Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REDFIVE
    started a topic easy on the eyes

easy on the eyes

Playing to improve and concentrating on my golf game I had not recently been paying attention to one of the major factors that got me hooked on this game. This is the beauty of some of the courses we are so lucky to find ourselves surrounded by from time to time. The landscape around the course can be much more enjoyable than the course itself.

What is the most beautiful piece of land you have been able to play golf on.

My vote is for NAD. I grew up with woods much like the ones that house the baskets in bremerton. Those trees and shrubbs and terain make a great day of observing, throwing the occasional disc too.
    Have fun!

• ryanajanes
    replied
    i tried to play there in the wind, and couldnt deal with it, so we left and played dabney, which had no wind despite being somewhat close. so if anyone else is dissapointed with how windy rooster is on a given day, try playing dabney instead

Leave a comment:

• erp
    replied
    I've played there in the snow and it was unreal as well - frozen waterfalls hanging under crown point...

I've also played in 45 mph sustained winds with 60 mph gusts - one drive on 1E went 300 feet BACK into the parking lot after making it 100 feet forward and 200 left, I told my friend, look on the bright side, you just drove 600 feet!

Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
    i have only played courses in oregon. but i would have to say the most beautiful spot i have seen is rooster at dusk. looking up the gorge is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• ryanajanes
    replied
    i have only played courses in oregon. but i would have to say the most beautiful spot i have seen is rooster at dusk. looking up the gorge is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• RonTheWhip
    replied
    Most beautiful course? Tough question. Whistlers is up there, most mountain courses are unbelievable. Pier at dusk is amazing, Milo is amazing, wow - toughie. I cant decide, I think most disc golf courses are beautiful places!

Leave a comment:

• RonTheWhip
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    You've played Black Mouse, right? That's one of my favorite courses anywhere.
    I've played the mouse. super fun course. I think Sexton has the course record these days, hehe.

Leave a comment:

• kyle95
    replied
    the best looking courses that i have played are dalaiwood and pier park. they are two great wooded courses.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    I think they replanted maybe?
    I highly doubt it.

My eyes can't be that bad, can they?
    Yes, they can.

As a kid, I used to walk through my Grandfather's cherry orchard to get to Sorosis park. Sadly, that was about 25 years before the dg course.

Leave a comment:

• "Over the Hill" Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Cherry orchards
    I think they replanted maybe? My eyes can't be that bad, can they?

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    My top three in no particular order:

Whistlers
    Whistlers
    Whistlers!

On a clear day Sirosis has to be on the list. My first visit there, you stand in one place and turn your head for a spectacular view of Mt. Hood, apple orchards, vineyards, turn your head the other way and view the Columbia, Mt. ????? (just blanked on the name).

And really the most beautiful courses I have played are the ones where my wife is with me.

Bob

Cherry orchards

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Mt. ????? (just blanked on the name).
    Adams. It's much more prominent from Sorosis than Hood is.

Leave a comment:

• "Over the Hill" Bob
    replied
    My top three in no particular order:

Whistlers
    Whistlers
    Whistlers!

On a clear day Sirosis has to be on the list. My first visit there, you stand in one place and turn your head for a spectacular view of Mt. Hood, apple orchards, vineyards, turn your head the other way and view the Columbia, Mt. ????? (just blanked on the name).

And really the most beautiful courses I have played are the ones where my wife is with me.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• ChUcK
    replied
    Trophy Lakes in SC is gorgeous. Lake Casitas as well. For local courses Lucky Mud is the true jewel.

Leave a comment:

• aaron
    replied
    LUCKY MUD

Leave a comment:

• erp
    replied
    Hard to choose...

So to illustrate my point, I wouldn't normally rank Dabney as the most beautiful in the area, but last Friday evening on 4, I walked up to my drive and looked toward the basked only to see a second year fawn eating apples directly between me and the basket with a setting sun behind both (crappy iphone photograph illustrating the incident attached...)

The deer refused to move, even as my Super Roc glided about 10 feet in front of it's head (for an easy par...to heighten my pleasure...)

The moment was gorgeous and sublime and mostly attributable to my having lucked into a wonderfully aligned set of circumstances at the perfect moment.

Rooster in late summer when the Pileated Woodpecker are cruising the cottonwood tops at sunset can be kinda neat too...
    Last edited by erp; May 8th, 2010, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X