Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummer McMahan's can't make it we are out of town that weekend Maybe next time.

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      I was thinking of organizing a couples tournament. $5 per couple and depending on how many enter we could pay up to 3 places. Payment would be in the form of a gift certificate to a nice restaurant for 2.

Format would be alternate drives but best lie after that. So both parties are involved in the end score. If you have another idea on how we could format it let me know.
      Brian, given this format we just as well buy Gibsons dinner. I believe we could attract as many as 10-15 couples. How about $10 per couple and the money purchases food for the bbq? Early September we would still have plenty of daylight to meet and start play around 9:00, break for lunch, and get an afternoon round in. Play morning round with spouse and do a random draw in the afternoon. People could donate CTP's, and/or we could solicit donations from businesses.

I'd be happy to help out with the planning. (I was going to do it eventually anyway) "Over the Hill" Bob and Motherhucker will be there.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
        Brian, given this format we just as well buy Gibsons dinner. I believe we could attract as many as 10-15 couples. How about $10 per couple and the money purchases food for the bbq? Early September we would still have plenty of daylight to meet and start play around 9:00, break for lunch, and get an afternoon round in. Play morning round with spouse and do a random draw in the afternoon. People could donate CTP's, and/or we could solicit donations from businesses.

I'd be happy to help out with the planning. (I was going to do it eventually anyway) "Over the Hill" Bob and Motherhucker will be there.

Bob
        I agree, $10 a couple and donated prizes seems about right. But I also think the format needs to be a little more fair than just 'couple with lowest score'. CTPs would be better. When we did the Valentine's couples event, we had a women's CTP, as well as a men's. A washington/oregon (like at the Bad Monkey) might be a good choice too.

And none of the ladies went away empty handed, because each of us got a rose!

Comment

OTHB I would be happy to do a dual planning thing. I have never done a tournament of sorts. Although this will be more of a fun get together/BBQ with some prizes. I think your format would be lots of fun.

Comment

Brian, given this format we just as well buy Gibsons dinner.
            HA! He's seen my wife play!

Not even sure we could make this but there are lots and lots of good couples out there.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

the Smo's are in> we have no opinion at all about the format or the course. just like to hang with the homies any chance we can. We will bring Booze.
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

This sounds like a lot of fun!! Becca and I would love to play in something like this, but unfortunately we live up in Olympia WA.
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I would hope that Brian wouldn't hold that against the two of you...
                  TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                    This sounds like a lot of fun!! Becca and I would love to play in something like this, but unfortunately we live up in Olympia WA.
                    If we don't start till 9:00 that give you plenty of time to make the drive. We'd love to have you.

Bob

Comment

If we don't start till 9:00 that give you plenty of time to make the drive. We'd love to have you.

Bob
                      Yeah we sure would. It will be a fun day of BBQ and disc golf. Can't ask for more than that.

Comment

BBQ and disc golf sounds like fun. We're interested, depending on the date (summer's always pretty busy). We're real beginners, but it would be fun to see how some of the experts play, and maybe pick up a few tips.

Comment

Pretty sure we'll want in on this. We do love us some good BBQ...
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by ptld2001 View Post
                            BBQ and disc golf sounds like fun. We're interested, depending on the date (summer's always pretty busy). We're real beginners, but it would be fun to see how some of the experts play, and maybe pick up a few tips.
                            The date is Sept 5th 9AM at Timber park. Yes, I realize it is Labor Day weekend, but it was the only saturday without a major tournament. I could have done it on the 15th of August but the Discraft Ace race was that weekend and not sure if some of the people would be torn between the 2.

Comment

There's an Ace Race happening this year? Please tell me it is at Crackwood... er... Rockwood.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                                The date is Sept 5th 9AM at Timber park. Yes, I realize it is Labor Day weekend, but it was the only saturday without a major tournament. I could have done it on the 15th of August but the Discraft Ace race was that weekend and not sure if some of the people would be torn between the 2.
                                August 15th would have worked for us. Are you sure you don't want to change it?

Cindy
                                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                                Stumptown #176
                                PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X