X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting ace pots with your doubles partner

After the recent discussion in the aces thread I thought it would be fun to pose the question as a poll: Should aces-pots in doubles tournaments be split with the partner? Why or why not?
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    25.00%

I voted yes but not a 50/50 split. If me and my partner have not set up a split before an ace is hit I will give them 10%.

Comment

I say yes if we decide on a split before we play but I voted no because if we don't agree on a split then there will be none. An ace is an individual achievement and I see no reason why you should be forced to split it with someone else. If we do agree on a split, the most I will ever go is 80/20 but in general I don't believe in a split.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I voted yes because it allows for good park it, then run it strategy. It's also good sportsmanship and improves your chances of getting paid.
        Current World Rank: 2857th
        Lowest Rated Round: 777
        Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
        Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
        Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
        Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
        Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
        Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

I voted yes. Most of the time, when the pot starts getting up there aways, someone will propose splitting the ace between all members on the card (perhaps a little disproportionately). This way there's an abundance of good vibes & your chances of walking away with a little cash is significantly greater.

Comment

yaeh yaeh yaeh, you all know i voted NO.

I voted that way because i believe that the ace is a personal acheivment and should be treated that way. if a hole is aceable then most likely it will be a easy birdie even if you dont ace it, so i dont think either person should park it. just GO FOR IT!! i would never split the acepot with the whole card! that is rediculous!! if people want some of the acepot then they shouuld go practice some more and hit some aces!
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

What if a player hits a black ace, does his partner split the beer payout?

I say split if your partner hits one on the round too.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

every single Ace i have gotten in a doubles event i have split with my partner 50/50 with the odd dollar if there was 1 going to me???

i can think of 4 right off the top of my head.....

as for the whole its an individual thing ????

what????? you are part of a team so what "you" threw it

but if i am ever partnered up with any of you that wanna keep the whole thing for yourself say so ahead of time or i will expect half of it from you.......

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I have never played doubles where there was an ace pot. Without thinking about it, it just seemed to me that the person who hits it should get it. I'd say the chance of my hitting one is about one in ten thousand.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I vote yes. It's a polite courtesy. I wouldn't want to force it on anyone who felt differently though.

Comment

Like Ol' Bob said, an ace is a personal thing. Your partner has just as much chance to hit it as you do. I would never have even thought of splitting a personal achievement with someone else. In every sport there is if you hit a personal achievement with a payout, it is yours to keep. You say in doubles DG that having the partner helps you feel more comfortable with ace runs so it is a team effort. Michael Jordan couldn't win a single game by himself without his team, but I am pretty sure he didn't share any of his cash form personal achievements with his teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                        every single Ace i have gotten in a doubles event i have split with my partner 50/50 with the odd dollar if there was 1 going to me???

i can think of 4 right off the top of my head.....

as for the whole its an individual thing ????

what????? you are part of a team so what "you" threw it

but if i am ever partnered up with any of you that wanna keep the whole thing for yourself say so ahead of time or i will expect half of it from you.......

How can you EXPECT half of somebody else's ace? Splitting the ace pot isn't a written rule, granted different courses' have different implied rules that go along with the course. Maybe at your course, splitting the pot is the norm, but its certainely not universal! It would seem to me that no pre-ace arangement means no splitting the pot!
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I was playing the 02 or 03 Whistlers Bend Doubles Shootout and there was this little 150 ft. hole with about a 25ft. elevation drop. The water was about 5ft. behind the basket so looking through the basket all you could see is water. My brother went first and wedged his putter under the wheel of the basket, if he went in the water there was no way i would have gone for it. He gave me the green light and I aced it and he got half or close to it anyway. I think he bought me a disc with part of it or something or maybe dinner that night. I cant remember that part but I sure do remember the ace.

Comment

no I don't believe they should, you don't pay in it as a team, most doubles tournaments i've been in we have said we would split it if that would happen but I wouldn't be offended if they didn't, it's hard to split a c.t.p if you win, most c.t.p.'s i've seen at doubles events have only one pearson in mind, if it was not said ahead of time than i would expect nothing, maybe a noble kickdown,

Comment

I have always thought that it goes without saying that aces are split. I would rather have 100% more shots at 50% the pot than half as many shots for 100% of the pot. In the long run it would even out but sharing makes you cool.
                              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X