Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Nate... you do realize that most pros have multiples of the same disc in their bag... right? 4 destroyers doesn't mean squat when you consider the weights and level of beatness.

Sorry... I don't rely on one disc to do what similar discs do... but mostly because a Destroyer and a Max are not similar... at all.

Did some newbie steal Nate's credentials? I am a little stunned that the Destroyer and the Max are likened by someone with experience.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I have to agree with Sam I have thrown both the Destroyer and max and they are not the same disc and also how can anyone say that Innova has a mold problem are your brand new shoes as comfortable as the old ones you replaced I think not. I believe that everyones throwing style is different I have added and also pulled disc from the bag and believe it or not the disc I was unhappy with before now has a home in my bag. The technique of individuals will change from time to time just like there disc change in time so throw what you are comfortable with and mix it up sometimes just remember to have a good time throwing some disc. NO MATTER WHAT COMPANY THEY COME FROM.

Comment

I agree with Scotty B on this one. Throw discs and be happy. I was happy with most of my purchases from Innova, except for the Skeeter, Gator and Cobra midranges. I give massive props to anybody who can throw an Excalibur like it's designed to fly. I just prefer Discraft. Notice now how this thread is a bashing point instead of a list of discs people have in their bags. Also notice that nobody has listed off any Lightning or Quest AT discs. All I'm saying is that I throw Discraft because it's my preference to do so. They fly better for me and they feel more comfortable to me. Do I think they are more accurate to their supposed flight characteristics than Innova? Yes, but they also make less discs and anybody who has ever done mass production style work knows that variances happen even though the mold hasn't changed in the slightest. Gateway has a great blog on this about the different types of softness's in their putter lines due to plastic mixing (Medium, Soft, Super Soft and Super Stupid Soft).

Just remember, Innova started the bevel-edged disc which pushed us to the this place we are at now. They forced the competition to get better and they have. Everyone should thank them even if they don't throw their plastic . I do everytime I step upon my favorite tee pad and huck a Discraft disc.

Oh yeah, last thing. I throw a Force 450 to 500 feet on a great day and about 400-425 on an good day. Regular days are 350-400. It's the disc that finally converted me to a pure Discraft fanatic. Controllable lonnngggg range distance is great in any form
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Let's not forget that innova started out as "Champion-Innova Sport Discs"
          Damn, dated myself
          educate your thinking

Comment

Hmmm, I got a sharpie, some athletic tape, bug spray, a pocket knife AND a leatherman, Ibuprofen, acetominophen, aspirin, a packet of Emergen-C, some sandpaper, matches from Tiny's from last year that don't look like they'll light anymore, a spare key for my car, a secret flask of Oban for those impromptu ace celebrations (recently added - sorry Scotty!) a flashlight, some score cards, and a thing of SPF 900 to protect my northern euromutt pallor.

Oh yeah, and some frisbees...mostly rocs...

Funny that nobody is standing up for Wham-O here!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Lie? Interesting choice of words.

I didn't say you lied. I definitely think you are exaggerating and maybe don't know how to reproduce the same throw three times in a row but I didn't say you lied.
              Correct. You did not SAY that I lied, only IMPLIED it.

I had three brand new DX XD putters. All three acted differently over the course of practicing multiple afternoons. They were all the same color, same weight, and (obviously) same mold, purchased on the same day. One was very overstable, one only slightly so, and one that was slightly understable. Thing is, it wasn't until I was 30 to 40 feet out that I actually started to notice.

This is what started me on my quest to replace the XD. And now I have, with a Gateway Wizard.

And, for the record, at any given time you will find Discraft, Innova, Gateway, and Lightning discs in my bag. Why? Because the discs I throw from those companies work best for me. I don't hate Innova - or any other manufacturer. I just have found that Discraft discs are more consistent in the discs I have purchased.

Is that enough of a disclaimer, Sammy? Maybe I should add: Limited time offer, restrictions may apply. Not valid in New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, or on the street Sam lives on. Plus tax where applicable. Not intended for use by pregnant women.
              TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Tourney bag:
                1st run Star Destroyer 170 well used
                Champion Wraith 175 no trees and will still turn over if snapped...
                dx Gazelle 175 275-350 anny drive's
                CFR Glo Eagle 325-375 long str8
                9X kc eagle 175 rollers annys anything but str8...lol
                180 Battle roc hyzer bomb
                11Xdx 179 str8 roc
                162 ce classic roc long str8 whichever line its put on
                170 ce classic roc well beat anny disc
                175 ce Rhyno overstable pig 150'< upshot forehand flicks & wind putter
                175 1998 worlds biggest dx Aviar inside 50' putter

and out of these 11 i will have rounds where i only throw maybe 5-6 of these discs...

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

You must possess brass cajones to have this in your bag!

Mine sits in a box with it's friends, only to be visited on special occasions and long winter nights...

Granted I usually have a champion Ontario along for the ride...

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                  Tourney bag:

180 Battle roc hyzer bomb

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Wow, Nate... you do realize that most pros have multiples of the same disc in their bag... right? 4 destroyers doesn't mean squat when you consider the weights and level of beatness.

Sorry... I don't rely on one disc to do what similar discs do... but mostly because a Destroyer and a Max are not similar... at all.

Did some newbie steal Nate's credentials? I am a little stunned that the Destroyer and the Max are likened by someone with experience.
                    heh, maybe the max i threw was one of those inconsistencies that is linked with the innova brand... I just got another one from Dion in our massive innova-discraft trade at BSF, which I hope had some influence on his climb to being 1000 rated lol.. anyways, i'll pull that max aside and use it in my next round. For now, my massive overstable disc is a 167 star boss which is the most overstable disc i have ever thrown to date... I have yet to find a disc to replace my glorified first run star destroyer which lays at the bottom of fountain hills, unless someone found it and knows a first run is worth keeping... In the mean time I am working on being content with my various wraiths and teerexes... I try not to carry 15 drivers every round, that bag is getting heavy on me...
                    And I agree, through time, form and strength change, which will affect the flight characteristics of the discs... I have lost dramatic distance in the past 2 years since I stopped working out vigorously, and that has affected my disc selection so...

Comment

I would like to play a round with anybody that has posted on this thread and lets swap some disc for a round and see what different technique brings to the disc. I would suggest a course that minimal chances of lost disc could happen I will carry your bag if you will carry mine just a thought you might even find something you like to throw without having to bye it first.

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                        You must possess brass cajones to have this in your bag!

Mine sits in a box with it's friends, only to be visited on special occasions and long winter nights...

Granted I usually have a champion Ontario along for the ride...

well there is a much longer story to go along with this disc....but lets say it was in with a bunch of discs i had been trying sell off and it got put away haphazardly and it ended up with a small warp in the flight plate. I tried dashboarding it and the warp stayed, so it lost its MINT status. plus i have wanted to put 1 back in my bag after the 1st 1 i had got lost after 2yrs of use......

So it is #7 of the 8 i had from the original run at 1 time i had 4 blue 2 red 1 silver and 1 black. the 1st 1 i threw was a common blue with no sigs on it.

This 1 however is a black with both Kenny and Barry's sigs on it.....

and i still have 1 blue Mint left with just Barry's sig on it.

Comment

excellent idea, there are various ways to make a round more fun... I recently showed up to play with a friend and told him to pick 5 discs and leave the rest behind, we played a round with only 5 discs each, helped us learn those 5 discs even more, then the next time it was only 3... I would be down for that, next time i'm in Oregon though...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                            excellent idea, there are various ways to make a round more fun... I recently showed up to play with a friend and told him to pick 5 discs and leave the rest behind, we played a round with only 5 discs each, helped us learn those 5 discs even more, then the next time it was only 3... I would be down for that, next time i'm in Oregon though...
                            Shoot me a PM and we will see if we can hook up for a most excellent round I love me some disc.

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                              Correct. You did not SAY that I lied, only IMPLIED it.
                              How so? By saying that I doubted that you had ever bought three of the same Innova discs at once? I don't think so.

I had three brand new DX XD putters. All three acted differently over the course of practicing multiple afternoons. They were all the same color, same weight, and (obviously) same mold, purchased on the same day. One was very overstable, one only slightly so, and one that was slightly understable. Thing is, it wasn't until I was 30 to 40 feet out that I actually started to notice.
                              Well, Mitch... I would be more likely to believe that this was due to user error rather than anything else but I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this. I have nearly a dozen XDs (all the same weights) and I can take any of them and they all fly the same way - even from as far out as 150 feet.

This is what started me on my quest to replace the XD. And now I have, with a Gateway Wizard.
                              OK... if you say so. More XDs for me, I guess.

And, for the record, at any given time you will find Discraft, Innova, Gateway, and Lightning discs in my bag. Why? Because the discs I throw from those companies work best for me. I don't hate Innova - or any other manufacturer. I just have found that Discraft discs are more consistent in the discs I have purchased.
                              Again, I am more likely to believe that this is due to user error than anything else. I do not believe for a second that Discrap is any more consistent in the real world.

Is that enough of a disclaimer, Sammy? Maybe I should add: Limited time offer, restrictions may apply. Not valid in New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, or on the street Sam lives on. Plus tax where applicable. Not intended for use by pregnant women.
                              Excuse me... I almost couldn't read that paragraph because I was too busy doing this and this
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post

when i was still learning how to throw less than 3 years of throwing "discs" i used to play round's with just my putter, i was always amazed at how well i played some of my rounds, this was always at timber, the best i have shot was -4 with a putter on the orig. placements.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X