Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News from Wa.

http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fu...ful/2401423#wp
    rewindb.com

It's with a heavy heart I must say Peter Land (1981-2014) Died in his sleep yesterday.

He was on his way home from a business trip to NY City.
    Born on news years day 1981
    Was a true Canadian
    A pivotal member of Spartacus Moose and a man I loved as a brother
    He is survived by his wife Rene, her (their) kids and a broken heart'd DG community.

Please support the effort in the first post It is needed and will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
    rewindb.com

Comment

We have achieved our first donation for Peter's family... but we have raised the goal... lets keep it up!

ALL donations can be made "anonymous" as can the amount given ...giving is the import thing not however little or how much you're able to give!!

I know the disc golf community is a caring one, and this is one of those moments when we need to rally together to help!

EVERY dollar helps, nothing is too small!

http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fu...es-land/137205
      www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

This is truly sad news. I didn't know Peter very well, but I have crossed paths with him many times. Every time I talked with Peter he was in good spirits; I will remember him as one of the good ones - a positive person.

Peter was one of the last locals to make it into the FSO last year and I keep thinking about how excited he was to get the call off the wait list (if I remember right, he got the call less then 24 hours before the event started). For me, this will be the lasting memory I have of Peter.

RIP

Mike Rideout

Jub, thanks for sharing that great photo.
        WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

This is still shocking and unreal that this has happened. Its hard to imagine going to a tournament and not hearing Peter yelling from a far wearing bright colored gear and running up for a hug. It still feels like a dream.

Thanks for Danni starting the fundraising page. It really proves to me that the DG community is the best that they would step up to help out in this tragic event. I am not the organizer but people are getting together for a impromptu tournament at sea-tac for a memorial for Peter. One round 27 holes with a 9-30 start time this Sunday the 16th. They are asking for a $10 entry fee which will go to Peter's family. I know I will be there and will probably bring some random discs to use as some form of payout. In the end this is just a fundraiser for Peter's family and a time to enjoy with others in their stories of Peter.

I'm sure Peter will be looking from above calling out foot faults and laughing at all our missed putts. Your energy will live on through your family and the beautiful DG community here in the PNW!
          WORK LESS THROW MORE
          http://www.grippt.com

Comment

Here is the latest for Sunday's Pete Fest:

Hey all the Peter Land fans. The support and love for Peter has grown to something that is incredible but not surprising. I think everyone has seen that Peter has really impacted everyone he has met.

With this love and support, I am assuming the PeterLand Hug Fest is going to be something much much bigger than expected.

This is awesome, and with the approval and support of Brandon, AJ, Keith, and everyone else I've been talking with, here is what we plan on Sunday.

9:30 check in. 10:00 shotgun start

Tournament Central will be at the new hole 1 at Seatac. (park at the big 128th st parking lot)
            27 holes of the new course layout
            Singles format....not doubles. We want to let people in that may show up a little late.
            $10 recommended donation, but we will accept less or more.

I'm sure there is more to say/plan, but this is the basics.

lookiing forward to playing with everyone in my pajamas!

Comment

AS long as your jammers are noi those skin tight spider man ones ONLY Nancy likes
              rewindb.com

Comment

A viewing will be held Tuesday, February 18th from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Moles Farewell Tributes, 2465 Lakeway Dr., Bellingham, WA.

A celebration of Life will be held 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, February 19th at Moles Farewell Tributes in Bellingham. With rec
                eption to follow. Please wear your favorite Sports attire (Seahawks), or comfy Peter Clothes, as we all know this is what he would be wearing, loving life.

http://www.farewelltributes.com/obits/obituaries.php/obitID/158040/obit/Peter-Joshua-Land#.Uv6WGSH4GW0.facebook
                www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X