X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
    I don't think splitting ace pots with doubles partners is as common in Washington as it is down here. At the doubles I played up there last year (Terrace, Northpark, and Lakewood) there were some people that made an agreement to split the pot before the round, but for the most part the aces seemed to go to the person who got the ace. The people I talked to were quite suprised that anyone would willingly split the pot.
    you are right. there are a few that make an agreement before the round starts that they will split the ace pot if one of them makes it, but not everybody. i am one of those people that dont split the ace pot. if a person hits an ace they get the money, both people arent throwing the disc at the same time so why split the money? even if the first person lays up so the other can run it that is their choice to lay up. they could go for the ace instead of laying up. this is not a team sport and i really enjoy the fact that i dont count on anybody else for my success or failures while playing. it is an individual sport and a ace is an individual accomplishment.
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
      you are right. there are a few that make an agreement before the round starts that they will split the ace pot if one of them makes it, but not everybody. i am one of those people that dont split the ace pot. if a person hits an ace they get the money, both people arent throwing the disc at the same time so why split the money? even if the first person lays up so the other can run it that is their choice to lay up. they could go for the ace instead of laying up. this is not a team sport and i really enjoy the fact that i dont count on anybody else for my success or failures while playing. it is an individual sport and a ace is an individual accomplishment.
      It is not an individual sport when you are playing doubles. It is a team sport.

Most of the doubles events down have a very friendly and fun atmosphere. Sharing the ace pot just feels like the right thing to do.

Comment

even if the first person lays up so the other can run it that is their choice to lay up. they could go for the ace instead of laying up. this is not a team sport and i really enjoy the fact that i dont count on anybody else for my success or failures while playing. it is an individual sport and a ace is an individual accomplishment.
        You don't sound like a very fun doubles partner.
        Current World Rank: 2857th
        Lowest Rated Round: 777
        Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
        Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
        Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
        Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
        Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
        Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

• Originally posted by keys View Post
          You don't sound like a very fun doubles partner.
          You were more blunt than I was.

Comment

• Poll

Comment

• Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
              so you got 131.00 dollars nice bet your partner was happy too huh nice i just got one to at dabney doubles
              My partner was a very good friend of mine so we were splitting it but once I hit it he only wanted $100 and I got $161. It was a nice payout for us both.
              A par is not a bogey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                My partner was a very good friend of mine so we were splitting it but once I hit it he only wanted $100 and I got $161. It was a nice payout for us both.
                A very fair compromise for the larger ace pots.

Comment

this is not a team sport and i really enjoy the fact that i dont count on anybody else for my success or failures while playing. it is an individual sport and a ace is an individual accomplishment.
                  You've actually played doubles, right? And you don't think that that is a team sport?

I hope we never get partnered up. I would have to give you half of my ace money out of it being the right thing to do. And it doesn't sound to me like you would deserve it.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    You've actually played doubles, right? And you don't think that that is a team sport?

I hope we never get partnered up. I would have to give you half of my ace money out of it being the right thing to do. And it doesn't sound to me like you would deserve it.
                    Sam, i am not against being partnered with anybody. if it comes up about spliting the ace pot if my partner or i hit an ace, i tell them up front that i dont split the ace pot and i will not accept half if my partner hits the ace pot. you are quite right that i would not deserve half if we were partnered up and you hit an ace, mostly because it was your ace not mine.

Keys, I am a very fun person to be partnered with. the ace pot doesnt have anything to do with how fun i can be as a partner. we have our doubles today so LETS GO ACEPOT!!!! WHOOOOHOOOO!

i would say that it would be very interesting to be partnered up with Sam, i know that we have had some disagreements here on the forum but i would like to see how we get along in person.
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• I am sure we would get along fine in person. I would still be uber pissed off if you were my doubles' partner (you know... partner as in part of the team) and you got an ace and didn't split it with me. Honestly, I would probably walk off at that point and either have our team disqualified or let you finish the round in your individual sport.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• I don't think splitting an ace pot is a written rule. It is however widely assumed and a nice gesture, but not a rule. If you expect half of your partners ace, you'd better have had a pre-nupt! I only wish I would get another ace to have the opportunity to split it!
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          Consider this: Player 1 parks his drive. Player 2 knows they have an easy birdie so he runs at the basket (a riskier shot) and gets an ace. Isn't it unfair that player 1 didn't get a similar opportunity?
                          I agree. I will always split an ACE pot with my partner even if there isn't an agreement before hand. I've given my partner $90 before and received $100 from my partner before. What goes around, comes around.

Comment

• Down here, it is a fairly widely-respected unwritten rule.

Maybe we are just kinder down here. And smarter. And better looking.
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I am sure we would get along fine in person. I would still be uber pissed off if you were my doubles' partner (you know... partner as in part of the team) and you got an ace and didn't split it with me. Honestly, I would probably walk off at that point and either have our team disqualified or let you finish the round in your individual sport.
                              Better then that - take super aggressive shots at aces and put the pressure on your partner to get all of the birdies (it is, after all, an individual sport). Best case scenario - you get an ace as well and your partner has to split the pot anyway.

Comment

Down here, it is a fairly widely-respected unwritten rule.

Maybe we are just kinder down here. And smarter. And better looking.
                                Better looking SAM!?!?! Did you get a haircut?
                                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X