X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    Better looking SAM!?!?! Did you get a haircut?

He must have meant on average.

Comment

• I doubt anyone would want me for a partner because I've only one ace in over seven years. On top of that, if my partner nailed one, I'd figure it was his ace pot. Looks like each doubles league should write it in their rules and hand printouts to all players.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• Playing Champoeg today with Girlbot and Keys. Sitting on the bench at hole 1 after the round a group of a couple of casuals and their young children come up and tee off. The second adult to throw walks up and throws and accidental spike hyzer. SMASH!!!!! Black ace on hole 15! We all went crazy, it was pretty awesome. Keys explained to him the meaning of "black ace" and his response to us was, "That was the very first time I have ever thrown a disc!". First time throwing a disc and he black aces. I don't know if that's a good omen or a bad one.

Less than 5 minutes later a guy in a different group throws a thumber from hole 4 and bounces it in for ace...on hole four's basket.

Pretty odd chain of events. Definitely fun to witness.

Comment

• I don't think Shawn Landry uses the forum, so I'll post for him:

Today during the second round of the Jet Wash Open, Shawn aced hole 11... yes, that's SeaTac hole 11!!!! One of his groupmates was lucky enough to be spotting, and he saw the whole thing: Shawn's forehand goes high through the gap, turning left, makes a perfect S, and the rest is history -- history which is not likely to repeat itself anytime soon.

Acing any hole at Seatac puts you in very distinguished company, but the fact that it was hole 11 is flat out amazing. (To give a little context for those not familiar with the course, I believe everyone else in Shawn's Advanced group took a 4 on that same hole... as did I, both rounds. )
          anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

• I get to witness my man's very first ACE! It was at Tom Pearce Park in Grants Pass, hole 6 from short tee. Howard threw 175 g DX Wraith first time, and it flew passing many trees then the disc bounced off the dirt into the basket! We couldnt tell if it went in as we can't hear at all, then after my couple throws to basket, and we saw his disc inside the basket. It was awesome!
            PDGA 38506
            ODDGA 27
            DDGA 176
            2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
              I get to witness my man's very first ACE! It was at Tom Pearce Park in Grants Pass, hole 6 from short tee. Howard threw 175 g DX Wraith first time, and it flew passing many trees then the disc bounced off the dirt into the basket! We couldnt tell if it went in as we can't hear at all, then after my couple throws to basket, and we saw his disc inside the basket. It was awesome!

Good job, Howard!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                That's awesome. Boy, when you heat up you really get Hot! you went on a little ace roll a while back, didn't you? I predict a few more for you in the next few days.
                you were right scott hit my 39th ace today hole 5 at vance with the last years ace race disc, it now has 4 aces on it
                Last edited by chris7graham; August 17th, 2009, 09:55 PM.
                PDGA # 31451
                2 Mini Aces
                74 Aces
                PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                DISC GOLF OR DIE
                BOB CABAL
                DISCVANGO
                JEFF ELLIOT
                G-MAN
                JORDAN LEWIS
                JEFF HAGERTY
                JAMES GARCELON
                SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by killa View Post
                  I don't think Shawn Landry uses the forum, so I'll post for him:

Today during the second round of the Jet Wash Open, Shawn aced hole 11... yes, that's SeaTac hole 11!!!! One of his groupmates was lucky enough to be spotting, and he saw the whole thing: Shawn's forehand goes high through the gap, turning left, makes a perfect S, and the rest is history -- history which is not likely to repeat itself anytime soon.

Acing any hole at Seatac puts you in very distinguished company, but the fact that it was hole 11 is flat out amazing. (To give a little context for those not familiar with the course, I believe everyone else in Shawn's Advanced group took a 4 on that same hole... as did I, both rounds. )
                  Hole 11 has been named, "the landry." Ridiculous ace, well done!
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

• Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                    Hole 11 has been named, "the landry." Ridiculous ace, well done!
                    i think the entire tournament agreed!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                      I aced Adair hole 4 last weekend... does that count
                      How does one even ace that hole? Is there another position besides the one I saw at the Willamette Open Qualifier all tucked in?

Comment

• Pretty odd chain of events. Definitely fun to witness.[/QUOTE]

Nice pun, Ryan.

Comment

• PS THAT IS 4 ACES IN 3 WEEKS OMFG EUGENE HERE I COME
                          PDGA # 31451
                          2 Mini Aces
                          74 Aces
                          PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                          DISC GOLF OR DIE
                          BOB CABAL
                          DISCVANGO
                          JEFF ELLIOT
                          G-MAN
                          JORDAN LEWIS
                          JEFF HAGERTY
                          JAMES GARCELON
                          SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

• I aced Hole 9 at Whistler's this weekend in the first round of the tournament. Nebula (2008 Ace Race Disc) on a low hyzer that flattened out, skipped over the small bush about 25 away and hit square in the chains. Glad that metal thing got in the way, otherwise it may have gone over the edge

My second tournament ace at Whistlers (2007 GNO Hole #2) and my fourth tournament ace overall.
                            Team DISCRAFT
                            NW Sign Up
                            Gorilla Boy
                            Paragon Disc Golf
                            Odwalla

Comment

• I aced hole 2 and hole 8 at Leverich. Oddly, I used a firebird for the shorter hole and an Aviar for the longer hole. Not like the aces themselves were all that impressive -- just short little guys -- but that was my first two-fer in one day. Gwillim is worried that I drained my luck before the tournament this weekend. That's why I'll have to build some Karma by helping set up the morning of.

Comment

• The ace pot tomorrow night at Terrace Creek (Mountlake Terrace) will be up over $900... it is random draw doubles--
                                I believe the etiquette changes a bit for random draw dubs-- in BYOP tourneys I would always split aces-- or agree to a 60/40 split or whatever... but in random flip/draw scenarios, a number of things could happen...I always confirm with my partner prior to starting the round as to how we would split the ace pot-- I think this should always be done because not everyone adheres to the 50-50 split. I would never expect an even share of the ace pot if we failed to discuss it beforehand.

60-40 and 70-30 seem to be agreed upon quite often... last week Aaron H. and I decided (before cards were drawn) to give each other $200 if either one of us got the ace... I let my dubs partner know this before the round, and then we agreed that $150 would go to the non-acing partner.
                                Perhaps it's my partners' first time playing any type of organized event and his chances of getting an ace are exponentially lower than mine. I would be less inclined to agree on a 50-50 split in this case, and might suggest an 80/20 split...
                                I have hit two ace pots in the past, both at Lakewood... #18 for $245 or so, and old #10 in the short for $26... if there is no deal made before the round, I don't think it should necessarily be split 50-50... we hadn't determined a split on the $245 ace pot, and my partner was pleasantly surprised when I handed him $85 or so at the end... did that mean that I'd have gotten less had he aced?
                                Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; August 18th, 2009, 03:06 AM. Reason: Disclaimer-- I'm at work <someboby is paying me by the hour for these profound deliberations at 4 a.m.>
                                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X