Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel for ya man , you do more in oregon than washington, you probably feel more like an oregon player, if it does end up by regions, I could see someone giving leeway,

Comment

If done right, with adequate planning, and well executed, I see the potential for not just an Oregon Championship, but a standard by which we could see a Washington Championship, a California Championship, a Nevada Championship and so on. Maybe a National Championship? A few days of banter on the forums and rushing to get something on the schedule, just for the sake of getting something done right now isn't, IMO, the way to do it. As we have seen here there are many ideas of how it should or could be done. At this point it is still too divisive to go forward without alienating a lot of people. More thought needs to go into this, again IMO, and do it right. I know we are "jonesing" to crown a champ, but lets do it right. Not this year but next.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
        then why call it the Oregon State Championships, the whole point is the state of Oregon, so if someone who has never been to Oregon comes and wins you would have no problem with the trophy hanging on the wall in Berlin, what's wrong with an out of state champion trophy, so if we have an Oregon team for team golf someone from Washington could be on it, it's not a true state championship if people from outside the state or competing for the crown, I don't know why you would want to be a state champion from a state you don't reside, don't you have a club championship for your club members, still don't understand why someone would be upset by where they choose to live, or by what club they belong to, I'm a very good pool player got just as many trophies there, when trying to win a yearly spot in vages you qualify by were you live, no one from outside the state is at the beach trying to be the state champion, first you have to play yourself out of your county, then you move up to state, then you move on to nationals, bob's way is alot like that, sounds good to me qualify from your area, then move up to the finals, still back to the same thing why would you want to be a champion from a state in which you don't reside
        I don't know, it may seem crazy, but how many people compete in the US Championships of disc golf or ball golf that are not from the US? Is it silly of them to want to compete or try to win the Championship just because they are not from the US?
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
          Jub you must be on drugs and don't get the point. The state event is for all levels of players in the state not just one group. The only reason to make the state championship PDGA is for the insurance and plus it brings in some of the players who only play pdga events and in Oregon you need insurance at most courses. we don't carry the million dollar insurance policy down here for each course like you do up there.
          Correct me if I am wrong but If you pay to use a state park in ORE and they still require an additional policy for each event?

I believe the Million dollar rider is because of herm's confrintational attitude towards the city of SeaTac. I know the "Working Relationship" I have with the city of Arlington requires me not to need a separate policy for DG events

Jub lance and I would come up there to kick your ass but its not worth our time. I think you need a good ass kicking so I will give HERM a call so he can take care of some light work for us.
          I am pretty sure I have been called out here; is there not some rule about this type of behaviour or is this like the old days?

KSB I am also sure Lance understood my example. But clearly you did not.

And your BOY herm does not bother me in the slightest. One thing is for sure He will be going back to jail if he does as you put "do some light work for us." If all works out you should be joining him. Hope you like all home games.

Now back to our show.

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
          KSB And The ORE SC has been non sanctioned and local (at your home course no less) I am curious why don't you support the current event. It already has most of your points included. Residents only, Non Member or Sanctioned, All divisions. What's left? The only thing left is the TD.
          Answer the questions.
          rewindb.com

Comment

yes if you want a real oregon champion, I personaly would feel that I'm disrespecting the natives if I was not one of them, and in ball golf only the top players outside the u.s. get to play, they are not welcome like me and you to try to qualify for the u.s. open, thousands of people every year try to qualify for the u.s. open and it depends on where you live, and those tournaments are also apart of a championship seriers, the u.s. ametuers is only for people in the u.s. and again it goes by where you live, the original british open was only open to club members, then to all brits, then once money was the main factor for sponsers and ticket sales then they started inviting the best of the world to play, now you have to qualify, same with our open, it was u.s. only to start, I don't see that we are in that same situation, hell why not make the fling the state championships that way your assured the best players are here from all over, people will have different opinions and the powers to be will decide what they think is right, an out of state trophy seem easy enough to me, comes back to the same ol thing, why would you want to, seems disrespectful

Comment

thanks again keith at least we were talking about it, I doubt anyone else will try to get er done, I'll t.d. it, but we would need outside help with a few things, and wortman can hold it again

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp
                Guys forget it not worth my time or sponsor time to try and help out. some of you make a big deal out of nothing and something that is fun. the Oregon state title is just that something for Oregon players. Flash Im sorry that there our members that are out of state but that has nothing to do with helping one state do something good for disc golf. disc golf should be fun some of you act like you need a lawer to get this done.

Jub I was joking but I guess everyone is right about you. you are no good for the sport or its growth. you are what I call a fun sucker have a good life.
                Dude, I understand that you are passionate about wanting to see a championship happen in Oregon, I think it is a great idea. You started this thread with asking for someone to step up and run an event. When guys offer to help or suggestions in how it could look you quickly shut them down and say that it should only be run one way.

If you want to hold the event a certain way then be the TD and run the event the way you want it. If it is a good event then people will sign up. Nobody on this forum is saying that you have to do anything you don't want to do.

I agree with Jub as well, well kind of. I think personal attacks should be done in person not on a forum where things can blow up. They need to stop, it is what turned me off from another disc golf forum

Don't just throw your hands up in the air because you don't like the feedback that you are given. Work with the community not against it.

Again just my thoughts, take them for what they are worth.
                Member of Stumptown DG #82
                Member of PDGA #34367

Comment

If Stumptown doesnt want to take on this type of event, get a TD to run it, and Im sure I could get the Hagg crew to help run it. We were a big part of the 2009 Oregon Deaf Disc Golf Championship event, and I am sure I can get them to help out this event.
                  All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Brian thanks for your input and your right about Jub but I know him and lived up there for two years at first I was joking with him but I dont care any more what he says.

The only thing I dont agree with what people are saying is make this a series a state championship is one event not a series.Plus is just not what people have said on this forum its also people who dont get on the forum have said. There are all kinds of players and yes we all have way of doing things but I have played in almost every state championship that this state has run since the 80,s it has been one weekend event so I dont see the point of making it a series and so does alot of players not just the few who have responded on this forum. I have been trying to please all sides but when you think you got it so it will work then others want it a different way or they say Im not playing that is why I said Im done. I got alot of crap from players because some say I wont play unless its PDGA and got more crap from players saying I wont play because its PDGA and I have to pay more to play in state event than a PDGA player does.

I think maybe down the road some one will run it again but to me its not worth trying to be a people person pleaser. I have done this for years and it means more to me now more than ever to help put courses in the ground than helping with events. there are to many types of players and some player groups only want to see it one way and dont relize that there is many types of disc golf players. I see all sides of these groups this sport has been around for awhile even before the Pdga and Im sure over the years there will be more groups. I hope one day Oregon players will understand that there are all kinds of groups who play this sport and that one is not better than the other because they our a national,state,county.city,park group and weekend players.

Im happy to share the info I have collected to anybody who wants to run this event as of right now and that Hornings hideout is happy to host this October 17th and 18th date is what Bob said would work great and who ever runs this event I will be there to play and suport this event.
                    X - Man

Comment

This talk about state championships got me wondering about what other states are doing.

For 2008, there were fifteen PDGA sanctioned state championship tournaments (Texas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Illinois, Georgia, New York, Michigan, North Dakota, Idaho, South Dakota, Iowa, Hawaii, Colorado, and Montana. All of the tournaments allowed out of state competitors and seven of the fifteen tournaments were won by someone from out of state (MPO).

Colorado was the only state to have split weekends (pro/am)

I found it interesting that Dave Feldberg is the current state champion in both Colorado (Sept 2008) and Alaska (June 2009).

Comment

It's funny that so many oregonians are worried about someone from out of state taking their title when 3 of the top 6 finishers at worlds this year were from Oregon.

I played my first Oregon tournament last weekend and had a blast playing Bryant and Waterloo. There are a lot of really good players in Oregon and there seems to be just as much state pride about how good the courses and players in Oregon are. What better way to establish a dynasty than to defend your state title against all challengers on your home courses.

Nate Sexton has been kicking ass up in Washington for longer than I have been disc golfing and all he's doing is making everyone he's beating up here determined to practice more and get better.
                        Read this ^

Comment

i believe when all these state championships were originated you needed people from other states to have a quality field, we don't, i still don't understand why you would want to, seems a bit unfair, lets put this on the grandest scale of all, why do we seperate countries at the olypics, because what you call home is what you should defend, is what you should represent, being from where you are should mean something

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                            It's funny that so many oregonians are worried about someone from out of state taking their title when 3 of the top 6 finishers at worlds this year were from Oregon.

I played my first Oregon tournament last weekend and had a blast playing Bryant and Waterloo. There are a lot of really good players in Oregon and there seems to be just as much state pride about how good the courses and players in Oregon are. What better way to establish a dynasty than to defend your state title against all challengers on your home courses.

Nate Sexton has been kicking ass up in Washington for longer than I have been disc golfing and all he's doing is making everyone he's beating up here determined to practice more and get better.
                            Washington state championships have been going on for a long time they have let out of state players compete but you cant win the trophy. the title can be won by a washington player only and I think they are close to going on 30 years or better. alot of states have not had state championships for that long. Oregon and Washington had two of the longest running in the country but Oregon changed over the years and was missed a couple of times.
                            X - Man

Comment

I could not agree more....I was stoked to keep the BSF trophy for adv. masters in Oregon and I believe it was possible because I feel I play with and against the best players anywhere.I would hope any State champ of any sport would be proud to represent their state at a National event...I would

Comment

Washington state championships have been going on for a long time they have let out of state players compete but you cant win the trophy. the title can be won by a washington player only
                                Your right KSB but it's just as wrong here as it is there, That's why only about 35-40 players play the WA State Champ so it's kind of a joke. I won the WA. State Adv Master in 02, field of exactly one. Not much trumpeting there.

Maybe this is all because ORE is afraid of Sandy and little Santos. lol
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X