X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California golf

I need advice on where to stop for a round on my way down to grass valley. Orville or weed, any ideas, magilla? Bueller?

Mount Shasta! You've got to check out their 36 hold course and let us know! It's got to be a dream!
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

stop by snap7times home courses! Rocklin and Orangevale heh... Lol.. ok you meant quality wise... Rocklin and Orangevale are both respectable courses. Auburn is closer to grass valley and is pretty good. But for on the way to Grass Valley.. Weed is ok ok, it's identical to Hyzerpines if you like that. Anderson is unique, pretty short like a vance timber mix.

Comment

Like Mystjava said, I think we'd all love to hear about Mount Shasta; I'd stop there rather than Weed.

And then, yes, Anderson is a very cool course. Not long, but fun.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

hey guess what, i'm playing shasta on sunday, whooo whooo... hopefully I can give y'all a better perspective of the course if that hasn't been done already?

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            hey guess what, i'm playing shasta on sunday, whooo whooo... hopefully I can give y'all a better perspective of the course if that hasn't been done already?
            Sunday? thought you will be at ODDGA Summer Open or you mean you will play after that?
            PDGA 38506
            ODDGA 27
            DDGA 176
            2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

on the way home ofc...

Comment

Hey Nate I will be in the Fresno area next week can you recommend any courses that are near. I already have plans to play Woodward.

Thanks,
                Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

Ahh no, i havent played any courses near fresno... only oak something in stockton and that wasn't really wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                    I will be in the Fresno area next week can you recommend any courses that are near. I already have plans to play Woodward.

Thanks,
                    Cindy
                    i played the Visalia course about 5 years ago it was alright.

they have a course in Hanford also little 9 hole 1, there also was an object course on King's River when i started back in 97 not sure what happened with that.
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the course in Weed, lots of ob's to make it more challanging, very dusty though, and easily accessible from the freeway
                      "Putt" is a four letter word

Comment

I played what I think was the blue course at shasta, well it's quite rough, you can see the baskets and all but the plants are mightyingly dry and sharp as a bi$%* and it's dusty as heck. Maybe with some time it will improve or during the "not so hot" months it will be more playable. But it does have tremendous potential.

Comment

I played what I think was the blue course at shasta...
                          If you played up a hill and then had a wacky sequence where you threw a drive, played the next hole, then finished out the previous hole, it was the blue course.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Whatever was on the far east side, the orange and blue course seemed to overlap kinda... But we were able to naviagate the holes with some difficulty.. heh

Comment

Yeah, the yellow (gold?) and blue are right next to each other...

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X