Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote for separate Pro/Am weekends using multiple courses.

Maybe an elimination (last man standing) type of State Championship.

PDGA sanctioning would be a plus because it's nice to see the round ratings and the online record keeping.

Sean

Comment

PDGA sanctioning and the benefits therein (online results, ratings, rules, tournament standards, etc) are worth much more to me than the $3. I'm not even including the potential benefits to TDs (insurance, etc).

Can a non-sanctioned tournament be as high quality as a sanctioned tournament. Absolutely! Even then, the results and ratings alone are worth the $3 to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
        (I Assuming you are talking about Disc Golf Events, if referring to PGA events similar criteria is required)
        This may be true but you also need to be a member of the PDGA to compete, you must also qualify based on previous play in the case of the World Championships and US Championships!!!!
        I was actually thinking of both PDGA and PGA (although I didn't explicitly state it) events.

Also, I was justifying my position on why a single event is appropriate to crown a champion, as opposed to crowning a state champion based on some points system (or other) across an entire series of events. I was not offering an opinion one way or the other with regard to qualification of said event or whether you should (or should not) be a PDGA member, Oregon resident, etc.

Comment

Flash if you pay your membership for the year you plan on playing in more than two events unless your a first time member and just getting started playing events. I know for a fact you will not see 600 players wanting to compete for the state title also that brings up another subject to have the pro event one weekend and the am another weekend. the other way to do it is have two courses and split the field.

Yes you would crown all divisions as long as you have 4 or more to make a division we have always done that in the past. also depending on were the event was held and its not pdga you can prove that there is insurance like with the state or other special events. I worked in the beer industry for 16 years and ran all kinds of events with the state and other parks dept. and depending on the crowd size and event you can be insured and show proof.

Okay this is enough about PDGA or not we will see when we can agree on a park and who,s the TD .

If a two day event what kind of format 2 days of 36 hole at two course or 36 holes at one course and 18 at another course or what ever.
          X - Man

Comment

Milo- BSF layout. Why not crown the champions on the best course in the state?!
            2 days = 36 first day, 18 second (helps those that travel- otherwise I'm for 72 holes over two days.)

Comment

Keith, I don't think that you can get all of these Portland golfers to participate in an event if it isn't sanctioned. as if it's a requirement to have a good event or something.
              whoever steps up and runs the event should decide how and where. I like the idea of a 2 day event with 2 courses involved- ams and pros split the courses-ams here and pros there. switch on sunday- you would need to have the courses close to each other and a central spot for registration, awards and meetings- can you get the state parks to get the 9 baskets from Benson and expand Milo? 2ea 18 hole courses and the infamous Timber right across the river- I know Timber.... Boring! just expand the holes to make them longer- like #3 tee to #4 basket...
              jabber
              the only good salad bar is a drive through-

Comment

Originally posted by jabberjawsteve View Post
                Keith, I don't think that you can get all of these Portland golfers to participate in an event if it isn't sanctioned. as if it's a requirement to have a good event or something.
                whoever steps up and runs the event should decide how and where. I like the idea of a 2 day event with 2 courses involved- ams and pros split the courses-ams here and pros there. switch on sunday- you would need to have the courses close to each other and a central spot for registration, awards and meetings- can you get the state parks to get the 9 baskets from Benson and expand Milo? 2ea 18 hole courses and the infamous Timber right across the river- I know Timber.... Boring! just expand the holes to make them longer- like #3 tee to #4 basket...
                jabber
                Hey Steve its just not the Portland golfers Im trying to get its the whole state like the guys down south and east of Mt. hood. that has been one of the problems in the past is the portland area crowd always taken care of it. how to invold the whole state?. I aslo think with all the courses thats down between salem to corvalis is alot of choice for hosting a event. also with Dexter and being able to use some of the other state parks for temp courses would work better than having it at milo. Even the bend area has enough courses to host it. I think it would be great to move it this time from the portland area to get more invold.
                X - Man

Comment

What about Hornings and Stub Stewart?

Comment

Originally posted by shonfry View Post
                    What about Hornings and Stub Stewart?
                    Hornings would be a great place because they are working on the third and they are putting concrete tee pads plus you can camp over night and they have there own insurance for special events. good choice old man.
                    X - Man

Comment

Okay this is my last post for the day so let me know what you thinK. I have been talking on the phone,email and the forum all day and this is what I think might work and we can get it done this year to see how it goes

We have a two day event pdga c tier for pro and ams this fall. make it 36 holes on Saturday and a final 18 on sunday. make it pre register only and try to set field amount for each division.

Divisions.

Pro men and women - pro master - Grandmasters - advance - AM - Juniors must have four players to form a division.

Also at the event invite all disc golf venders and have a disc golf festival at the event. even get people to put on clinics and also have forum to discus disc golf events for the future or fact finding. this is the best I could come up with and this is with all info collected that would please the mass. I have made a couple of calls for Possible sites that might be able to handle all of us but still open to any other ideals plus need people to help run the event and a main Td. Im going to help but need some young and strong help because these old bones dont work as fast and good like they use to.
                      X - Man

Comment

Sounds good. I would help with the clinics if needed.

Comment

Keith Smoke blower you sound like every other DG, you want to see this but don't want to run it. With all I have read so far the TD would be most likely a figure head. You have decided on a format, divisions, somewhat of a time frame and NO non ORE. residents can win ( personally I think this is divisive crap). KSB you offer a future but your rhetoric is form the past. I am not even sure the pDGA will sanction a Tourney that has unjustified limits on participation.

Here is a good one
                          Say Climo or Schultz want to play, They win but can not champs of ORE

Another Local one
                          Say Chandler wanted to play, First He has supported and finished in the top players this year in ORE series events but he can't win it either. Why would he want to attend or anyone else for that matter? This in my opinion dilutes the field before it has even thrown a disc.

pDGA or not?
                          Why do you even care, If it's only for Ore golfers, Why pay all the fee's and short the payout. Someone mentioned all the benefits of the pDGA like rules and standards and such. Does that mean if it's not sanctioned the rule/standards are null and void or does it come down to the TD's integrity not to mention the players?

Fee's depending on Tier
                          C is about $3-$4 per player/current membership
                          B is about $5-$7 per player/current membership.
                          WE all know about the $10 non fee's
                          Milo has like a $1000 rental fee for the weekend + you still need insurance.

Insurance
                          Do you realize other organizations allow groups to use their policies.

Here is a better idea to showcase the strength of DG in the NW
                          Have a true NW championship, There are like 4-5 series running right now.
                          ( WA, ORE, NW, INW, SKI) Why not have the top 10 from each division's finalists be the start of the pool. The idea of the rotating the event is a good one

PS KSB thanks AGAIN for screwing SeaTac.
                          rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                            Keith Smoke blower you sound like every other DG, you want to see this but don't want to run it. With all I have read so far the TD would be most likely a figure head. You have decided on a format, divisions, somewhat of a time frame and NO non ORE. residents can win ( personally I think this is divisive crap). KSB you offer a future but your rhetoric is form the past. I am not even sure the pDGA will sanction a Tourney that has unjustified limits on participation.

Here is a good one
                            Say Climo or Schultz want to play, They win but can not champs of ORE

Another Local one
                            Say Chandler wanted to play, First He has supported and finished in the top players this year in ORE series events but he can't win it either. Why would he want to attend or anyone else for that matter? This in my opinion dilutes the field before it has even thrown a disc.

pDGA or not?
                            Why do you even care, If it's only for Ore golfers, Why pay all the fee's and short the payout. Someone mentioned all the benefits of the pDGA like rules and standards and such. Does that mean if it's not sanctioned the rule/standards are null and void or does it come down to the TD's integrity not to mention the players?

Fee's depending on Tier
                            C is about $3-$4 per player/current membership
                            B is about $5-$7 per player/current membership.
                            WE all know about the $10 non fee's
                            Milo has like a $1000 rental fee for the weekend + you still need insurance.

Insurance
                            Do you realize other organizations allow groups to use their policies.

Here is a better idea to showcase the strength of DG in the NW
                            Have a true NW championship, There are like 4-5 series running right now.
                            ( WA, ORE, NW, INW, SKI) Why not have the top 10 from each division's finalists be the start of the pool. The idea of the rotating the event is a good one

PS KSB thanks AGAIN for screwing SeaTac.
                            Heh... Jub complaining about divisive crap. Heh. How ironical
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                              Heh... Jub complaining about divisive crap. Heh. How ironical
                              Thanks for the laugh. Now come clean the diet coke off my keyboard and monitor.

Comment

it's funny reading about not being able to crown a champion if not everybody has a chance to play, isn't that the case with everything but the willamete open, and if your finding out whose the best Oregon player for the Oregon champoinships then why would someone from somewhere else even want to play, gee I live in Florida but I'm the Oregon champion, does that really make any sence, qualifing seems to me to be the best way, have multiple events through out the year, give out points, top point getters get in from each division, have a set number for a division to qualify for, maybe top three from each event get in, left overs based on points, even if I didn't agree with what Kieth is saying I would be alot more polite about it knowing how much of our sport and courses he has had a hand in over the years, thanks
                                Kieth for all you've done for our sport

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X