Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various Buzzz's... what makes each one different...

I love me some new threads whoooa baby...

Anyways... I have noticed that the Buzzz is one of the more popular discs on the market for the midrange category and since the Roc has been over discussed; I'm brining the Buzzz a special thread...

I want to inquire into why many people love the ESP buzzz but not very many people mention the cryztal buzzz.. Is it because the ESP is preferred over the cryztal or is it that the cryztal is too hard to get their hands on and have not had the chance to compare the two plastics?
    For those who have compared and still choose the ESP, why?
    I am an avid Buzzz fan and have found no place for an ESP but have not thrown it enough because I am loyal to my Cryztal buzzz'es... Curious to what other Buzzz throwers have to say on the two types...

First, the roc has not been over discussed. I guess that is the last, too.

Comment

ESP sucks...well I never liked it, FLX was even worse. If you see some of the other Buzzz threads on a few other boards you'll notice the most popular plastics are Pro D and CryZtal, with X coming in at a close third. I carry 2 Pro D Buzzzes, one light and beat, and one heavy and newer. The CryZtal when I really need to crank one as it is more stable. If I liked that bead feel I'd throw Wasps. Let's face it, the Wasp and Buzzz are the Discraft versions of the Roc, another really great disc.
      educate your thinking

Comment

when looking at the threads discussing, 3 discs or whats in your bag, esp buzzz seems to be mentioned the most with cryztal barely popping up, so wonder what reasoning is behind that on those buzzz throwers...

Comment

JMan, what about Z?
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I love the FLX ESP Buzzz!!! I hate in an absolute the regular ESP version. Seems to be a grip preference in my mind. As for the CryZtal version it seems to be the same as an Elite Z just harder and in different colors. The X Buzzz is too soft and chips out and loses it's original flight too fast. Same with the Pro D version. I have a CryZtal coming to me. FLX Buzzz for shots that have to plant and the CryZtal version for landings I want to skip or I'm not worried about the roll/skid effect.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              JMan, what about Z?
              Z and CryZtal are very simular, I have both, but tend to throw the CryZtal more in that I can find more flat tops in CryZtal. But Z is nice for glide.

Snap, check the Buzzz threads at DiscGolfReview...
              educate your thinking

Comment

All I look for in a buzzz is a dome, then chances are its stable. ESP buzzz is my preference, I like the plastic and I tend to find them more stable. Z would be my next choice, the latest run of z buzzz are sweet. Crystal has a strange feel for my liking, although they do fly very strait and you can hammer on them all day long and get smooth flights.
                Team DISCRAFT
                NW Sign Up
                Gorilla Boy
                Paragon Disc Golf
                Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                  Z and CryZtal are very simular, I have both, but tend to throw the CryZtal more in that I can find more flat tops in CryZtal. But Z is nice for glide.

Snap, check the Buzzz threads at DiscGolfReview...
                  Z and cryztal similar??? I have a z, flx, and 2 cryztals in my bag, the z and crystal are the total opposite of eachother...

and you are encouraging me to betray this website and check another website; I would never dare betray this forum and be a traitor, never!

Need to throw my abrobama esp buzzz to see the differences... for now
                  z is my nice glide turnover disc
                  flx for straight woods that can either turnover or fade
                  crystal for those ace runs and super straight pretty flights... cryztal is far more overstable than anyother buzzz mold i have tried so far, but depends on the weight since cryztal is "173-178"... hope to hear more comments on this thread so i dont have to betray everyone and check dgr...

Comment

Z and CryZtal only tend to differ, for me, in tops. Domey or flat show greater difference than whether or not it is Z or CryZtal, the blends are too simular. ESP, leave that to Kreskin. But few of you will get that dated reference...
                    educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                      ESP, leave that to Kreskin. But few of you will get that dated reference...
                      For some reason that name calls to mind "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing." Or "Superfudge."
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yep, the Buzzz is the mid range that many are going out, trying and loving. I think the reason you don't see so much discussion is due to the true lack of major differences. Over time I started with the X, switched to the Z and now throw fairly exclusively the ESP. The difference in all those plastics (including the Cryztal) still seems to me to be feel rather than performance. I do love the FLX for cold and wet outings but the ESP is the one for me.

I still think the best thing is that you can get an awesome, consistent midrange in premium plastic for a reasonable price (13.00 to 17.00). YAY DISCRAFT!

Later!
                        Scott Papa
                        Team Discraft
                        Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

I have to admit that I tried to force myself to throw a roc for the last year but just switched back to a buzzz... For me the ability to get a flippy midrange in great plastic and the lower profile that makes throwing it forehand better have sold me

Comment

I'm a little confused. For years, I've constantly heard that the best thing about Discraft is the consistency - every disc of the same mold flies exactly the same.

But on this thread, I'm reading that some buzzzes are domey and some are flat.

Why is that?

Comment

It is true that some molds of the Buzzz have a bigger dome style top while stuff like the ESP and FLX ESP have flatter tops. In my view the only Buzzz that flies any differently are the Pro-D versions and Buzzz SS's. Having owned at least one of every plastic variation I can safely say the difference in flight is minimal if differing at all. Although as they get beat they change. Pro-D beat turns into a turnover/roller for me. Elite X stays straight or slight turnover, Elite Z and CryZtal Z seem to stay straight with minimal fade. ESP stays straight or slight turnover if really cranked back and FLX ESP seems to maintain the straight with slight fade at the end. My favorite version of the Buzzz is the FLX. I can crank them as hard as an Elite Z/CryZtal Z and when they hit an unintended object they don't fly off as course as far. Probably due to the fact the FLX takes the impact and distributes it throughout the disc.
                              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X