I know I'm going to regret pointing this out but . . . Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I know I'm going to regret pointing this out but . . .

    What do three of the top six finishers at Pro Worlds 2009 have in common?

    They're all members of the Eugene Disc Golf Club!

    (Just in case anyone was wondering.)

  • #2
    Originally posted by Jim J View Post
    What do three of the top six finishers at Pro Worlds 2009 have in common?

    They're all members of the Eugene Disc Golf Club!

    (Just in case anyone was wondering.)

    Paying members or participatory members? Do any of them also belong to other clubs. We are you not having weekly or monthly clinics developing the talent further in the area.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jim J View Post
      What do three of the top six finishers at Pro Worlds 2009 have in common?

      They're all members of the Eugene Disc Golf Club!

      (Just in case anyone was wondering.)
      They have an A in their name? DAve, NAte, Avery!

      Bob

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jim J View Post
        What do three of the top six finishers at Pro Worlds 2009 have in common?
        How about....

        They are all from Oregon?
        They are all Bob's friends on Facebook?


        Oh.. I know what it is!

        THEY ALL KICK ASS!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Scott View Post
          They are all from Oregon?

          Well, I'd say ONE is from Oregon, the others just live there
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Flash View Post
            Paying members or participatory members?
            They are paying members, not a complimentary member among them.

            Originally posted by Flash View Post
            Do any of them also belong to other clubs?
            Real question would be, do ALL of them belong to another club? Probably not.

            Originally posted by Flash View Post
            Why are you not having weekly or monthly clinics developing the talent further in the area?
            We would, but we're too polite, as a club, to monopolize more than three of the top six spots. We'd like to give the other clubs a chance to catch up a bit.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jim J View Post
              We would, but we're too polite, as a club, to monopolize more than three of the top six spots. We'd like to give the other clubs a chance to catch up a bit.
              This kind of smack talk leads to something I've been dreaming of for a little while now - a NW club championship. Each club sends 5-6 representatives to compete in a points style tournament. Prizes would be bragging rights and a travelling trophy. The tournament would be handled by a different club each year, so the location would vary. Milo one year, Dexter another, then perhaps Whistlers, Steilly, etc....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Scott View Post
                This kind of smack talk leads to something I've been dreaming of for a little while now - a NW club championship. Each club sends 5-6 representatives to compete in a points style tournament. Prizes would be bragging rights and a travelling trophy. The tournament would be handled by a different club each year, so the location would vary. Milo one year, Dexter another, then perhaps Whistlers, Steilly, etc....
                Kind of like determining a State Champion?

                Bob

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey Tim Everybody is from somwhere else.
                  rewindb.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                    Kind of like determining a State Champion?

                    Bob
                    No. This would be a team event, designed to give bragging rights to a club, not an individual.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      This kind of smack talk leads to something I've been dreaming of for a little while now - a NW club championship. Each club sends 5-6 representatives to compete in a points style tournament. Prizes would be bragging rights and a travelling trophy. The tournament would be handled by a different club each year, so the location would vary. Milo one year, Dexter another, then perhaps Whistlers, Steilly, etc....
                      I really like this idea!! here in Olympia we are ready! TEAM OLY will take on any challengers. that would be cool to see all the different clubs having teams playing against each other. We play in such a AWESOME sport!!!!
                      Team HOSER:dancing:
                      Team OLY:cheerleader:
                      Team Meteor

                      "Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                        Hey Tim Everybody is from somwhere else.
                        Hey JUB what planet are you from?!
                        Team HOSER:dancing:
                        Team OLY:cheerleader:
                        Team Meteor

                        "Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                          They have an A in their name? DAve, NAte, Avery!

                          Bob

                          They also have an E in their name: DavE, NatE, AvEry!
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Scott when are you going to step up ...you have a lot of ideas...put them on paper and get it rolling.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                              They also have an E in their name: DavE, NatE, AvEry!
                              How could I have overlooked this? But I think the real answer is that they ALL played the Beaver State Fling NOT the Eugene Celebration.

                              Bob

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X