Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weirdest find I have had was off hole 5/4a in Pendleton. I rolled my disc off the bank and down into the creek. I though it was a goner. Fortunately, it was stuck swirling in a back current.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

When I first started playing I was at Willamette and fall was in full speed leaves everywhere on hole 9 threw my drive and it landed at the base of a tree. Looked for about an hour and finally gave up. Went out the next day same hole put my foot down behind my disc for my upshot and my foot slipped and moved some leaves to reveal my lost disc under my foot. Sweet find!!!

Comment

I once threw a brand new Firebird into a river and i to look just to check and it was upside down floating down the river. So I went down stream and it washed up on the bank.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by TREX View Post
          I myself haven't had any weird finds but I was with a guy on Lake Isabella course here and he threw a lime green boss on hole 7. We spent 20 mins looking for it and he stopped and looked down at his feet funny. Next thing I know he pulls out a lime green boss, I was like kewl you found it and he says "No this is the boss I lost 2 years ago here" So he threw a lime green boss lost it and found a lime green boss he lost 2 years previous. Same spot and everything.

weird? yes
          That IS weird. That guy traveled back in time with that lime green boss and threw it on hole 7, and then proceeded to lose it. Then he traveled back to present time and threw that hole with you and found the disc. That is what happened.
          Team Innova
          Team LSDiscs
          Team Stimpi
          Team Challenge
          Team Oly
          Team Fry
          2009 USDGC Washington State Representative
          PDGA #25541

Comment

While playing Dabney Doubles last year, we are looking for my partners disc, it was a beat Rock (white with a blue stamp), I exclaim, "Found it." We throw from his lie and he goes to pick up his Rock from the weeds it was resting in and he says, this is not my disc. We keep looking and find his disc too.
            "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by jabberjawsteve View Post
              I was laying out a secret course on the Ten Sleep creek- there are no courses for 2.5 hrs, infact I am the only golfer in the county- respectively.... anyway here I am down at the creek letting the dog get some water and low and behold a putter in the high water line- nude aviar all beat to shyt- well I guess I am not the only one who thought this area was good for a course-
              here is a pic of the area- pro pad for hole #6 the disc was found down in the creek-
              I keep coming back to look at this picture...it is so cool...thank you for posting it. It does just holler out, "look, look at this sweet disc golf course!", how could you not build a secret course on it?
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I used to head up to Seattle to play disc golf with buddies a lot. When we played Mount Lake Terrace I shanked my drive on 7 (I think it was) and the disc went into the swampy parts. It was a star stamp DX Banshee. A year passes and my friend shanks a disc into the same area, can't find his but does find mine.

It started out as an overstable driver and came back as the single best roller disc I've ever had... I didn't throw rollers for years I was so bummed to lose that disc.
                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

And people wonder why there is a rule that you must make an identifying mark your disc....
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

His words not mine

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                    I Smell fish.
                    His words not mine, And a couple of the guys here on this board know the player as well. He said 2 years and the disc was all moldy and icky. As far as exact time, well, he helped establish the course so I took him at his word and was stoked he found a long lost disc.

Comment

It's the same Boss, it was just so radically fast when first introduced that the first drive wrinkled the space-time continuum leaving two versions of the same disc in the same time, but slightly different places.

Seriously, if you squint real hard when you're thinking about it it makes total sense.

Originally posted by chanman View Post
                      That IS weird. That guy traveled back in time with that lime green boss and threw it on hole 7, and then proceeded to lose it. Then he traveled back to present time and threw that hole with you and found the disc. That is what happened.
                      The day before the Rose City Open we're looking for my friend's blue boss on 14 at Pier. blow a half hour on it and he finally calls it, his wife goes to move his bag, there's the boss, squirreled into the grass below...

Comment

So me and my friend were playing on a long downhill hole that is open for about 300 feet and then tightly wooded for the next 300 feet. The ideal shot is rhbh anhyzer. He threw his drive long, left, and high. The landing area for a good shot is pretty blind and to the left is almost completely ostructed so we couldn't tell exactly where the drive landed. We looked for a half hour or more with no luck. Over the next coulpe weeks we sporadically looked for the drive every time we played the course as it was his favorite disc. Still no luck. About a month later we were playing a different hole on the course that was right in the same area as his original lost drive was headed and as he was lining up a putt his lost disc dropped out of a giant evergreen about 15 feet from where he was standing. The disc must have been stuck in the tree higher than we could see and then randomly drops out at the exact moment he is standing underneath that tree a month later. Weirdest find I have ever seen.
                        Read this ^

Comment

CRAZY!
                          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I love the S.S. Avenger. Great disc for tight wooded shots. Bought my first one (been through six since) at Faragut State Park. ESP 171. Thing was magical. Lost it last August on hole 6 @ Corbin Park.

Threw it straight down the path and when it was @ the basket location it was still ten feet above it and traveling straight . I spent 45 minutes looking for the damn thing with two buddies to no avail .

This year in July after just having bought my 5th S.S. Avenger I was playing Corbin and was on hole 3. Hole 14 ends right next to the fairway for 3. I see this bright yellow/green disc land next to my buddies super shanked drive. We approach and I say casually 'that looks like my old S.S.'

He picks up his disc and throws, I look down and low and behold it is the 1st one ! Some chick and her mom found it last September down past the tee for 7 down next to the fairway for 9. By all accounts it was a 500 plus foot drive! She graciously returned it and didn't want anything from me. Still gave her a beer and my number (she was smoking hot )

Then promptly threw it @ 6 and aced it. First ace @ Corbin and it was the same way it flew after a year of being gone. Now sits retired on my wall.
                            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Did she call?
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Yes General, that is the most important detail you left out, who cares about the ace..

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X