X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couples tournament anyone?

OK, here is the plan so far. I have it set for September 5th, however I would rather do it on August 15th. The only drawback to that date is it is over the Discraft Ace race over at Glockwood park. So what i need is for people to let me know if they think the 15th or the 5th would work. I know some people can't make it on the 5th and we very much would like to see them there. So I vote for the 15th since I am not going to the ace race anyhow.

The price will be $10 for a couple and I will buy a LOT of food and the $10 will pay for it. My sister-in-law is Korean and she will cook us up some of the best Korean BBQ you have ever had. I will also make my famous feta burgers, so on and so forth. The round will start at 9am and right after we will hang and eat and after lunch, whoever wants to go out and shoot another round can do so. Over the Hill Bob is going to help figure out the contest part of it and I can do the BBQ since I am pretty good at that. Bob's idea is to have prizes but not a cash/gift certificate thing because we will spend the money on good food for everyone at the BBQ. I think he is right as the majority of us have no chance against the Gibsons LOL

Please let me know which date you can most easily make it to and we can plan it according to when people can make it. This will be a fun time

Below is my unmodified original post .. disregard it.

I was thinking of organizing a couples tournament. $5 per couple and depending on how many enter we could pay up to 3 places. Payment would be in the form of a gift certificate to a nice restaurant for 2.

Format would be alternate drives but best lie after that. So both parties are involved in the end score. If you have another idea on how we could format it let me know.

Location I was thinking if we were hardcore we could do Pier, but since my wife doesn't play maybe other wives don't play much either so they might want to do a Vance sized course. But if we do Vance then many serious golfers won't come because it is small. So let's come up with some ideas. We don't need to rent the park out or anything. We can just all show up and start shooting.

If you know of couples who don't frequent the boards here please ask if they would want to participate. it would have to be a weekend day of course.
    Last edited by Brian; July 16th, 2009, 12:12 PM. Reason: new info ..

Originally posted by Brian View Post
    I was thinking of organizing a couples tournament. $5 per couple and depending on how many enter we could pay up to 3 places. Payment would be in the form of a gift certificate to a nice restaurant for 2.

Format would be alternate drives but best lie after that. So both parties are involved in the end score. If you have another idea on how we could format it let me know.

Location I was thinking if we were hardcore we could do Pier, but since my wife doesn't play maybe other wives don't play much either so they might want to do a Vance sized course. But if we do Vance then many serious golfers won't come because it is small. So let's come up with some ideas. We don't need to rent the park out or anything. We can just all show up and start shooting.

If you know of couples who don't frequent the boards here please ask if they would want to participate. it would have to be a weekend day of course.
    Just a suggestion Timber park is a good size course but also allows the ladies to get into the action or you could even look into Dabney either one would be nice. I also might suggest that if you do use a vance size course make the men play with a putter or mid that would make it more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
      Just a suggestion Timber park is a good size course but also allows the ladies to get into the action or you could even look into Dabney either one would be nice. I also might suggest that if you do use a vance size course make the men play with a putter or mid that would make it more interesting.

ahh yes, all good ideas.

Also guys it is a good opportunity for a date. nothing to say you have to be a thing yet. if you want to get to know a girl just tell them you need a partner for a tournament and then maybe you will also get a few practice sessions with them. Would be fun

Comment

ahh yes, all good ideas.

Also guys it is a good opportunity for a date. nothing to say you have to be a thing yet. if you want to get to know a girl just tell them you need a partner for a tournament and then maybe you will also get a few practice sessions with them. Would be fun
        I hosted a couples day at Timber in February with picnic lunch. It was a lot of fun and Timber is pretty forgiving of newer players.

Bob

Comment

Yeah Dabney has that picnic area right by the course too. That would be nice .. but the cliff on the back 9 might not be so good for players like my wife, but we can't let lost discs stop us!

Comment

but we can't let lost discs stop us!
            Easy for you to say. How many do you have, 1000?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Easy for you to say. How many do you have, 1000?
              1000! Are you insane! I only have like 500 ...

Comment

1000! Are you insane! I only have like 500 ...
                I was rounding up.

Comment

Yeah Dabney has that picnic area right by the course too. That would be nice .. but the cliff on the back 9 might not be so good for players like my wife, but we can't let lost discs stop us!
                  My wife throws one disc and she has never lost it then again it's hard to lose one when it is only 150 feet in front of you also just remember the disc isn't lost if you can find it almost like an easter egg hunt same bright colors.

Comment

Great idea Brian the McMahan's would be up for this. We attended the Valintine's couple day at Timber that Bob was speaking of, and I agree Timber would be a good location.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

ok, well let's plan it then. Where is that tournament calendar again?

Comment

Count The Wilberscheids in too! And the Calendar is at the top of these here message boards.

Comment

We would be interested as well. It all depends on the date and place.

I have bad memories of Timber, well actually the only thing I can remember is that big huge long hole with the power pole. Leverich is also a good place, espcially if you can get the picnic area right next to the playground.

Comment

OK looks like September 5th at 9am at Timber and a BBQ afterwards!

Cost $5-$10 per couple depending how many we get. First place gift certificate should be at least $60-$70 for a nice restaurant, depending what you think nice is. But $25/plate and drinks ..
                            at $5 per couple we would need 14 couples just to do 1st place. Either way it would be fun and the BBQ afterwards will be awesome! BYOM/BYOB.

now how do we get this up on the calendar?

I need RSVP's also please

Comment

Timber is great. Abell party of 2.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X