Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few years back I was warming up for a tourney in Pueblo, CO. I toss my "go-to" driver and it hits a tree and takes this 90 degree kick that glides over an 8ft barb wire fence. As the disc is in the air the Tourney Director yells "Bring it in".

I'm freaking out as I need this disc. I make the brilliant decision to jump the fence carefully. No problems, until I realize that the fence is the border of a wildlife park and there are a herd of bison that start moving quickly in my direction. I grab the disc, try to jump the fence quickly, and shred my new gore-tex pants. I imagine that the Bison were just thinking I was there to feed them, but I had this vision of some dude getting gored in Pampalona in my head. Not my best decision ever...but I loved that disc.

Comment

You missed a chance to pick up the latest gear for the fastest growing sport that no one has heard of: Buffalo Chip Golf!

Fun for all ages.
      Last edited by Ol' Bob; December 21st, 2009, 08:43 AM.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        You missed a chance to pick up the latest gear for the fastest growing sport that no one has heard of: Buffalo Chip Golf!

Fun for all ages.
        Every state fair in the midwest has this competition!
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
          No BS?

Comment

Not every, but many of them. County fairs too.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

While I was playing Dexter a couple weeks ago I thought my bag looked a little empty. I had left a couple in the car, so I wasn't sure. I decided to glance at my phone and I had a missed call from a number I didn't recognize. I figured it must be my missing disc and called it back. When the guy answered and I asked if he had found a disc he was really confused. I could hear him telling his buddy "I'm trippin out man". Apparently he HAD just found my disc and just called me. He was tripping out because he had just found it at Orchard (I've never played there). He was also tripping out because right after he called and I didn't answer he saw a lady and asked "are you Celeste" to which she reply "yes I am" and he gave her the disc back.
              When we figured that all out he asked how old I am and where I lived (creeper). I laughed and told him goodbye. He said hang on, you should join Stumptown! haha Great recruiting.

Comment

This settles it - I'm moving back to Minnesota and training bison to crap in Boss molds - er maybe Avenger and and Buzz molds since the midwest seems to be discraft country...

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post

Comment

I had thrown a couple to warm up and as I was putting my discs back in my bag I saw I was missing one. Where's myteebird? It was tucked under my arm.
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Thats not weird Chris, just stupid.
                    Team Innova
                    Team LSDiscs
                    Team Stimpi
                    Team Challenge
                    Team Oly
                    Team Fry
                    2009 USDGC Washington State Representative
                    PDGA #25541

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                      This settles it - I'm moving back to Minnesota and training bison to crap in Boss molds - er maybe Avenger and and Buzz molds since the midwest seems to be discraft country...
                      I don't know what to say except this is really cracking me up. Whose moldy buffalo chips will be the best (in whose opinions)? We'll all remember when a buffalo chip was just a buffalo chip, back before branding. I'll be interested in the fancy chip names the companies come up with.

Comment

Is anybody going to call that kid on a foot-fault... and what 'crappy' disc selection... is that a Lightning #2 Dumpshot? Discrap XS?
                        Innova 1st Run Pile Driver?
                        Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; December 22nd, 2009, 04:04 AM.
                        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by chanman View Post
                          Thats not weird Chris, just stupid.
                          Hey Chandler...
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

How do you keep a dumb kid in suspense?

So, after a long search in temps reaching 130f, my brother found my champion orc in the back of an old Russian armored vehicle in Sadam's tank graveyard...
                            of course he threw it there.

Some guy in North Idaho was scuba diving in a river and found the orange Augusta Wraith that I had given my brother... it was miles from where he "couldn't remember losing it" while camping/fishing/discing.
                            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

What I'm waiting for is Innova trying to convince us that those fancy branded buffalo chips are "limited editions." We might want to get them for collector value.

Comment

I guarantee my R-Poo drivers will only be available with jacked up prices for tourneys.

Still looking for an employee willing to brand the stamps on them....

But seriously, they may be the first fecal objects where fast is a good thing!

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                                What I'm waiting for is Innova trying to convince us that those fancy branded buffalo chips are "limited editions." We might want to get them for collector value.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X