ACES Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
    Ok where to start....hmm thursday night dabney doubles ace pot was at 259.00 and im on hole 12 throw my champion classic Roc hyzer it hit the tree and went in woooohoooo.Then today went to vance and hit ace on 6 hyzer bomb eagle stuck in the side of the basket then what should happen i hit hole 8 too for 2 aces in one round and 3 aces in the last 2 days OMFG

    Comment


    • Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
      ...ace pot was at 259.00...hit the tree and went in...
      Better buy a bag of compost for that tree and bring it a bucket of water on a hot day.
      Last edited by Ol' Bob; August 10th, 2009, 07:56 AM.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        Better buy a bag of compost for that tree and bring it a bucket of water on a hot day.
        LMAO dam I should at least kissed the tree and tell it I love it
        PDGA # 31451
        2 Mini Aces
        74 Aces
        PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
        DISC GOLF OR DIE
        BOB CABAL
        DISCVANGO
        JEFF ELLIOT
        G-MAN
        JORDAN LEWIS
        JEFF HAGERTY
        JAMES GARCELON
        SAM GIBSON

        And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

        George Carlin

        Comment


        • Hit my 2nd career ace yesterday - #12 at Dabney with a Champ Spider.

          Comment


          • Congratulations - nice work, Okie! I hit that one earlier this year too...

            Originally posted by OkieinOR View Post
            Hit my 2nd career ace yesterday - #12 at Dabney with a Champ Spider.

            Comment


            • I got #1 at Bryant right before the start of the 4th round of the Calapooia Classic. I threw a star boss up high out over the OB and it came back in and hit about 10' right and skipped in. My first 400' ace, and probably one of my top 3 coolest aces, maybe even #1. Too bad it was a practice shot.
              Nate
              Innova Champion Discs
              Discmania
              huk lab
              Keen Footwear
              Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
              Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
              Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

              Comment


              • Today during the weekly doubles tournament at Dalaiwood, I hit my 8th ace on the 18th hole. Its a big 300 ft shot uphill. It was in its longer position (B) and i believe I am one of very few to get it. The ace pot was getting high so it was a $261 ace for me. I was very excited along with everyone in my group.
                A par is not a bogey.

                Comment


                • My back has been killing me for the last few days so when I went to Tuesday Twos last night I didn't know if I was going to play or just caddy for Matthew. I went to hole one to see what driving a disc felt like - it felt pretty good. Jammed my star destroyer into the side of the cage. Even though it was a practice throw it was my very first throw of the night. (Should have been my last, too. As it turns out, it was my only memorable drive of the evening).

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                    Today during the weekly doubles tournament at Dalaiwood, I hit my 8th ace on the 18th hole. Its a big 300 ft shot uphill. It was in its longer position (B) and i believe I am one of very few to get it. The ace pot was getting high so it was a $261 ace for me. I was very excited along with everyone in my group.
                    so you got 131.00 dollars nice bet your partner was happy too huh nice i just got one to at dabney doubles
                    PDGA # 31451
                    2 Mini Aces
                    74 Aces
                    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                    DISC GOLF OR DIE
                    BOB CABAL
                    DISCVANGO
                    JEFF ELLIOT
                    G-MAN
                    JORDAN LEWIS
                    JEFF HAGERTY
                    JAMES GARCELON
                    SAM GIBSON

                    And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

                    George Carlin

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
                      so you got 131.00 dollars nice bet your partner was happy too huh nice i just got one to at dabney doubles
                      I don't think splitting ace pots with doubles partners is as common in Washington as it is down here. At the doubles I played up there last year (Terrace, Northpark, and Lakewood) there were some people that made an agreement to split the pot before the round, but for the most part the aces seemed to go to the person who got the ace. The people I talked to were quite suprised that anyone would willingly split the pot.

                      Comment


                      • It does seem like there should be something for having that "best shot." If I were doing a doubles thing with an ace pot, I'd expect the pot to belong to the one who did it. "Ace" is a singular word, is it not? Maybe I'd agree to splitting in a case where both partners aced in a single meeting, so the second partner didn't receive the emptied pot.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                          It does seem like there should be something for having that "best shot." If I were doing a doubles thing with an ace pot, I'd expect the pot to belong to the one who did it. "Ace" is a singular word, is it not? Maybe I'd agree to splitting in a case where both partners aced in a single meeting, so the second partner didn't receive the emptied pot.
                          Consider this: Player 1 parks his drive. Player 2 knows they have an easy birdie so he runs at the basket (a riskier shot) and gets an ace. Isn't it unfair that player 1 didn't get a similar opportunity?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Even though it was a practice throw it was my very first throw of the night. (Should have been my last, too. As it turns out, it was my only memorable drive of the evening).
                            Oddly enough, I warmed up with Larson on hole 1 before the tournament and aced it with a challenger. It too, was my only memorable drive of the night.

                            Comment


                            • Watched Tim Price ace hole #4 on the east side at Rooster Rock last night. He bounced in a thumber. I spotted for him on the next hole and he just missed a second ace by inches. Nice work Tim!
                              Last edited by Pizzel; August 12th, 2009, 11:56 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Thanks Pinkal! It has been way too long since my last one.

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X