Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone even offered it to me I would say Heck no! You earned it not me!

Comment

Regardless of a separate buy-in, you and your partner become a team, a 50/50 split is just good form. After all if your team wins the day you split the pay-out 50/50 right? Or are you counting how many of your shots you take, and those of the partner, then splitting the pot based on that percentage? I doubt it. Yea guys, manners count.
      educate your thinking

Comment

Meh. My $.02

So, lets say that some touring pro, maybe Barsby for instance, comes to your weekly doubles event. He gets paired up with some guy who really only throws frisbees in a park. The two manage to go -18 for the round, and win first place that week. Should Barsby take the full purse since he was obviously carrying the other player all round? I mean, he could have thrown -18 all by himself...

* He did not take the full payout (though he was kind enough to let me putt out all 18 holes he parked). Now that I mention it, isn't there some N/A gift certificate we won, too?
        TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

i voted no, but for me it all depends on how big the ace pot is. If the pot is bigger than $200 i have no problem splitting it but if it is lower i wont split it.

Comment

The only reason I could see not splitting the ace pot is if you were the first on your team to throw the hole and aced it. Your partner didnt throw first and park it, which gave you the chance at an ace run. This happened to me once at Tue 2's and Sam got his share of the pot. I did and still will split the ace pot with my partner, but truly, it wasnt a partner assisted ace.
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              If someone even offered it to me I would say Heck no! You earned it not me!
              This is the right answer. I have never taken ace pot money from the one partner that I have had that hit it.
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

I usually suggest a 60/40 split with my partner before starting. I think some of you who feel it's an individual achievement are assuming the doubles format is Best Shot. However, in other formats like Alternating Shot, you or your partner may have more tee offs and ace chances in the round depending on how your alternating works out over the round.

Comment

Ace hitting players discretion...

I would probably kick down $20 bucks if its a larger ace pot, but I am not giving them half regardless of the format or who threw first, or our friendship status, or even our ratings as I have heard suggested. I am one that offers up a card split like Shaolin Trained mentioned. If the pot is over a $100, then I usually ask everyone if they agree to a 20% per non ace hitting player and they player who hits the ace wins the remaining 40%; or some creative split, but if we didnt talk about it, then that money is either all mine or all yours and either of us can buy beverages accordingly.
                  Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                    I would probably kick down $20 bucks if its a larger ace pot, but I am not giving them half regardless of the format or who threw first, or our friendship status, or even our ratings as I have heard suggested. I am one that offers up a card split like Shaolin Trained mentioned. If the pot is over a $100, then I usually ask everyone if they agree to a 20% per non ace hitting player and they player who hits the ace wins the remaining 40%; or some creative split, but if we didnt talk about it, then that money is either all mine or all yours and either of us can buy beverages accordingly.
                    So can I have the other 40%?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                      So can I have the other 40%?

Bob
                      Back to math class, Bob.

20% + 20% + 20% + 40% = 100%

Comment

I'd defiantly buy my partner a tasty beverage. No reason to be stingy with my good fortune.
                        Throw What You Know.
                        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                        PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          Back to math class, Bob.

20% + 20% + 20% + 40% = 100%
                          Ok, that is IF he is talking 4 people on the card all splitting. If only he and his partner as I ASSUMED then there is 40% left over.

%20 Non Ace Partner
                          +%40 Ace Thrower
                          _____
                          =%60

Back to math class SCOTT!

Bob

Comment

Ok, that is IF he is talking 4 people on the card all splitting. If only he and his partner as I ASSUMED then there is 40% left over.

%20 Non Ace Partner
                            +%40 Ace Thrower
                            _____
                            =%60

Bob
                            Yeah Bob I was tlaking about a card of four... otherwise if we played doubles in cards of two there would be some really low scores and a pile of 40% of the pot laying on the ground
                            Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

%20 Non Ace Partner
                              +%40 Ace Thrower
                              _____
                              =%60

Bob

You read his entire post, right?

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                              I am one that offers up a card split like Shaolin Trained mentioned.
                              Geeez..... kids today.

Comment

water hole # 16 A

Originally posted by Phatjay View Post
                                I was playing the 02 or 03 Whistlers Bend Doubles Shootout and there was this little 150 ft. hole with about a 25ft. elevation drop. The water was about 5ft. behind the basket so looking through the basket all you could see is water. My brother went first and wedged his putter under the wheel of the basket, if he went in the water there was no way i would have gone for it. He gave me the green light and I aced it and he got half or close to it anyway. I think he bought me a disc with part of it or something or maybe dinner that night. I cant remember that part but I sure do remember the ace.
                                I know that hole!
                                Shaweet Ace.
                                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                                - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X