Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it really just depends how much money it is... if it was the $1200 that a certain someone won during oregon series last year, then heck no dont split it, maybe buy everyone a keg or something.. If it's 75 bucks then, do whatever u want... just stirring the pot

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
      I think it really just depends how much money it is... if it was the $1200 that a certain someone won during oregon series last year, then heck no dont split it, maybe buy everyone a keg or something.. If it's 75 bucks then, do whatever u want... just stirring the pot
      I tend to agree. I'm all for splitting the ace pot, but I play doubles at Orchard where the pot seldom gets about $100.00. I think if it got much above $300 I would probably slide $100 to my partner and keep the rest for my greedy self.

For the record, I've split two aces with partners, but I have never had a partner of mine get an ace.

There have been at least three instances in the last two years where someone has just hit their very first ace and somebody else comes up to me afterward and asks me to go explain to the person the protocol of splitting the pot. In fact, that happened just this week. I have no problem with doing that, but it seriously begs the question - why me? Am I really the most diplomatic guy you could find? Somehow, I doubt that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        For the record, I've split two aces with partners, but I have never had a partner of mine get an ace.
        Thanks Scott. Didn't we four the hole right after your ace too.
        Current World Rank: 2857th
        Lowest Rated Round: 777
        Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
        Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
        Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
        Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
        Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
        Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

What if your partner paid your team's entry fee and you hadn't paid him back yet for your half. You hit the ace. Is it all his money to decide how it's handled between you?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Am I really the most diplomatic guy you could find? Somehow, I doubt that.
            Now you come clean the diet coke off of my computer!
            Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
              Now you come clean the diet coke off of my computer!
              Man, that Aspartame can really make people sick all right.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

How many cans of worms can one question open?

I understand the Lakota had a word for gold that meant, "the yellow metal that makes the white man crazy." I used to love to play pool, wanted to be the best, but hated to play for money. Then I stopped going into bars, or out in public in general, and was saved by disc golf. DG gave me that venue to hone a personal skill, independent of anyone else's scoring results, except where everyone keeps track. I pretty much always suck in tournament play. (I did win that CTP at GeezerGolf '08.) But anyway, I pretty much avoid doing anything for money. I found a long time ago that almost no one maintains a grasp on reality where a buck is concerned, myself included. I told my shrink that I was, "commerciophobic." Anyway, it's interesting to see that people seem to get to varying splits depending on the size of the pots. I have one ace in my career, and all I got for it was the Sausage Guy's and Steve's signatures on my FLX Buzzz. You know what, that was a really big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                  What if your partner paid your team's entry fee and you hadn't paid him back yet for your half. You hit the ace. Is it all his money to decide how it's handled between you?
                  Not around these parts. There is more neighborly (for lack of a better word) aspect to it. A resaonable solution to your scenario would be to give your partner 1/2 the ace pot, and then give him your entry fee.

But this really seems to be a local custom. It would be cool if the poll showed demographics - I strongly suspect the majority of the yes respondants are from Oregon.

Comment

Maybe it's just a personal thing, but anytime I've hit an ace in tournament or doubles I've given half of it to my partner or the club or establishment hosting then venue (Fernburner/lucky mud for instance) I believe in good karma!

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
                      Thanks Scott. Didn't we four the hole right after your ace too.
                      I thought we agreed not to talk about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                        Maybe it's just a personal thing, but anytime I've hit an ace in tournament or doubles I've given half of it to my partner or the club or establishment hosting then venue (Fernburner/lucky mud for instance) I believe in good karma!

See, I would rather give half back to the club myself.

Comment

An ace is an individual achievement and I see no reason why you should be forced to split it with someone else.
                          If partner A parks the hole then you have a green light to run the chains (which normally would result in a difficult 2nd shot if you miss). IMO, having a risk-free run at the chains is an advantage that you gained by having a partner. Also, with a good partner on an easy course (say like Orchard Park) you can take more risks.

Having said that, I think there is a difference between a $50 Orchard ace pot and a $500 ace pot. For larger amounts, I would talk about it before hand (80/20 split, etc.). I view getting any cash from a partner's Ace as a thank-you... not an expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_R View Post
                            ... a thank-you... not an expectation.
                            Now that's very different.

The poll was quite limited in scope.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X