Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we didn't get on the road today, tomorrow for sure and I know which courses I am going to play, well at least I have a list of all the ones I want to get to.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      OK come on, now we're just listing off courses. Do you really think we should recommend Vance, Rockwood, Leverich or Grand Lodge to someone looking for the best Oregon (+ SW WA) courses? Not that they are bad, but are they the best we have to offer? Even Skyline in Cathlamet is certainly better than any of the aforementioned, and that didn't even come out the way I meant it - Skyline is great!
      What? Portland Adventist didn't make the list?

Comment

I know guy who has 2 portable baskets he can set up somewhere for you?

Comment

No love for Bryant? If the baskets are in, it is a course that can make you openly weep, also depending on your mood Rooster Rock (in conjunction with Dabney) can be fun
          "Putt" is a four letter word

Comment

We got to Pier and Ewing Young today, not everything was about disc golf today but that's ok. Ewing Young is probably my favorite course I have ever played that is less then 18 holes, I really enjoyed that course today and Pier was fun as always, the pins were moved backed since last time I played it and it was much harder.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

there is a b-tier this weekend if your gonna go play whistlers. but if your not into that you could play riverfront in roseburg (not grants pass that's riverside). its a tightly wooded 18 holer with 18 mach twos. whistlers is a course you dont wanna miss. i would say skip tom pearce and riverside and go for selmac and whistlers.

Comment

small Oregon Deaf tournament at tom pearce and selmac this weekend as well... but not closed to public...

Comment

I'm headed to Whistler's Bend right now, then Riverfront Park and possibly greenoaks today. Tomorrow is looking like Horning's Hideout and Mcmenemans Grand Lodge.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                    I'm headed to Whistler's Bend right now, then Riverfront Park and possibly greenoaks today.
                    I wouldn't bother with Green Oaks.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Too late! It's ok it's a crappy little course but it wasn't a far drive, it was on the way anyway but thanks for the warning as late as it may be.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Check out Yauger in Olympia on your way back through. Let me know if you wanna meet to play out there. Im pretty free next week.
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

On the way to Horning's Hideout, Orchard Park and Mcmenamins Grand Lodge Today. Unfortunatly I'm not going to be able to do anything else after these today as we have other things that need to be taken care of tomorrow.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I probably wouldn't bother with Grand Lodge, unless you're either staying there or also planning to go to Hagg Lake. Use up your arm at Horning's.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

the kids love it

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                              Too late! It's ok it's a crappy little course but it wasn't a far drive, it was on the way anyway but thanks for the warning as late as it may be.
                              Yose wrote
                              Hey you silly sillybizz you, I realize that you were wanting to play some of the better courses in Oregon and if I had the chance I would have definately advised you to NOT play Green Oaks.
                              It's one of those parks where dger's ran out the not so wanted types that used to frequent there.
                              Something you prolly didn't know is most of the kids (8-12 year olds) who play there think their course is pretty cool.
                              The main reason is that ....... it is better than no course at all.
                              No personal attack meant here just sticking up for disc golf.
                              Heck we still play ribboned tree courses down south here.
                              IMO there are no crappy courses, some are only better.
                              You may not want to play Whistlers because the same fella designed Green Oaks and Whistlers.
                              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                              - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                                Yose wrote
                                Hey you silly sillybizz you, I realize that you were wanting to play some of the better courses in Oregon and if I had the chance I would have definately advised you to NOT play Green Oaks.
                                It's one of those parks where dger's ran out the not so wanted types that used to frequent there.
                                Something you prolly didn't know is most of the kids (8-12 year olds) who play there think their course is pretty cool.
                                The main reason is that ....... it is better than no course at all.
                                No personal attack meant here just sticking up for disc golf.
                                Heck we still play ribboned tree courses down south here.
                                IMO there are no crappy courses, some are only better.
                                You may not want to play Whistlers because the same fella designed Green Oaks and Whistlers.
                                I shouldn't have used the word crappy, I should of used something like short and good for begineers but not for serious players. I wasn't expecting much, it was just right where we were headed anyway so we thought we could take 20 minutes and check it out. If I lived within walking distance I would practice there. Horning's is the best destination in Oregon hands down and the longer course I like even better than Whistler's. Couldn't get to the grand lodge they were having an outdoor music festival of some sort. I so didn't want to leave today, I love Oregon the courses are so great!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X