X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdest disc find ever

So I threw hole 18 at Pier today, and after my first toss, I hucked a fun shot using my new EchoStar Destroyer. I flipped it to the right and it headed into the trees nestled against the edge of the hill. I lost sight of the line, but i swore I saw it kick right onto the side of the hill where all the foot high ivy is, perhaps just a little further down than the storage unit.

After looking for nearly 30 minutes, I started looking in wild places. I even walked up to the road. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of orange (the color I was looking for). There was my disc down on the train tracks maybe 120 feet further down. (that's past pin height). I wish you all could have seen it because it was the most impossible line and way farther than it ever should have been.

What is your weirdest find?

On hole #9 at Adair, I drove using my green wraith. The shot went slightly off to the left of the fairway, so I headed off to find my disc. As I neared the spot where the shot landed, I saw my green disc in some ferns. Anyways, I completed the hole only to realize the disc I found wasn't mine. It was a sidewinder the exact same color. My disc was back in the same spot only 10 feet away.

Comment

Once we were looking for a disc and found another disc inside of a hollow stump. We kept looking then i decided to look in a different hollow stump and found the disc we were looking for.
      A par is not a bogey.

Comment

We spent twenty minutes on a blind hole looking for my friend's first ace.
        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Heh heh.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Looking for my second shot at the stump basket @ Milo, came across another disc with my name on it. Not my disc though.
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Priceless.

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
              We spent twenty minutes on a blind hole looking for my friend's first ace.

Comment

I was laying out a secret course on the Ten Sleep creek- there are no courses for 2.5 hrs, infact I am the only golfer in the county- respectively.... anyway here I am down at the creek letting the dog get some water and low and behold a putter in the high water line- nude aviar all beat to shyt- well I guess I am not the only one who thought this area was good for a course-
                here is a pic of the area- pro pad for hole #6 the disc was found down in the creek-
                the only good salad bar is a drive through-

Comment

Has anyone else lost a disc in a wheat field while practicing only to crack open a bail of hay a few years later to find your disc unharmed? I have, twice in fact...both of them Valkyries, and one of them was my first disc ever!

Instance 1 - Practicing in my yard...lost the valk...field grows out and gets bailed...two summers pass...mom gets a call from some folks in our part of the country-side...disc gets returned.

Instance 2 - practice in the yard...lost the valk...field grows out and gets bailed...two or three summers pass...take my dog to the neighbors barn where agility lessons are being held...while putting the equipment away I stumble across an old beat up disc...upon further inspection its my blue champion valk...neighbors say they found it in a bail they opened up for their horses.
                  Team DISCRAFT
                  NW Sign Up
                  Gorilla Boy
                  Paragon Disc Golf
                  Odwalla

Comment

What would be the odds on that happening twice?
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

depends how many discs he lost in the same field...

Comment

I myself haven't had any weird finds but I was with a guy on Lake Isabella course here and he threw a lime green boss on hole 7. We spent 20 mins looking for it and he stopped and looked down at his feet funny. Next thing I know he pulls out a lime green boss, I was like kewl you found it and he says "No this is the boss I lost 2 years ago here" So he threw a lime green boss lost it and found a lime green boss he lost 2 years previous. Same spot and everything.

weird? yes

Comment

I didn't even know the Boss had been out for 2 years...
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Hasn't been.
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by TREX View Post
                              I myself haven't had any weird finds but I was with a guy on Lake Isabella course here and he threw a lime green boss on hole 7. We spent 20 mins looking for it and he stopped and looked down at his feet funny. Next thing I know he pulls out a lime green boss, I was like kewl you found it and he says "No this is the boss I lost 2 years ago here" So he threw a lime green boss lost it and found a lime green boss he lost 2 years previous. Same spot and everything.

weird? yes
                              I Smell fish.
                              Throw What You Know.
                              "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                              PDGA# 45989

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X