Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best finishing stretches in NW, WA and OR?

Last two or three holes on a course can play pivotal roles in last scoring swings. What do you think are the best 2-3 hole finishing stretches in the NW? By state? What makes a better finishing flourish? Dramatic scoring spread possibilities (even if introducing luck?) or finishing a course with something juicy that makes players want to come back for more? (leaves a good taste in your mouth) Finish with a par five, or a beautiful do or die par three and leave the par four or five for seventeen?

SeaTac.

Awesome.
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Actually King County Fairgrounds has a pretty nasty last three if you are not too careful. Straight downhill for 300 feet on hole 16 that most players either veer right or fly past the hole. Pretty tight entrance to hole 17 and then you have a decent slope to go up to reach the hole. On hole 18 you have to maneuver around a few trees (like a stubborn holly) and then you are only half way there which throws like a 320 foot hole.
      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Blue Lake: 15, 16 & 17 can break your round... 18 simply gives you time to wipe away the tears.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I always feel like its never over until i make it through 14 and 15 at Pier.

Comment

I'll say Four Mound Disc Golf Reserve in Spokane, the blue course (Porcupine) holes 13, 14, 15, and 18 make for a long tough finish to a round. I think I have the hole numbers right for the 3 in a row anyway. Four Mound is AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
              Actually King County Fairgrounds has a pretty nasty last three if you are not too careful. Straight downhill for 300 feet on hole 16 that most players either veer right or fly past the hole. Pretty tight entrance to hole 17 and then you have a decent slope to go up to reach the hole. On hole 18 you have to maneuver around a few trees (like a stubborn holly) and then you are only half way there which throws like a 320 foot hole.
              Sounds like "Kitsap" Fairgrounds.
              Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                SeaTac.

Awesome.
                The old 18 hole layout had my favorite stretch of finishing holes. Really, the whole back 9 was a great stretch.
                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

#18 at Elma, "Don't hit the plywood cows" or Jay will make you run up and kiss one

Comment

^^^ What? No? ^^^

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X