ACES Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • to Rebecca! I was at Yauger on Feb 21st, and the pond at hole 14th ate my disc!! So I can image it, so congratulation Rebecca! Also, I get to witness the first ace at hole 15th as well. It was the player's first ace, too.
    PDGA 38506
    ODDGA 27
    DDGA 176
    2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

    Comment


    • I hit another one today, #1 at Champoeg. I'm on a pretty nice streak right now, 5 aces so far since New Years.

      Comment


      • Ace #13
        Hole 12 at Leverich. A whole slew of witnesses including some casual golfers and a family taking pictures on the bench right near by. 175g Gazelle - not the same one as the last Gazelle.

        Wait... did I say Gazelle? I meant.... uh... Antelope.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Ace #13
          Hole 12 at Leverich. A whole slew of witnesses including some casual golfers and a family taking pictures on the bench right near by. 175g Gazelle - not the same one as the last Gazelle.

          Wait... did I say Gazelle? I meant.... uh... Antelope.
          Sam, you're on a roll! Congrats!

          Bob

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Ace #13
            Hole 12 at Leverich. A whole slew of witnesses including some casual golfers and a family taking pictures on the bench right near by. 175g Gazelle - not the same one as the last Gazelle.

            Wait... did I say Gazelle? I meant.... uh... Antelope.
            maybe it was this guy-


            no wait, that is a pronghorn out in my yard-
            also the pronghorn in a descendant of the antelope, not really an antelope-
            sorry wrong disc-
            the only good salad bar is a drive through-

            Comment


            • No, no... it was a KC Pro Pronghorn. I swear!
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

              Comment


              • Woo Hoo!!

                Finally, today, after playing for almost three years, I got my first ace!

                Non-tournament, but sooper-dooper cool nonetheless. Witnessed by the rest of our weekend meet-up; Andy, Travis and 'Chelle.

                Hole #12, Highbridge DGC
                261' , elevated tee (25')
                blind hole--basket is behind a small stand of Ponderosa
                Sunny and 40 with a slight 5-7mph tailwind
                RHFH Star Sidewinder 171g, plenty of wear
                Came off a little higher than intended but turned over just enough to compensate for the fade at the end
                Looked like it came down in front of the basket and I didn't hear chains but there was a CLUNG and everyone erupted with "It's in there!"
                So cool. One of the holes I've always wanted to ace and definitely a hole I've been driving at for a while. I've hit the basket twice with BH drives and raked the chains once with a similar FH drive.

                Fi-nal-ly! WOOT WOOT!
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Shaolintrained View Post
                  I hit another one today, #1 at Champoeg. I'm on a pretty nice streak right now, 5 aces so far since New Years.
                  That's a sweet ace! And I believe my friend saw it - I texted him to say we were running late and he said he had just watched someone ace hole 1.

                  Nice job, Sam!

                  And yay on the first ace, Burge.

                  So, I'm convinced that Horning's is magical.... played all day Saturday with Eric and our friend Joe and got to witness both of them get aces. Joe got his frist ace - hole 14 on the Canyon course. Beautiful backhand anny. 2 hours later we're playing night golf on the short course and Eric hits hole 13 for his second ace. Good times!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
                    That's a sweet ace! And I believe my friend saw it - I texted him to say we were running late and he said he had just watched someone ace hole 1.

                    Nice job, Sam!

                    And yay on the first ace, Burge.

                    So, I'm convinced that Horning's is magical.... played all day Saturday with Eric and our friend Joe and got to witness both of them get aces. Joe got his frist ace - hole 14 on the Canyon course. Beautiful backhand anny. 2 hours later we're playing night golf on the short course and Eric hits hole 13 for his second ace. Good times!!
                    Way to go Joe and Eric!

                    Bob

                    Comment


                    • About flipping time...

                      Eric and I decided to try superclass, so we both got Zephyrs. Today was our first day throwing them, and I aced hole 16 at Hornings short course.

                      If you haven't tried golfing with a lid (it's been years for me), it's a lot of fun. Highly recommended.

                      Comment


                      • Nice!!

                        (I love Horning's! Ha!)

                        Comment


                        • Aced hole 3E today at milo with a Champion xcaliber(thanks bob).
                          I had four witnesses one being Chris Graham who called it right as it left my hands It was very dirty!

                          Comment


                          • Normal 27 hole layout or tournament layout? and which pin placement? either one still sweet.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                              Normal 27 hole layout or tournament layout? and which pin placement? either one still sweet.
                              I think it was the normal 27, so hole 24? C placement.

                              Comment


                              • 24. Right position still, I assume.

                                NICE ACE! I've hit cage hard on that hole going the right, low route. Always wanted that one.

                                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X