Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

locally i'd say whistlers, I really like hagg too., crystal mtn. is on top of my list though if you haven't been there it is a must, take the ski lift to the top and play down 8 to 10 mile walk it's unbelievable, water works in k.c. was pretty spectacular as a course not so much the surroundings like the mountains but very beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
      I do love Horning's Hideout Canyon course - the ones that are in the wooded area is my personal favorites.. the shelter from the sun, but at the same time - the greens from the trees and crazy bushes.
      How could I forget HH?

Like I said, we're very lucky to have so many beautiful courses in our area.

Comment

My personal favorite up here is NAD since it reminds me so much of my old hometown - Big Basin Park in Santa Cruz Mountains.
        You've played Black Mouse, right? That's one of my favorite courses anywhere.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yeah, again about the timing: The grass is burned to tan by the recent heatwave. The open areas have been transformed. I've had a few weeks off from the mowing and the dandelion stems have grown. Is that better than the trimmed green fairways, or just different? Day to day, season to season, year to year, every place will have its moments. I'm so glad to see it roll by.

--The fool on the course
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            You've played Black Mouse, right? That's one of my favorite courses anywhere.
            Here's the kicker.. I grew up in Santa Cruz.. I haven't played at any of the local courses there! UGH! Next time i go down to visit my crazy family - I plan to stop and play at those courses (Black Mouse, DeLavega Park, Lake Pinto, UCSC, etc!)
            Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
            DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Here's the kicker.. I grew up in Santa Cruz.. I haven't played at any of the local courses there! UGH! Next time i go down to visit my crazy family - I plan to stop and play at those courses (Black Mouse, DeLavega Park, Lake Pinto, UCSC, etc!)
              UCSC doesn't really have a course. They have some objects, somewhere around the East Field, and lord knows they should have a real course, but I wouldn't bother with what's there now.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I much rather be at Henry Cowell Park or at Big Basin instead.. much beautifuler there than elsewhere.. That's why NAD is "eye-candy" for me! I just love it!
                Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

I much rather be at Henry Cowell Park or at Big Basin instead.. much beautifuler there than elsewhere..
                  Well then you definitely need to play Black Mouse. The back of the course is about 200 feet from Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Early mornings at Pier are that way too - slanted sunlight winking through lighting up wispy fog...but I can't call a course better than another...the right moment, the right light, and the right mood on any of the courses I play is sublime and amazing.

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                    Mt. Bachelor for views. I love taking the lift up and and seeing the south sister so close, as well as hundreds of lakes in the valley below.

Fountain Hills, Az, for water on a course. It's like a larger trojan, not as natural as trojan, but way more manicured.

Deven's Hill, Ma, for natural terrain integration. Phenomenal job of designing the course with the terrain, rather than against it! Also, has the best tee signs I've seen, which is necessary when some of the shots go up or down by as much as 90' in elevation! If you're in the Boston area and want to get your disc on, I would highly suggest that you go to Devens Hill instead of Maple Hill!

Pier Park, for wooded beauty. I know it's in town and all, but playing Pier just as dusk falls is one of the most beautiful experiences in all of disc golf for me. The casual players vacate the course, and the sun's last beams of light penetrate the forest canopy in shards, add a little fog to that and I often stop golfing and just stare.

Comment

Hard to choose...

So to illustrate my point, I wouldn't normally rank Dabney as the most beautiful in the area, but last Friday evening on 4, I walked up to my drive and looked toward the basked only to see a second year fawn eating apples directly between me and the basket with a setting sun behind both (crappy iphone photograph illustrating the incident attached...)

The deer refused to move, even as my Super Roc glided about 10 feet in front of it's head (for an easy par...to heighten my pleasure...)

The moment was gorgeous and sublime and mostly attributable to my having lucked into a wonderfully aligned set of circumstances at the perfect moment.

Rooster in late summer when the Pileated Woodpecker are cruising the cottonwood tops at sunset can be kinda neat too...
                      Last edited by erp; May 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

LUCKY MUD

Comment

Trophy Lakes in SC is gorgeous. Lake Casitas as well. For local courses Lucky Mud is the true jewel.
                          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

My top three in no particular order:

Whistlers
                            Whistlers
                            Whistlers!

On a clear day Sirosis has to be on the list. My first visit there, you stand in one place and turn your head for a spectacular view of Mt. Hood, apple orchards, vineyards, turn your head the other way and view the Columbia, Mt. ????? (just blanked on the name).

And really the most beautiful courses I have played are the ones where my wife is with me.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                              Mt. ????? (just blanked on the name).
                              Adams. It's much more prominent from Sorosis than Hood is.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                                My top three in no particular order:

Whistlers
                                Whistlers
                                Whistlers!

On a clear day Sirosis has to be on the list. My first visit there, you stand in one place and turn your head for a spectacular view of Mt. Hood, apple orchards, vineyards, turn your head the other way and view the Columbia, Mt. ????? (just blanked on the name).

And really the most beautiful courses I have played are the ones where my wife is with me.

Bob

Cherry orchards

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X