X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDGA Junior Division

I'm 16 and have been playing disc golf for about a year and a half and am looking at the option of joining the PDGA Junior Division. I'm not sure if it would be worth it and was curious how many tournaments there are around Oregon. Also, I am not sure what the talent is like and if I would get blown away at all of the tournaments. I can drive about 375' and I average around a -5 at Dallas. Just curious what you guys think as to whether it would be worth it to join.

Thanks!

Yes, join.

Comment

There is certainly value in joining if you plan on playing tournaments in the upcoming year. There are many PDGA tournaments in our area; there is something going on almost every weekend. Unfortunately, most tournaments don't offer a juniors division. If they do, there typically aren't enough juniors around to fill it. My son is 14 and seems to be similar in skill to you. He's faced with playing alone in a juniors division or playing Intermediate. For him, it's an easy choice (he's rather play against a larger field). For you, do whatever makes you happy.

Either way, you can still join the PDGA as a junior. Same benefits, only cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        There is certainly value in joining if you plan on playing tournaments in the upcoming year. There are many PDGA tournaments in our area; there is something going on almost every weekend. Unfortunately, most tournaments don't offer a juniors division. If they do, there typically aren't enough juniors around to fill it. My son is 14 and seems to be similar in skill to you. He's faced with playing alone in a juniors division or playing Intermediate. For him, it's an easy choice (he's rather play against a larger field). For you, do whatever makes you happy.

Either way, you can still join the PDGA as a junior. Same benefits, only cheaper.
        So I could sign up in the junior division for $30 and play intermediate tournaments? Or would I have to sign up as "amateur" on PDGA for $50?

Comment

Originally posted by jshryr View Post

So I could sign up in the junior division for $30 and play intermediate tournaments? Or would I have to sign up as "amateur" on PDGA for $50?

Absolutely. That's what I did for my son. He has yet to play in a Junior division.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X