X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle Peak Open - Heart Rate on the Temp 13

During one of the rounds at the Eagle Peak Open I wore my wife's fancy new heart rate monitor with GPS.

Once the data was downloaded, there was a lot of information on the how much energy it took to play the temp 13 holes that the Rebels set up at Willamette Pass.

Turns out I used up over 1100 calories and actually climbed 2400 feet while descending 3800 feet. You can check out the results here.

Amazing how accurate the GPS was. Zoom in with the satellite picture turned on and you can see pretty much ever move I made.

I'll probably use one at Lava Launch and compare the results.

Pretty cool idea to track this kind of info. But, I can see the spot in the middle of the map where you backtracked to go pee in the bushes
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Cool on the terrain view
      educate your thinking

Comment

That's really awesome. You can even see where you had to search for a disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
          During one of the rounds at the Eagle Peak Open I wore my wife's fancy new heart rate monitor with GPS.

Once the data was downloaded, there was a lot of information on the how much energy it took to play the temp 13 holes that the Rebels set up at Willamette Pass.

Turns out I used up over 1100 calories and actually climbed 2400 feet while descending 3800 feet. You can check out the results here.

Amazing how accurate the GPS was. Zoom in with the satellite picture turned on and you can see pretty much ever move I made.

I'll probably use one at Lava Launch and compare the results.
          That is rellay cool....You can see where we looked for Camo's disc on Hole 2, for what seemed like an eternity......

Only to see it from the lift going up for the next rd.

See Ya at Lava Launch...

Comment

What GPS make/model did you use?

What was the make/model of the GPS device with heart rate monitor that you used? I am interested in trying this at Crystal Mountain, Washington. Thanks.

Comment

This is really intriguing. I played more athletic sports my entire life before coming to disc golf. I have really wondered how many calories I burn on average during a round. It would be cool to check your heart rate in a super intense scenario like during your final putt to win a tourney. I've been there before and my heart was about to jump out of my chest!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X