X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pier after Dark ... The Gathering.

I have had a few people suggest I set up another Pier Park night session. The last one was a blast. This time I will be going ahead of time and setting the baskets up with glowy things. Hopefully they have some of those glowy necklaces at Dollar Tree.

I want to do this next Friday night so we have time in the summer to do another in August. So July 24th is the date. Meet at 8:30 hole 1. Let's discuss glowing options again. If anyone has any suggestions for making the baskets visible I am very open to hear them. Last time it was difficult and people were running down and putting flashlights on the baskets.

I am flat freaking broke, so if I have to buy glowy things for the baskets perhaps a few people could pitch in a $1 to help out? Let's see what ideas we can come up with.

I can't make the 24th but if I see you at Pier tonight I will gladly throw a buck your way to help with the glow sticks for those that can make it.

Comment

Doh LOL .. you were one of those the one who suggested it. Bummer you can't make that day. I think Friday would be a good night for it but we could also do Saturday if more people wanted to do that?

Comment

Why don't you do it at Horning's Hideout instead? Not only is it already set up for night golf, but it is also legal to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Why don't you do it at Horning's Hideout instead? Not only is it already set up for night golf, but it is also legal to do so.

It's a long ways away AND it costs to go there. I like Hornings, but it is like 45 minutes to an hour for someone from SE Portland to get there. I picked Pier because it is centrally located between SW and SE. Yes, the park closes at dusk, but I have played a TON of night golf and never been bothered. Cops like us because we police ourselves and the park.

Comment

It is legal to do so at Pier. Portland Parks are open until midnight.

I am out of town that weekend so Saturday wouldn't work either. Hopefully I can make the August one!

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
              It is legal to do so at Pier. Portland Parks are open until midnight.

I am out of town that weekend so Saturday wouldn't work either. Hopefully I can make the August one!

ahh ok cool. I thought some parks closed at dusk. I may be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                ahh ok cool. I thought some parks closed at dusk. I may be wrong though.
                http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/...ction=ViewPark

Comment

Great that works our perfect then. well almost perfect, except that you will be out of town ..

Comment

Ok, so anyone wanna do this? Last time we had about 30ish people show up. It was fun

Comment

This sounds fun, Brian. Very likely we will want to do this.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

i ordered the 3 inch glow sticks online for around 40 cents each, ordered 50 of them, tape them on the discs with packing tape and they work great! The necklaces are cheaper online as well. There are about 3-4 major glow warehouses online... And they ship silly fast..

Comment

And as fun as it sounds, we won't make it next Friday as we will be heading up to the Mudd for some Burner action. Next time.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Bah .. ok well we will have fun without you

Comment

I am sure you will.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X