Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well a Stick golf bag will hold more than 15 clubs....and look at Sam's disc list, the only DGer sponsered by Samsonite. (j/k sam, you know I love ya)
    educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
      ...I just like the way Discraft Discs actually do what they say they are going to do.
      Yes, and yet there are six Innovas in my bag. I still suggest that Innova's slogan be, "No Two Alike." But getting you to buy three or four to find the one you like could just be smart marketing.

Tee Shot Drivers:
      150 R-Pro Boss (added twenty to thirty feet)
      150 DX Wraith
      149 DX Wraith (soon to get the ax, new and too understable out of the box)
      160 Champion Monarch (I can turn it over without losing it completely)

Approach Drivers (full pull situational):
      167 Star Wraith (turns predictably left)
      167 FLX Surge (dependably straight, if not long)

Approach and Downhill Drivers:
      176 FLX Buzzz
      178 FLX Buzzz
      178 FLX Buzzz
      175 FLX Buzzz

Approach and Putt:
      Four Times JK Pro Aviar-X (approaches, left turn putts, and very long putts)
      Ching JU JU (long putts and big annie putts)
      Rattler (goto putter)

The driver situation will surely change when my three new ultralight R-Pro Bosses arrive this week. That 150 DX Wraith will hang around, as it's beaten in and flies right. The Star Wraith is my way stable left turner, but the goto long straights will be the Bosses.

Why four FLX Buzzes? Too much fun. Throw 'em hard, they go straight. My bag is set up for old man, me, at Lucky Mud, and there are two steep downhills that I just have to throw all four at. I gotta get at least one park job out of the four. They're also good on a couple of short holes.

So, six Innova, six Discraft, and one Ching.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I never was an Aviar fan. Always liked the XD and the Aero more so then the Aviar. Still, I keep all the Innova around for others to use. My loyalty to Discraft stems from two places. 1.) The rating system and description online makes sense. If it says stays flat and lands soft, it does. For some reason their discs are the same everytime. Very predictable. I don't like the guessing game aspect of Innova discs (went through 5 Vikings before I got another like the 1st one I fell in love with.) 2.) The Buzzz and Force are money discs. Plain and simple. I could probably just play with a stack of each in different plastics and states of wear and never really need another disc. I just like to have them
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

I believe the same thing until one of the major disc suppliers gives me there stuff to throw I will stick with what works for me at this time things could change.

Drivers
          173 Esp Surge
          172 Esp Surge
          170 Esp surge
          172 x avenger
          171 Esp avenger SS
          173 Z flicks forehand only
          173 Z XS (rollers)
          175 champion/star sidewinder (both new to the bag)
          175 champion glow destroyer (new to bag)
          172 12x star wraith
          172 champion wraith
          Mid Range
          175 Esp buzzz x 2
          175 san marino roc
          172 star aviar (short range awesome control)

putter

175 Flx challenger (new to the bag)

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
            Actually, Mr. Smarmy-Pants, I have done exactly that. On multiple occasions. Which is why I was more than happy to trade discs at the swap meet out at the RCO. I may not be as experienced as you, or throw as well as you do, but I don't just flat-out lie for the sake of continuing an argument. Though with you, I have considered it.
            Lie? Interesting choice of words.

I didn't say you lied. I definitely think you are exaggerating and maybe don't know how to reproduce the same throw three times in a row but I didn't say you lied.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
              My first thought is wow, that quite a bit of the same discs over and over again... 4 destroyers, teerex, max, and a monster; 7 discs that do almost the same thing;
              Wow! Have you actually thrown these discs? A destroyer and a TeeRex are not the same. And they are both VERY different from the Max and the Monster.

Seriously... you throw these, right?
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Well, they are Innovas.

Comment

Right. My bad. They all throw exactly the same.
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Discs on my wish list to try:
                    ESP Tracker
                    ESP 150 Class Flick
                    ESP Pulse
                    ESP Meteor
                    ESP Glide
                    Pro D Ringer
                    ESP Zone
                    Elite Z Striker
                    ESP SS Surge
                    FLX ESP SS Avenger

I hope one day they finally make a FLX Wasp cause I'll convert to it in a heartbeat!
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

No, you never know what you're going to get for sure. Example: I have two 167 Star Wraiths. One is like a Wraith (if one can really say) and one is much like a Firebird (whatever that means). Two Innovas can come from the same mold, look the same, and fly like some other mold (or variation thereof). That's the gripe about Innova, as I see it. Yet they make the drivers I can throw farthest, so I buy a few to find the one that works for me. Innova is a lottery where you buy several tickets to win one good disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Wow! Have you actually thrown these discs? A destroyer and a TeeRex are not the same. And they are both VERY different from the Max and the Monster.

Depends on a variety of factors such as arm strenght as well as the type and condition of the disc.

With my weenie arm, a new star teerex flies similar to a beat star destroyer. A new monster does about the same thing for me as a lightly worn Max.

But one of the first things I learned about discs is that individual results may vary. The disc that is the shiznit for one player may not do squat for someone else. But that didn't keep me from trying damn near every disc on the market as soon as I heard someone say it was their favorite disc.

Comment

Let's see what a have.
                          Drivers
                          175 Champion Boss
                          171 ESP Crush
                          165 Elite X Avenger
                          172 DX Firebird
                          Mid-range
                          Z Hawk. It's all I need
                          Putters
                          Wizard
                          Pro-d Banger GT
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                            No, you never know what you're going to get for sure. Example: I have two 167 Star Wraiths. One is like a Wraith (if one can really say) and one is much like a Firebird (whatever that means). Two Innovas can come from the same mold, look the same, and fly like some other mold (or variation thereof). That's the gripe about Innova, as I see it. Yet they make the drivers I can throw farthest, so I buy a few to find the one that works for me. Innova is a lottery where you buy several tickets to win one good disc.
                            Anyone who thinks that Discraft discs do not do the exact same thing are either ignorant or lying.
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Protip: do not do a google image search for "beating a dead horse" at work, particularly when your boss is in viewing distance of your monitor.

Anyway, there was a thread on DGR not long ago about what the market shares are of disc golf manufacturers. There were many estimations, but a guess of 80% Innova, 15% Discraft, and 5% Other doesn't seem too far off. When a company is making that many more discs, there's that much more room for variation. So yeah, while Discraft may have variations in their plastic, your chances of getting "out of sync" discs from Innova are that much higher.

Also, with some of these bags people are listing, I notice a key component is being omitted: a back brace!
                              Last edited by Tim; July 22nd, 2009, 10:12 AM.
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

says the guy with 4 star destroyers in his bag lol! Now there may be slight differences in flight characterisics between destroyer-teerex-max-monster... however, you will notice, the better you get or more comfortable you get with one or two particular discs, the more you rely on one disc to be able to do what the similar discs would do with slight modifications in form and strength.. For me, i am willing to sacrafice 50 feet of distance for added control and accuracy and would rather throw 3 drivers 6 times each than 6 drivers 3 times each... and all these new discs, trying them out etc really isn't helping me at all... got the special blend wraith and teerex-x recently along with the r-pro boss, plus lost my go-to champ boss.. gosh I need like 5 hours of practice each day to finally understand what I like and need, but for now, i notice i do much better when i just rely on the wraiths and teerexes for a whole round... back to the topic on hand, whats in your bag!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X