X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by overstable, underthrown View Post
    Speaking of skip aces, I was up for the Midsummer Glide on Hoodoo this weekend. I did not score very well all weekend, but on the last round Sunday, playing Hayrick Elevator, I aced hole #11 with a champ wraith. The hole played slight downhill 350 ft. with a hill to the left...basket partway up the hill, making for a pretty open hyzer line. I threw straight at the basket, too low to go in, but was thinking it would park for an easy birdie. Instead, it skipped up from about 20 ft. in front and "hopped" into the basket!
    Thats awesome Luke!

My shot went slightly differently... I spiked it next to the basket... and it rolled all the way down the hill and across the road.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Got my 16th ace as part of a course record -10 at Greenway today! Aced hole 2 with a champion firebird. And the best part is, I GOT IT ON VIDEO! Will post it soon on youtube!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
        Got my 16th ace as part of a course record -10 at Greenway today! Aced hole 2 with a champion firebird. And the best part is, I GOT IT ON VIDEO! Will post it soon on youtube!
        Here's the crappy video I got of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSkD8T3CX7M

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          Thats awesome Luke!

My shot went slightly differently... I spiked it next to the basket... and it rolled all the way down the hill and across the road.
          Thanks. I woulda taken that roll if it meant I could shoot a 36 on the Elevator! Thats a hot round! I'm even a little jealous of your 41 (was that the round your spike/roller happened?) since that was my score after hole 11. Fun tourney with tough courses, and what a view!

Comment

• Three aces this month!!
            I keep forgetting to post my last couple of aces here and with a third today I'm WAY past due.

6/1 hole #1 Lunchtime during League cashed $39 CFR Glow Roc

6/12 hole #9 Lunchtime (short pad) cashed $10 from the 51 club George and Stern First Run Destroyer

6/27 hole #1 Horning's Hideout no cash but my wife got to see it

Pretty cool!
            Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
            Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darr View Post

6/27 hole #1 Horning's Hideout no cash but my wife got to see it
              That has to be one of the best aces, ever. I only have one, but I do wish my beloved could have seen it...
              TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

• I saw it, Zipp, but we ain't even goin' steady.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• darr you stink slow down on those aces man ill never catch up

Comment

• SLOW news day in Fort Morgan: http://www.fortmorgantimes.com/news/...ts-hole-n-one/

Brush disc man hits hole-n-one

The latest Brush disc golfer to "rattle the chains" for a goal in one at the Optimist Disc Golf Course at Riverside Park in Fort Morgan was Lonnie Roark.

On Friday, Roark accomplished the feat on hole number 18, which is 177 feet in length.

He managed to thread his disc, a Champion Valkyrie, between the many cottonwoods guarding the goal with skill and finesse.

The shot was witnessed by his playing partner, a very envious Wayne Carlson.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• Ace #3 and #2 for 2009! #8 at leverich park, crzytal buzzz dead center with 5 witnesses, sooo cool... then the 2nd round, same disc, same HOLE, going innn deaddddd center, at the last minute this thing called wind pushes the disc down a whole foot to hit the top of the cage and barelllyyyyy not go in and just drops down in front of the basket, crazyyyyyy...

Comment

• My First Ace!

I stopped at Trojan Park on my way back south yesterday and played a round in the drizzle. It only took me 4 and ½ years but I was a little lucky on a good drive and aced #18 for my first ever. Star Teerex 167g thrown forehand made it through the branches of the tree in front of the basket and down into the chains. I’ve had a handful of chain outs and another handful of shots thrown in from over 200’ out, but never an ace until yesterday.
                        Oh and I was able to head home with all my discs with just one close call, on hole 9 where my drive stuck in the tall grass on the edge…

Comment

• Congratulations Dave!

Comment

• Yeah Dave! I predict a flurry of Aces for you now, maybe another one this weekend at the RCO!
                            Nate
                            Innova Champion Discs
                            Discmania
                            huk lab
                            Keen Footwear
                            Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                            Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                            Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

• That's a nice shot - 18 at Trojan was my first left-handed ace and second overall...

Do it again this weekend!

Comment

• Eric got his 5th ace today. First one at Milo, even though that's our "home course". Hole 11 (of the 27 hole layout). Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work and this is his first ace that I wasn't there to witness. I'm still stoked for him, though.
                                Last edited by Susie Sunshine; July 15th, 2009, 08:57 PM. Reason: wrong hole - dang Milo with all the different layouts!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X