X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
    All three positions require you to go over or around Cambodia.
    Look at the b position on this map. It seems to that a RHFH or RHBH turnover shot could reach it OK without going over Campbodia. In fact, I think that's how I became aware of this position; my shot from the tee landed a few feet from the collar. And there's no way in hell that my puny arm throws over that jungle.

Comment

• Again... all three positions require you to go over or around. I know that there is a route over the jungle to that position, Scott, as I showed that line to Tim Price and Jason Pinkal one day.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Yo, hole 14 is the really short one after the so called Cambodia hole. The putter or roc shot. Sam, I think you hit that hole as well did you not?

Comment

• Oops, my bad 14 is the long lefty shot..er, I mean turnover shot. It was in the B position for the tournament. I did not see it, but the whole park heard the cheers. Pretty sick shot I must say. I was only able to manage a bird and a par on that hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-ROC View Post
            I was only able to manage a bird and a par on that hole.
            "Only"
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• Originally posted by E-ROC View Post
              Yo, hole 14 is the really short one after the so called Cambodia hole. The putter or roc shot. Sam, I think you hit that hole as well did you not?
              I got that one with a Roc, yeah. I was also able to hit the evil double mando Nate and Dion put up on 15 for their AFD tourney both rounds.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                "Only"
                He's a lefty. It's a huge hyzer for him so a little easier.
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• That was my first time playing the course as well. I wish I could have seen it go in, but it sure sounded cool!!

p.s. Sam, I actually had a decent day of golf

Comment

• Ray's ace was sick and only the second time that hole position as been aced (Colin Sexton being the first that I know of). I called it out of Ray's hand and Shane Waters called it about half way down the fairway, we all stopped and listened and were rewarded. Hole 14 ~ 350
                    Team DISCRAFT
                    NW Sign Up
                    Gorilla Boy
                    Paragon Disc Golf
                    Odwalla

Comment

• Nice, Ray! Saw you did pretty well. And any position that that bucket is in... SICK ace!
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Well Done

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                        Why do they call it Cambodia?
                        Well if you haven't spent quality time tromping through tall grass, wild roses, and gnarly thickets searching for discs on this hole you probably just wouldn't appreciate why Mike Storrs gave it that name.

Originally posted by OkieinOR View Post
                        Long right. Not to far from #15 teepad.
                        Actually it is in the middle position halfway to the long right position. It is so much easier to reach that spot...

Any ace on 'Cambodia' at Adair is sick and a rare occurrence indeed, nice job.

Comment

• I would think a different name related to lightning would be more fitting since that tree in the bushes was split in like 10 different ways by lightning...

Comment

• Aced #5 on the Horning's Hideout Hillside course today with my 164g FLX Surge SS.

I'm glad it was #5 and not #8.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Aced #5 on the Horning's Hideout Hillside course today with my 164g FLX Surge SS.

Nice - one of the tougher aces on Hillside.

Comment

Aced #5 on the Horning's Hideout Hillside course today with my 164g FLX Surge SS.

Wow! I was at HH yesterday to check out the new basket placements, and saw the basket # 5 was moved back farther. So that is awesome ace! Was you with a group of guys throwing all discs from hole 1? We had to start at hole 2.
                                PDGA 38506
                                ODDGA 27
                                DDGA 176
                                2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X