X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative Ned

I discovered this weekend that I really dislike playing with Negative Ned. This is the guy that bitches all round long about how poorly he is playing. I find it particularly distasteful when he is actually beating me at the time. Ahem... If your round was "An absolute piece of sh**", what does that make mine?

Worse.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Worse.
      Thanks for clearing that up, Sam.

Comment

Only here to help, Scott.

I have to say that this is one of the reasons why I wear an iPod. I don't want to hear it so I don't have to.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Only here to help, Scott.

I have to say that this is one of the reasons why I wear an iPod. I don't want to hear it so I don't have to.
          I thought it was so you could get your republican radio fix on!
          Putting......heh...EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Comment

Originally posted by Maidenrules View Post
            I thought it was so you could get your republican radio fix on!
            I'm pretty sure this is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              I discovered this weekend that I really dislike playing with Negative Ned. This is the guy that bitches all round long about how poorly he is playing. I find it particularly distasteful when he is actually beating me at the time. Ahem... If your round was "An absolute piece of sh**", what does that make mine?
              As bad, maybe worse is Nicety Ned. Great shot! (I was darn near ob) Great up shot. (I'm still outside the circle) Nice putt! (maybe if it had gone in) You've got great form. (why do I keep shanking it) Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                As bad, maybe worse is Nicety Ned. Great shot! (I was darn near ob) Great up shot. (I'm still outside the circle) Nice putt! (maybe if it had gone in) You've got great form. (why do I keep shanking it) Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Bob
                I know a guy like that...it's almost humorous, but not quite. I feel your angst Bob.
                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

I don't have a problem with someone not liking thier last shot, or talking about thier round as long as thier not being disc curtious, and that's not the only topic, everyone in my group had a few shots they didn't like this sunday, by the next tee we were laughing about something else, encouragement is always good for me,

Comment

Uh-Oh, I think I am Nicety Ned. And I'll bet Jay Townsend is Negative Ned (Jeff Elliott does that too: bitches about how poorly he is playing while he is kicking your ass). Jay Townsend is also Mr. Information - tells you your score when you did not ask!

Sometimes when I say to someone something like "that's not a bad place to be," they respond with something like "yes it is, that shot totally sucked!" and then I feel like an idiot (I'm sorry, Tewa).

I have learned that the best thing to say while disc golfing is NOTHING! I just can't seem to adhere to it. Sorry if my empty compliments messed up your game. Now that I have learned how susceptible I am to comments, I will try to make less of them myself.
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

See... again... iPod. I can say whatever I want - loudly - and don't usually hear the first response.

By the by... I think I might be Hiatt's Nicety Ned mentioned earlier. Not sure, though.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I play with a negative Ned but his name is not Ned. Hehe.. Any whos, he has a nice shot and then says "that is terrible" and then follows by emptying his bag(including all midranges and putters). Then we spend 20 minutes looking for all his discs. And then he throws from his first throw. It really makes me angry because I always throw only one disc. Every round lasts 30-35 minutes longer than it should. But he's a cool kid.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                          Uh-Oh, I think I am Nicety Ned. And I'll bet Jay Townsend is Negative Ned (Jeff Elliott does that too: bitches about how poorly he is playing while he is kicking your ass). Jay Townsend is also Mr. Information - tells you your score when you did not ask!

Sometimes when I say to someone something like "that's not a bad place to be," they respond with something like "yes it is, that shot totally sucked!" and then I feel like an idiot (I'm sorry, Tewa).

I have learned that the best thing to say while disc golfing is NOTHING! I just can't seem to adhere to it. Sorry if my empty compliments messed up your game. Now that I have learned how susceptible I am to comments, I will try to make less of them myself.

I have this habit of talking to the disc when it is flying. I don't just mean my shot, in fact i don't even talk through my flight path, only other people's. I recognize I have the problem but I just can't stop myself from yelling SLOW DOWN! SIT SIT! when a disc is about to go past the basket.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                            I have this habit of talking to the disc when it is flying. I don't just mean my shot, in fact i don't even talk through my flight path, only other people's. I recognize I have the problem but I just can't stop myself from yelling SLOW DOWN! SIT SIT! when a disc is about to go past the basket.
                            Damn Brian! Maybe we SHOULDN'T play a round together, we'd talk each other to death.

And again, an amazing job this weekend retrieving discs from Trojan! You Da Man!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                            Or does here stand the last remaining man
                            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post

No Gawain, you aren't the Nicety Ned I was thinking of. In fact any time I've golfed with you, you have been supportive but also told me "man that sucked", when it really did. Jerk!

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X