X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under the Yurt porch!

My buddy, Benny, lost a champ Viking at Whistlers Bend DGC on Hole #14 "Top of the World" about 2-3 years ago. He may have thrown way too man discs on the hole, not to mention he may have thrown back a few too many bottles of Mickey's during the day.

He got a call about six months ago from an older gal that had stayed in Yurt #1 the night before. Her dog's tennis ball had rolled under the stairs/porch area of the yurt. Upon retrieval of the ball she also found Benny's disc . . . under the porch!

Derek,
    http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

This is only partially my story, I was there when the disc was lost....

Playing Yauger's final nine, my buddy killed his Wraith, turned it right out of his hand. It ends up going over the fence into the road (Cooper Point Rd, very busy street as its a main street into the mall). After helping him search for 10 mins or so, our group calls it and moves on, he can't quit looking. Something about losing three Wraiths recently and really not wanting to lose another one. 45 mins or so later in the parking lot, here comes my buddy empty handed, he's been searching the whole time.

A week later, he gets a call from a car wash attendant. This guy is washing a car and finds my buddies Wraith stuck in the grill of his clients car!

My buddy, being a great guy, but a little short on cash, gives this attendant a bunch of used DVD's to help repay the good deed! They were both extremely grateful!
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Those DVDs are all way too overstable. He got the best deal.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Okay I am totally hijacking my friend BA's weirdest disc find ever story (recently posted under a different thread) and pasting it here. I love this topic/thread and think its worth staying around like Ace Stories and Dyed Discs. His story is a good one so here it is...
          From BA - Last year I lost my favorite go-to disc on the river hole at Arlington. As soon as it left my hand I thought "Why the f-ck did I just throw that disc?". It was the day before a tournament being held there too. The hole was a big anheizer hole and I left the "an" in my bag. It went 50 feet out, turned left and landed about 100 feet out in the middle of the raging Stillaguamish River (during flood season). I used that disc on at least half the holes out there. I was bummed, and I sucked during the tournament (but had fun)

About 6 months later I get a call from some crazy woman saying she found my disc near Arlington and would trade me for a case of beer. She described the disc and sure enough, it was the river disc. I told her it was only worth a 6 pack new, and she said if I just swung by her house she would give it to me for free.

So a buddy and I (I needed a friend because she sounded a little nuts) grabbed a 12 pack of Bud and drove over to her house. Her whole neighborhood (in a pretty scary part of Everett ) were waiting to see if we would really show up.

The day before, this woman and about 4 of her neighbors went rafting down the Stilly. One of the guys had to piss, so they pulled the raft over directly under the I-5 bridge. One guy hiked away to pee and looked down while relieving himself and saw something orange sticking out of the sand. It was my disc. They joked about it and said they bet they could trade it for some more beer.

We ended up drinking the beer with her and her neighbors, , taught them what disc golf was about, and made some new friends that day.

That disc traveled about 6 miles downstream, buried itself in the sand, got pissed on, and found its way back to my bag.

It never flew correcty again, but I still love it just the same....

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
            Okay I am totally hijacking my friend BA's weirdest disc find ever story (recently posted under a different thread) and pasting it here. I love this topic/thread and think its worth staying around like Ace Stories and Dyed Discs. His story is a good one so here it is...
            From BA - Last year I lost my favorite go-to disc on the river hole at Arlington. As soon as it left my hand I thought "Why the f-ck did I just throw that disc?". It was the day before a tournament being held there too. The hole was a big anheizer hole and I left the "an" in my bag. It went 50 feet out, turned left and landed about 100 feet out in the middle of the raging Stillaguamish River (during flood season). I used that disc on at least half the holes out there. I was bummed, and I sucked during the tournament (but had fun)

About 6 months later I get a call from some crazy woman saying she found my disc near Arlington and would trade me for a case of beer. She described the disc and sure enough, it was the river disc. I told her it was only worth a 6 pack new, and she said if I just swung by her house she would give it to me for free.

So a buddy and I (I needed a friend because she sounded a little nuts) grabbed a 12 pack of Bud and drove over to her house. Her whole neighborhood (in a pretty scary part of Everett ) were waiting to see if we would really show up.

The day before, this woman and about 4 of her neighbors went rafting down the Stilly. One of the guys had to piss, so they pulled the raft over directly under the I-5 bridge. One guy hiked away to pee and looked down while relieving himself and saw something orange sticking out of the sand. It was my disc. They joked about it and said they bet they could trade it for some more beer.

We ended up drinking the beer with her and her neighbors, , taught them what disc golf was about, and made some new friends that day.

That disc traveled about 6 miles downstream, buried itself in the sand, got pissed on, and found its way back to my bag.

It never flew correcty again, but I still love it just the same....
            AWESOME! My fave yet! Especially cause it had such a heartwarming ending.
            peace,
            em
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Seatac hole 18:
              Though I shorted my drive into the laurel on the left and shook the last branches. SMACK! A new uninked Star Wraith (my all time favorite driver) in dayglo bounces off my armored head (I'm Swedish and only skateboards make an impression) and into my bag (metaphorically).

Another weird one, not mine: drive augered into the ground, guy looking for it saw just the edge and when he lifted it up it have dug in underground and was under another disc in that same spot!
              What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscGolfOregon3 View Post
                My buddy, Benny, lost a champ Viking at Whistlers Bend DGC on Hole #14 "Top of the World" about 2-3 years ago. He may have thrown way too man discs on the hole, not to mention he may have thrown back a few too many bottles of Mickey's during the day.

He got a call about six months ago from an older gal that had stayed in Yurt #1 the night before. Her dog's tennis ball had rolled under the stairs/porch area of the yurt. Upon retrieval of the ball she also found Benny's disc . . . under the porch!

Derek,
                http://www.discgolforegon.com
                What is the time frame?

I was down there with a bunch of Oregon Golfers for my Bachelor party in March of 2008 and I found a disc on hole 14, I called the number and get a girlfriend or wife of the player who it belonged to. She was local and said he would want the disc back but was not in the area. I told her I would leave it under the stairs at Yurt #1 for him to retrieve since I live in Portland. I hang up the call feeling OK about it getting back to him. There is no way you could see the disc unless you knew it was there.

So it sounds like either he never went to retrieve, she found it before he did or it was a different disc belonging to a different person I was describing
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X