X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship feed back

I know the thread got long but this is what some of us think would work for a State championship in the fall.

PDGA c tier event, two days Saturday 36 holes and Sunday a final 18.

Have all division - You need at least 4 to make a division. Were looking at using two courses or maybe Milo or Hornings hide out. We could go to Corvalis and use two courses there but we could go to any courses nothing set yet.

We would need someone to be willing to take on being TD but your not alone there is plenty of help already. This is more of a test to get a state championship back and running again. I know its hard to please everyone even myself but this is a step in the right direction. Oregon disc golf has changed alot since I started playing when we only had Rockwood and that we would be lucky to have 15 players show up for events but myself and others have been looking for a true state championship for awhile and this would be a start.

so let me know what you think I need the input plus it would be nice to also hear from some old timers outside of the Portland metro area.

Thanks
    X - Man

I personally have never had a problem with the way Disc Golf Depot was running the Oregon State Championships every year at Timber Park in the past. But, with the way the sport is growing Nationally, and more importantly here in Oregon and the NW as a whole, I believe a PDGA sanctioned event is the way to go to keep growing Oregon as the disc golf destination we all know it to be. The old way it was ran was not really a good way to determine the Oregon State Champ. Something sanctioned that will attract more players from all across the state would be a much better way to truly decide the Oregon State Champion. Thats just my opinion.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

i think Horning's would be a great place to do this unless we can get camping on the course at Milo like for the Fling then we would have area's for the field events also......
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

milo is the best bet imo. especially with camping. hornings sounds sweet, but i'm still skeptical about the baskets used for an official pdga oregon championship. for it to be official, and again this is in my personal opinion, i would like this to occur on A tier courses.

what about dabney? any camping around that area? seems like it would be easy to have two rounds of 18 and then one round on sunday for pros (vice versa for ams). with that said Dabney is a great course that rarely gets pdga attention....
        maybe we could even get good ol' mcmenamins in on the action... double
        Last edited by Dr. Zaius; August 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM.
        May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
          i would like this to occur on A tier courses.
          what about dabney?
          No offense Will, but this made me laugh pretty heavily!

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
            Perhaps we could have an ambulance on hand as a sponsor, if we end up not needing the capacity for injury we can always use the siren and lights to start rounds!
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

really? man, i know it's been a few years but i always thought that dabney was pretty nice! why would an ambulance be necessary? muggings? an ignorant mid-valley disc golfer wants to know....

Comment

I play Dabney regularly, and I don't know what he's talking about either.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

really? man, i know it's been a few years but i always thought that dabney was pretty nice! why would an ambulance be necessary? muggings? an ignorant mid-valley disc golfer wants to know....
                  It's a very, very cramped course for serious tournament play. The bottom section is always a big problem for speed of play, and the holes are in such close proximity to each other that it can be pretty dangerous at times.

Not a good place for serious tournament golf

Comment

It's a very, very cramped course for serious tournament play. The bottom section is always a big problem for speed of play, and the holes are in such close proximity to each other that it can be pretty dangerous at times.

Not a good place for serious tournament golf
                    Yeah maybe...but it's a hell of a course for my Dabney Dubz!!! On nights with 60 people on the course it can be cramp and the play is slower. Still very proud to be the TD for Dabney Dubz.

Comment

ah. hence never seeing tourneys there. well, i'm glad that i could at least provide a healthy chuckle.

Comment

ah. hence never seeing tourneys there. well, i'm glad that i could at least provide a healthy chuckle.
                        Dabney is a challeging course but your right its tight on the bottom but that will change down the road. What the feed back has stop any more ?
                        X - Man

Comment

as well you should be....I will be bummed when we finish again this year...Thursdays will be..alas...just another day.thanks Kevin..the last 4 years have been a blast

Comment

Originally posted by dooley View Post
                            as well you should be....I will be bummed when we finish again this year...Thursdays will be..alas...just another day.thanks Kevin..the last 4 years have been a blast

Originally posted by Madrid
                            Yeah maybe...but it's a hell of a course for my Dabney Dubz!!! On nights with 60 people on the course it can be cramp and the play is slower. Still very proud to be the TD for Dabney Dubz.
                            Dooley you missed the quote for your answer.........i got your back old man.....
                            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

thanks again Keith for your work here, two days , multiple courses, anywhere sactioned or not, milo not being my favorite is still a great idea with 36 there and 18 at timber and 18 at dabney, drove farther between courses at the worlds, that's 72 different holes, just like the big boys, I believe four rounds should decide it, it's nice to get people home earlier on sundays though too, i've played full tournaments at dabney before abd didn't think it was any worse than other places, and a slow round at dabney is still quicker than some of the 4 hour rounds i've had in the oregon series and soss series with multiple ghost groups, i'd love to t.d. the event but we have one course with a great feild next to it, and other parks to set up a temp course, camping could be arranged i'm sure, the depot could bring the trailer for script, let's have another more capable club come up with a plan too. let's just get er done, we have some of the best golfers in the world here ,we should make a venue they want to attend and have one of the elite state championships in the country, enough said for now and thanks again keith for gettingn this rolling

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X