X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courses right around L.A

I am going to L.A. the end of Oct and looking for worthy courses in the area to play. I already have LaMIrada on my agenda, and checking out the Innova headquarters since its right by the Ontario airport. Any other need to courses around there? Anywhere between Riverside, where I will be staying and the coast?????
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Huntington beach course is fun, La Mirada is definitely the course to play though. If you're up for the drive look up Emerald Isle golf course, it is south of L.A., pretty fun course on a ball golf course.

Comment

I know Gwillim told me a few courses to play down there at the BMO. I forgot what they were.

Comment

Chavez Ridge is right near downtown L.A., basically overlooking Dodger Stadium. That's a ways from Riverside though.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Right now, I am planning on everywhere from Riverside, to Hollywood, to Manhattan Beach. I will be there for 2 weeks. I have plenty of time to check out many courses

Comment

The best thing you can do is head over to DGCourseReview.com: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/browse_map.php
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Thanks Adam that will help. But, I would rather hear from locals who have played courses down there and recommend them.

Comment

I lived in L.A. for 15 years, played a few courses there.

I agree on La Mirada, just make sure you play a few of the looooooong back holes.

I always enjoyed H.B. as well, with its great views.

You have to play the worlds first course, which is in Oak Grove Park near Pasadena.
                If you love this sport then , Oak Grove is Mecca.
                Steady Ed designed and built this course with the first basket targets ever made.

So go play there, and make Ed proud.

Comment

Thanks Jack, good advice

Comment

That is good advice. If you have time, it's probably a two hour drive but Casitas Lake in Ojai is a VERY fun course. They have a tournament down there at that time, too, and have camping. A thought.

And Sylmar. Another longish drive but worth it. I planned on playing it once and played it four times.

Have fun. Don't go all plastic on us.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Thanks Sam. I think my host down there is cool with me playing all the courses I can since he may not get all the time off.

Comment

Casitas is a very nice course. Very hilly. If you want flat and green, try Evergreen Park in Santa Barbara. It's not that much farther than Casitas, and SB is a nice coastal town to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          That is good advice. If you have time, it's probably a two hour drive but Casitas Lake in Ojai is a VERY fun course. They have a tournament down there at that time, too, and have camping. A thought.

And Sylmar. Another longish drive but worth it. I planned on playing it once and played it four times.

Have fun. Don't go all plastic on us.
                          This would be my choice! If I could I would go down in October for the Coyote Classic. Nate Doss will be there and encouraged me to come down, he said it is an awesome tournament.

Bob

Comment

Near LaMirada is a park called Whittier Narrows. not a real hard course but fun 27 holes. The park itself is huge, both sidess of the 60 freeway. the course is on the south side Mike

Comment

i've actually hosted a deaf tounrament at whitter narrows. It's 22 holes as of april 2008. Not a desination course but if you in the area and want to play then it'll do the trick, think a bigger champoeg concept...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X