X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Except... I did my research and went with the superior disc manufacturer and left the wannabe discs for the wannabe disc golfers.
    Harsh
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

A bit harsh yes, but true
      Team Innova
      Team LSDiscs
      Team Stimpi
      Team Challenge
      Team Oly
      Team Fry
      2009 USDGC Washington State Representative
      PDGA #25541

Comment

Discraft bashing aside, Scott is correct Caveat Emptor There is a small store right by Hoover Park, same thing, big prices. I asked if they ever sold any, and she said all the time. Folks see the course, want to play, and don't quibble over price as it is a product they want. No consumer is ever ripped off if they get what they want; if they could have gotten it cheaper they should have known, again, not the retailers problem. I used to work retail, a guy came in, saw what he wanted and brought it to the check out. He complained it was almost ten dollars more than one he saw online. I gave it to him at that price and placed it in a bag and put it on a shelf behind the counter. "WTF," he asked. I told him that if he'd ordered it it would take at least a week to get here, so I'd hold it for him for one week, then he could come and get it, he paid the ten bucks. Sometimes what you're paying for is not just the product, but the connivence.
        Last edited by JMan; August 11th, 2009, 06:53 PM. Reason: fun and laughs
        educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
          connivence.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            LOL... california is not as expensive as they claim... only thing that is slightly higher is rent and it's only maybe $200 more a month than Portland or Salem... everything else is basically the same. Now if it were the Bay Area then that place is ridiclous and I would never live there...
            Having visited California twice this year, I'd disagree. Gas is higher in California. Sales Tax is much higher. Day use fees are a lot more than $3. And I don't even want to think about how much it costs to see a movie there...

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
              Discraft bashing aside, Scott is correct Caveat Emptor There is a small store right by Hoover Park, same thing, big prices. I asked if they ever sold any, and she said all the time. Folks see the course, want to play, and don't quibble over price as it is a product they want. No consumer is ever ripped off if they get what they want; if they could have gotten it cheaper they should have known, again, not the retailers problem. I used to work retail, a guy came in, saw what he wanted and brought it to the check out. He complained it was almost ten dollars more than one he saw online. I gave it to him at that price and placed it in a bag and put it on a shelf behind the counter. "WTF," he asked. I told him that if he'd ordered it it would take at least a week to get here, so I'd hold it for him for one week, then he could come and get it, he paid the ten bucks. Sometimes what you're paying for is not just the product, but the connivence.
              You da (J)man!

Comment

LOL, I've been to the store next to Hoover plenty of times, their Champion is 15.99, which is not bad at all for a conveince store, but 23.99 heck yeah bad... and remember california is broken up into many different regions. The Bay Area like I said is yes indeedy marked up on everything, but where I am, same prices as Oregon for just about everything except a few things. Movies are like 8.50, same as Salem last time I checked. Anyways, i guess 25 dollars for a disc is not bad for most of you, so those selling discs, mark up your prices! I was gonna bring a whole bunch of discs to Eugene Celebration and sell them for $10, but now it's $30! yeahhhh...

Comment

LOL, I've been to the store next to Hoover plenty of times, their Champion is 15.99, which is not bad at all for a conveince store, but 23.99 heck yeah bad... and remember california is broken up into many different regions. The Bay Area like I said is yes indeedy marked up on everything, but where I am, same prices as Oregon for just about everything except a few things. Movies are like 8.50, same as Salem last time I checked. Anyways, i guess 25 dollars for a disc is not bad for most of you, so those selling discs, mark up your prices! I was gonna bring a whole bunch of discs to Eugene Celebration and sell them for $10, but now it's $30! yeahhhh...
                  You're missing the point. If this seller is the only game in town, or at least the only one near the course, chances are they will do OK. It doesn't matter at all if prices for other goods and services in the area are comparable to Oregon. If they are able to sell Star discs for $25.99 then the maket has shown that that is a fair price for that area.

With increased competition and a more informed consumer, you likely won't do as well selling your $10.00 plastic for $30.00 at the Celebration.

Comment

yeah, i know, that's why i'll have a "Oregon 65% off sale"... anyways, my point is, the prices were ridicilous, especially with final 9 sports a few miles away... but if they sell discs then whatever...
                    Anyways, how much is gas in Oregon now?

Comment

Park the Deals on Discs van out front of that store on weekends.
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Anyways, how much is gas in Oregon now?
                        Looks like about $2.60 up here and getting more expensive as you go south. Up to $2.99 in Ashland.

http://www.oregongasprices.com/

Comment

It's only 2.44 in Iowa. The least expensive is 2.36 and the most expensive in 2.69.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Comment

not bad, it just finally went back up to 3.00 recently... but don't matter to me, I ride a 125cc scooter that gets 90-100 mpg... yeah baby... Brand new 2009 yamaha scooter only cost me under $3k... and insurance is only like $25 a month...

Comment

I say support Jerry at "the Depot" if you want disc prices to stay low in the Portland area. Jerry's prices for champ plastic $13, and Star $14 are unbeatable. i was at REI over at Clackamas and they had Innova Star discs for $20 each. If Jerry wasn't around I think disc vendors all over town would hike up their prices. My 2cents... (and I don't work for Jerry...)

Comment

I buy from him all the time, he did fork over 14 baskets for the disc golf course that will be opening soon...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X