALT 4 with a kc pro roc... it cost me a buck(that i did sign) but it was great to watch his face when it hit him that he did in fact get his first ace..

once again ...great shot and nice ace jake

Comment

• Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                                was gonna start an "almost ace" thread but what the hey, i'll abuse this one... was about a foot off the chains on short pin on hole 25 at DeLa on sunday, had 5 guys standing by the basket and they came out from behind the tree freaking out, said omg that would have been the coolest blind ace, with the stalker ofc...
                                i smashed chain on alt 14 at ft.steli with a classic roc. to bad it hit the weak side and droped out

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X