X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a tourney sanctioned "question"

so were running a tourney this fall and want to get it sanctioned. This course will basically appear over night and disappear after the weekend till next year. So my question... is there anything about the course having to be permanent or "established" in the rules for sanctioning? I've read the sanctioning agreement and it mentions nothing except, money, insurance, TD, etc... Size isn't an issue as this isnt someones back yard its a campground only available to us after the season ends. Any info that may help guys???

Originally posted by mbr View Post
    so were running a tourney this fall and want to get it sanctioned. This course will basically appear over night and disappear after the weekend till next year. So my question... is there anything about the course having to be permanent or "established" in the rules for sanctioning? I've read the sanctioning agreement and it mentions nothing except, money, insurance, TD, etc... Size isn't an issue as this isnt someones back yard its a campground only available to us after the season ends. Any info that may help guys???
    Master Boot Record,

Temporary courses are A-OK by the PDGA. The document you want to read can be found here. The main thing to keep in mind is that rounds have to be at least 13 holes in order to attain round ratings.

-Gwillim

Comment

thanks for the info We've got 18 baskets so far, now off to dig up some more sponsorship. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by mbr View Post
        Make sure you check with your coordinator to schedule this event.........

At PDGA.com under TD resourses/documents you can find ALL the answers you need.

You will need a PDGA Offical as acting TD....Make sure you have approval from the "venue" to run this event on your dates....Get Insurance thru the PDGA..(if someone gets "hurt", you will VERY thankful that you have it)...etc,etc.

I can help with any other questions that you may have....

Comment

Yes... make sure to coordinate with the state rep... from Michigan as that is where you live. Though our state rep is pretty helpful... even if he is a Giants' fan.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I am grateful for all the help, ill make sure to contact the rep. Have our TD set and im grabing insurance, i fugure between the PDGA and campground we should be good if someone snaps in half during there round. Hoping all else will be well as there are no tourneys PDGA or other in the state that weekned. As long as one doesnt pop up within 25 miles before we get the OK should be alright.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X