X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Stokely 2014 Throwing Clinics - Need Course Suggestion

After a 13 year break from disc golf I've decided to hit the road again and bring back the "National Champion Scott Stokely's 2014 Disc Golf Throwing Clinics" at 75 courses around the US and Canada. At each event I will provide a FREE throwing clinic teaching both basic and advanced disc golf techniques . After each clinic will be an optional round of random draw doubles with small entry fee. WHAT I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT 1. Which courses or regions could I expect the largest turnouts 2. Who is the contact person at that course -------------------------------------------------- EVENT DETAILS *** Each event will include a 1 hour throwing clinic followed by 1 round of random draw doubles. *** The throwing clinic will be completelyFREE and everyone is welcome. *** Doubles is optional and will cost $10-$15. *** I am looking for recreational players as well as league/tournament players. *** I will market at the event course as well as the surrounding courses so I'm looking for both the most active courses as well as the most active regions. *** These events are a great opportunity to market the sport in your city and I will work with local media and help in any way I can MY RESUME 1995-1998 - World Record for the longest throw (656' 6" - Discraft X-Clone) 1998-2000 - World Record for the longest throw (693' 3" - Discraft XL) 2000-Current - World record for the longest siderarm throw (511' 3" - Discraft XS) 1998-Current - World record for the fastest throw (91 mph - Discraft XL) 17 World and National Disc Golf Titles: *** 2 World pairs titles *** 2 World mi/xed-pairs titles *** 2 US Open Titles *** 4 National pairs titles *** 2 National Tough Shot Titles *** 2 00 37 State Titles in Disc Golf, Distance, DDC, MTA, Accuracy and Freestyle

Lakewood/SeaTac in/near Seattle WA would be a great option coming or going from portland. Keith Lionetti of Chainbangerz would be who you'd want to contact. He's very easy to work with and does a lot for the Seattle DG community. We'd be honored to have a legend as yourself. Whether or not you can make it, it is great to hear that your back in action. All the best to you and your endeavors.

JR S
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I agree with JR. It would be great to learn from a legend. Please come up to the north west Scott!
      www.rewindb.com

Comment

The Riverbend course at Milo McIver State Park in Estacada outside Portland OR needs no introduction; we would love to see you there again, Scott (I remember it was even better than Dabney Sate Park)!

The course is fantastic, has huge areas for distance throwing (and hosting large gatherings), and is quite active when the weather is nice. Looking forward to it greatly, Gawain.

Stumptown Disc Golf would be a great club to work with; they do a ton for disc golf in the Portland area (where disc golf is growing exponentially). They can be reached through this forum.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure why my post didn't space right but its hard to read. I'll post again below. After a 13 year break from disc golf I've decided to hit the road again and bring back the "National Champion Scott Stokely's 2014 Disc Golf Throwing Clinics" at 75 courses around the US and Canada. At each event I will provide a FREE throwing clinic teaching both basic and advanced disc golf techniques . After each clinic will be an optional round of random draw doubles with small entry fee. WHAT I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT 1. Which courses or regions could I expect the largest turnouts 2. Who is the contact person at that course -------------------------------------------------- EVENT DETAILS *** Each event will include a 1 hour throwing clinic followed by 1 round of random draw doubles. *** The throwing clinic will be completelyFREE and everyone is welcome. *** Doubles is optional and will cost $10-$15. *** I am looking for recreational players as well as league/tournament players. *** I will market at the event course as well as the surrounding courses so I'm looking for both the most active courses as well as the most active regions. *** These events are a great opportunity to market the sport in your city and I will work with local media and help in any way I can MY RESUME 1995-1998 - World Record for the longest throw (656' 6" - Discraft X-Clone) 1998-2000 - World Record for the longest throw (693' 3" - Discraft XL) 2000-Current - World record for the longest siderarm throw (511' 3" - Discraft XS) 1998-Current - World record for the fastest throw (91 mph - Discraft XL) 17 World and National Disc Golf Titles: *** 2 World pairs titles *** 2 World mi/xed-pairs titles *** 2 US Open Titles *** 4 National pairs titles *** 2 National Tough Shot Titles *** 2 00 37 State Titles in Disc Golf, Distance, DDC, MTA, Accuracy and Freestyle

Comment

Weird. I'll try again... After a 13 year break from disc golf I've decided to hit the road again and bring back the "National Champion Scott Stokely's 2014 Disc Golf Throwing Clinics" at 75 courses around the US and Canada. At each event I will provide a FREE throwing clinic teaching both basic and advanced disc golf techniques . After each clinic will be an optional round of random draw doubles with small entry fee. WHAT I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT 1. Which courses or regions could I expect the largest turnouts 2. Who is the contact person at that course -------------------------------------------------- EVENT DETAILS *** Each event will include a 1 hour throwing clinic followed by 1 round of random draw doubles. *** The throwing clinic will be completelyFREE and everyone is welcome. *** Doubles is optional and will cost $10-$15. *** I am looking for recreational players as well as league/tournament players. *** I will market at the event course as well as the surrounding courses so I'm looking for both the most active courses as well as the most active regions. *** These events are a great opportunity to market the sport in your city and I will work with local media and help in any way I can MY RESUME 1995-1998 - World Record for the longest throw (656' 6" - Discraft X-Clone) 1998-2000 - World Record for the longest throw (693' 3" - Discraft XL) 2000-Current - World record for the longest siderarm throw (511' 3" - Discraft XS) 1998-Current - World record for the fastest throw (91 mph - Discraft XL) 17 World and National Disc Golf Titles: *** 2 World pairs titles *** 2 World mi/xed-pairs titles *** 2 US Open Titles *** 4 National pairs titles *** 2 National Tough Shot Titles 37 State Titles in Disc Golf, Distance, DDC, MTA, Accuracy and Freestyle

Comment

I tried double spacing with the same spacing issue. Sorry that its a pain to read. Basically I'm just looking for the most active courses or regions in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. Any suggestions? Thanks! Scott Stokely

Comment

If you're coming to the Northwest, you might as well pass through Spokane and hold one here, at the Downriver Course. Contact Gordy or Wobbly Bob at the SDGA to arrange it. We've got a lot of disc golfers in the area, between Spokane and North Idaho, that would love one of your clinics.

Comment

Anywhere in Portland will easily draw a crowd. Blue Lake or McIver State Park are premier courses that would offer some great space to work with.

Comment

Hey, if we really want this guy, a.k.a. "The" Scott Stokely, a.k.a. the real deal, to decide it's worth his time to venture to our neck of the woods as one of 75 stops on a national tour, we should be making it as easy as possible for him to coordinate logistics with someone in the area. Maybe everyone's been PM'ing our esteemed guest with this information to keep things and discreet... let's go with that. (I'm looking at you here, Treelove, a.k.a. hyperlink stickler extraordinaire) Well I, for one, am willing to toss discretion out the window in favor of attracting a bonafide disc golf celebrity to make a substantial cameo at one of my local courses. That being said,

Keith Lionetti, president of Chainbangerz disc golf club in Seattle, can be reached at chainbangerz@gmail.com. The phone number at the Chainbangerz pro shop is (206) 601-1188. He's the man to talk to about marketing... and hell, if Keith doesn't get back to you soon enough, I'm Kyle Sutherland, and you can reach me in Seattle at (38six) 3six6-3eight14. Lakewood is the "nicest", most presentable course in the city, so that's where I generally take new players, but SeaTac is the challenging, professional-grade alternative a few miles south of Lakewood. Exaggerating slightly to make a point, Lakewood : Pitch & putt :: SeaTac : links. Both courses have adjacent baseball fields that are generally available. Another option off the top of my head is Shelton Springs, about a 90-minute drive south of Seattle, but well worth the trip. Best course in the greater Seattle area, hands down. Would be a good addition to the Seattle stopover, as many Tacoma/Olympia golfers might find Shelton more appealing. It could also serve as your sole Seattle destination, because Shelton's a good enough course that "if you build <your tour around> it, they will come."

Alright let's step up, guys. Give the man some seriously useful information!
                    Last edited by killa; March 12th, 2014, 12:56 PM. Reason: circumventing smileys
                    anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

PM Sent - Hope you can make it to the NW for Worlds and beyond this year!

Dion
                      Team DISCRAFT
                      NW Sign Up
                      Gorilla Boy
                      Paragon Disc Golf
                      Odwalla

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X