X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregons Best signature holes.

I'm curious to hear what everyone's list is for Oregon's most visually appealling holes are... looking to get a must see bucket list to play put together. Ecample Whistlers Top of the World hole and Pier Hole 15...

I really love the genius hole at Milo. Hole 16 at Stubb & Hole 6 at pier always comes to mind. Hole 1 at Dexter is a great view & hole 8 on meadow ridge at HH is very memorable.

Comment

#26 Milo- The Stump Hole
      #9 Whistler's Bend- Shot towards the cliff
      #15 Pier- Obviously
      #? Dexter- Where you shoot the moon!
      #14 Adair- Pretty sure that's the turnover shot

Those are my top five in no particular order, and without doing more than 1 on any particular course.

Comment

Oregon's most scenic? I would add to the above suggestions: -Trojan reg: hole 8 -Trojan magnum: 1, 6, or 17 -Mt Bachelor: most of the holes -Blue Lake #18 long. great hole + Hood view

Comment

Well that was a bulleted list before I posted it

Comment

I like #6 at Pier, #6 at Mt. Hood is beautiful, and #6(?) at Dexter. Guess I like the 6th hole on most courses! ;-)

Comment

6 at Adair, (in long), is a PITA but its a fun challenge!

Comment

I don't like it, but #3 at Bryant is unique in my (albeit limited) experience.

Comment

Hole #2 Rockwood for sure has to be in there.

Comment

Hole 9 at Wilder is pretty unique with all the fallen trees and the basket pocket'd in there

Comment

Hole 14 at Tom Pearce is a nice view of the river, and throwing over the tops of all those trees is awesome.

Comment

Hole 9 at Whistler's Bend:

This is one of the best holes because of the risk/reward factor. It is very easy to reach the hole, but just about 30' behind the basket there is a 30' cliff leading down to the Umpqua river. One of my favourites in the state. I bat about .400 on the hole.

Comment

Pier #15
                          Trojan #8
                          Milo #26 of 27 (Stump)
                          Milo #9 of 27 (From Stoner Mountain down to the River)
                          Bryant #4
                          Adair #5
                          Willamette #1
                          Dexter #3
                          Whistler's #9

I could go on and on and on... We are truly a lucky group to be living here.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• jdinteg
                            jdinteg commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sam,
                            I've never heard that hill called Stoner Mountain, but I will call it that from now on! Thanks for the laugh buddy. I agree, those are both great holes. Any I can close my eyes and clearly visualize must be memorable. My current favorite is #1 and #7 Blue Lake, or #15 Long Summer Layout Pier. Love that hall of trees, when I don't hit them.

Hole #2 @ Trojan in the ORDGC Layout. Watch people play that hole from across the water and you'll know exactly what I am talking about.
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Hole 3 at Dabney old hole 2 across the pond!!!
                            PDGA # 31451
                            2 Mini Aces
                            75 Aces
                            PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                            DISC GOLF OR DIE
                            BOB CABAL
                            DISCVANGO
                            JEFF ELLIOT
                            G-MAN
                            JORDAN LEWIS
                            JEFF HAGERTY
                            JAMES GARCELON
                            SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X